Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Short circuit secondary fire feature to primary fire

Post New Thread Reply   

Nursik
Old 08-13-2016 , 15:11   [TF2] Short circuit secondary fire feature to primary fire
Reply With Quote #1

So to make it i think i'll need OnPlayerRunCmd and particle (or is it a projectile also?) touching the projectile to remove it, but how do i detect particle touching the projectile?
Nursik
Old 08-23-2016 , 04:17   Re: [TF2] Short circuit secondary fire feature to primary fire
Reply With Quote #2

Can someone help me detect when the projectile is close to an engie at least?

Last edited by Nursik; 08-23-2016 at 04:18.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2016 , 05:51   Re: [TF2] Short circuit secondary fire feature to primary fire
Reply With Quote #3

Actually you want to block the secondary attack of the short circuit, and force the primary attack instead?

Edit:
If you want to do that I made the code for you:
Code:
#define SHORT_CIRCUIT 528 public Action OnPlayerRunCmd(int client, int &buttons, int &impulse, float vel[3], float angles[3], int &weapon, int &subtype, int &cmdnum, int &tickcount, int &seed, int mouse[2]) {     if(client >= 1 && client <= MaxClients && IsClientInGame(client))     {         int iActiveWep = GetEntPropEnt(client, Prop_Send, "m_hActiveWeapon");//Get the active weapon of the player.         if (iActiveWep > MaxClients && GetEntProp(iActiveWep, Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex") == SHORT_CIRCUIT)//Detecting the classname tf_weapon_mechanical_arm would also work.         {             if (buttons & IN_ATTACK2)//If the player is pressing the secondary attack button             {                 buttons &= ~IN_ATTACK2; //Trick the server into thinking the player didn't press the secondary attack button.                 buttons |= IN_ATTACK; //Trick the server into thinking the player pressed the primary attack button.                 //Note: If the secondary attack button is linked to some animations, they will still be played on the client-side, because of client's prediction (It can't be avoided).             }         }     } }

Last edited by Benoist3012; 08-25-2016 at 06:01.