Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D-CS [6K views, over 200 replies, join the community]

Post New Thread Reply   

lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-26-2009 , 14:38   L4D-CS [6K views, over 200 replies, join the community]
Reply With Quote #1

• Hey people from now on everything is on the forums: http://l4d-cs.tk
  • Quick info:
    Code:
    L4D cs team:
    Developed by lukiuz
    --------------------
    Mod version v0.2BETA
    Added:
    Menu theme
    Images(player images in team choose)
    Descriptions(in team choose)
    Background + mp3

Last edited by lukiuz; 06-17-2009 at 14:35. Reason: rewrited this 3d time lol omg 0.0 | now shine wanted to make this less colorful, nvm :/
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
shine771
Old 05-26-2009 , 14:45   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Plugin that spawns BOT zombies but they dont stand in the player list
I don't want to be the one bringing the bad news, but i made an Zombie AI. I made it to seek targets and Eat them. If player dies, gets eaten, gets out of distance or gets out of zombies sight it'll try to find another target if he can't he'll just stand idle. It supports animations aka model sequences and attack. But the Big problem is that even without a complete AI 7+ zombies start to lag the server. +5-10 ping for every zombie. You can't get the same effect like in l4d.
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-26-2009 , 14:48   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #3

also i was thingking like theres bombers amd vips...

i replaced bomber with VIRUS so like that dude has a c4 ( modeled like a capsule with green stuff like infection thing) and the VIP are ADMIN, so... if you are admin you auto have vip flag in gamescore so your admin...

Last edited by lukiuz; 05-27-2009 at 02:48.
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-26-2009 , 15:01   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine771 View Post
I don't want to be the one bringing the bad news, but i made an Zombie AI. I made it to seek targets and Eat them. If player dies, gets eaten, gets out of distance or gets out of zombies sight it'll try to find another target if he can't he'll just stand idle. It supports animations aka model sequences and attack. But the Big problem is that even without a complete AI 7+ zombies start to lag the server. +5-10 ping for every zombie. You can't get the same effect like in l4d.
that plugin or addition you made (idk whats the right thing is it plugin or addict so nvm),
just would be great if the ping would be fixed, also i would like if they would
just stand like idle you said but not out of map like i understanded...

The bot plugin should be like this:

When a bot is spawned it seeks for targets, if the target comes 50m~ and
closer he attacks, like in emotes he runs runs and then slashes him, but if he
gets shot like and gets blowed away (like you hit to head when hes in air and he fly awaayyyyyyyyy)
and so he dont get off map or somphin just stands there, in future it should
run to the same spot where he was shot... Also when dead the bot gets
kicked so he wont spam server slots...
i will edit metamod so it would edit the max models in map stuff, the max alloved is 500 as ir remember, or something close...
well i will make it 999999 so 1player entity is also a model, like if 100bots are 100models, what should the map look? a big crate?
so with that fixed and ping also the bot part would be done... and still about slots, like i would create 16 for cts and 484 for terr. so heres the idea:

max players=32 (16 t / 16 ct)

BUT since BOT`s are terr becouse of zombiness, i create much spawn points, so there would be like in l4d 100++ zm attacks at the moment.

I dont want bots be respawned like kill 100 zm another 100 spawns >.< , i want them be in multiple spots and the plugin to handle the respawns so that
bots would be spawned only in range of 100m~ around the survivors...

well i could talk about ideas for life, but still waiting for replys and other people opinion
Fawkes37
Old 05-26-2009 , 15:13   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #5

let cs be cs and let l4d be l4d. thx
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-26-2009 , 15:14   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #6

i thought of what people say, just like u did, but i really think that this project might succeed..

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes37 View Post
Well i dont think that this will harm you and like if other people play zm, ant you play other mods, that doesnt mean that your a some kind of a retart lol -.-

Last edited by lukiuz; 05-26-2009 at 15:18. Reason: dont want to make it double post >.<
shine771
Old 05-26-2009 , 15:51   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #7

I talked about Zombies as Entities, like the ball used in soccerjam, not real players. You can't hide players in scoreboard even if they're fakeclients.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2009 , 23:11   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #8

It's possible shine771, A group of modders in my clan attempted to create modules and engines from cs to support a cs vs. of L4D.

So Far we have gotten the fog to work, the animation skins designed by frk_14 as well as the whole falling on the floor when u get damaged and you a life bar thing. We also got sounds taken from the actual game, and the spawn of 100-150 zombies using 7 BOTS. Only problem is, we need a server with maximum CPU Usage cuz it can't just keep spawning more and more zombies. Tested for an hour and it crashes. So the farthest we got through was an hour based on a server of 128 fps and I believe 2 RAM. (Based Off my friends Dedicated Server)

Maps is an issue. The Gun Animation is a problem. The Smoker shooting its tongue out is a problem. And The smashing of walls (Based on maps is a problem)

Still working on it (Has been about a 3-4 month process so far
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2009 , 23:39   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #9

It sounds good but it is impossible, especially for most players. You would need to rework a lot of things. Monster mod would be impossible and so would most bots probably. I suppose you could maybe get a bot working, but you'd need it very customized in order to function correctly. Also, it would be laggy. 100-150 zombies at ~1k polies (being nice) is 100k poly count. 1/4 of that would probably lag anyone (or most) who still play cs 1.6. Monster mod is impossible becuase updating the positions of over 10 people will lag everyone. There may only be one solution to these problems. creativity. I have a few ideas, but they are of course my ideas, not yours.

Btw, having content from other games (w/o permission) on your computer without owning them is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
It's possible shine771, A group of modders in my clan attempted to create modules and engines from cs to support a cs vs. of L4D.

So Far we have gotten the fog to work, the animation skins designed by frk_14 as well as the whole falling on the floor when u get damaged and you a life bar thing. We also got sounds taken from the actual game, and the spawn of 100-150 zombies using 7 BOTS. Only problem is, we need a server with maximum CPU Usage cuz it can't just keep spawning more and more zombies. Tested for an hour and it crashes. So the farthest we got through was an hour based on a server of 128 fps and I believe 2 RAM. (Based Off my friends Dedicated Server)

Maps is an issue. The Gun Animation is a problem. The Smoker shooting its tongue out is a problem. And The smashing of walls (Based on maps is a problem)

Still working on it (Has been about a 3-4 month process so far
This kinda furthers my point a little. It is all in good taste, but it is just a lot of work. In order to make it completely and get it to work right, you will need completely custom content (maps, etc) and have like a specific way of making maps. I myself remade the apartments map in l4d partially and it looked pretty good, but trust me, your better off just starting fresh with your own ideas.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 05-26-2009 at 23:45.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2009 , 00:19   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes37 View Post
Ditto.