Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2009 , 18:38   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #21

Updated to 0.14.0

• COMMAND - !restartmap added, changelevels to the current map
  • CVAR - l4d_ready_server_cfg - put "filename.cfg" here, it will execute it every map change
  • BUGFIX - Witch would spawn during ready round sometimes, turned off all boss/infected spawning to prevent this
  • BUGFIX - !restartround now works if executed from rcon (at least 1 player must be on the server)
  • BUGFIX - The plugin will correctly unload when unloaded forcefully or after a level change, by turning zombies back on.
ChillyWI
Old 02-01-2009 , 16:39   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
Another possible feature that would be really smart for CAL to pick up is swapping which team is survivor first each stage. So one team would be survivor first on stages 1,3,5 and the other team would be first on 2,4. It would really balance things out, and you already have most of the functionality in your plugin (just force a single restart at the start of each stage). Would have to test to make sure the scores followed properly, but it should work.
Downtown, I tried doing this myself and had it really close to working. I just switched it so it only did one swap instead of two. The only problem is that the scores switched each time as well. I really think a competition plugin would benefit from this since it eliminates the debate over who goes survivor first. The only thing it would take is swapping the scores with the teams each time, but I'm not sure how difficult that is.

Thanks for this great plugin. We like it a lot.
Pigfat
Old 02-01-2009 , 22:02   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #23

Great mod!
We're running a tournament which starts in about 1-2 weeks, and a huge debate is going on about how to decide who starts as the infected first.

The team that goes infected first has a huge advantage, such as knowing if there is a tank or witch, and where.

Once a team is infected/survivor first, that will carry on to the next level.

This is what usually happens:
No Mercy - Level 1:
Team A = Plays survivors First
Team B = Plays infected First

No Mercy - Level 2:

etc.

My 2 suggestions to solve this:

Add a function/command/cvar? for us to enable/disable, where at the beginning of each level, the teams get switched to the other side. If this suggestion is worked on, make sure this command can be inserted into the config, so an admin doesn't have to be in-game in that server to activate the command.

Example:

No Mercy - Level 1:

No Mercy - Level 2:
Map loads, [New suggested function executes and swaps teams], so:
Team A = Plays infected First
Team B = Plays survivors First

And perhaps (not needed, but would be handy to have it) another function that will swap both of the teams' sides manually.

Also, do you accept donations via paypal? If you do, tell me the address.

Really hope you'll consider adding either or all of the suggestions!

Cheers

Last edited by Pigfat; 02-01-2009 at 22:15.
ChillyWI
Old 02-01-2009 , 22:14   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #24

Pigfat... that's exactly what I suggested. ;) Good to see more support for the idea, though.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2009 , 02:51   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #25

I'd love to add ABBA support (as Pigfat is suggesting), if you turn on READY_DEBUG 1 and look at the code that is under #if READY_DEBUG you will see I tried to add to add support for it.. unfortunately I do not think the score is a networkable entity because I've tried doing everything I can think of, including scanning all the networked data in the rules/team manager entities for the score value.

I think the team score might be stored in a logical data map, or I might just be doing it wrong.. either way using sm_restartround to callvote restartcampaign does not swap the scores, it's the same thing as a round reset followed by a team swap.

Unfortunately in addition if the director spawns a tank/witch then after restarting the round that team will no longer get a tank/witch spawn.

------

In other words right now I do not think it's technically possible to do just with a plugin, there's probably a function somewhere in L4D that does it that we could SDKCall on, but I'm no good with disassembly so I haven't yet looked for one.
ChillyWI
Old 02-02-2009 , 12:21   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #26

I know it's making it more complex, but what about using the code from the unscramble plugin to swap all players from one team to the other before the restart.

Then the only issue would be the tank/witch thing, which might be able to be addressed by setting these cvars to zero before resetting them back to their previous value after the restart:
Code:
sm_cvar versus_tank_chance_intro
sm_cvar versus_tank_chance_finale
sm_cvar versus_tank_chance
sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_intro
sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_finale
sm_cvar versus_witch_chance
If it's too much work before the SDK comes out, that's completely understandable as well. Just tossing ideas out to try helping.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2009 , 16:41   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #27

Swapping players is easy...... the problem is the scores don't get swapped.

Team A Score = 1024
Team B Score = 2048

Now I swap all the players.

Team B Score = 1024
Team A Score = 2048

See the problem?
ChillyWI
Old 02-02-2009 , 18:09   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #28

Bah. The logic was flipped in my brain. I was thinking 1 restart vote + 1 manual team switch for all players, which would put the score on the right side for the A,B,B,A method but would also put the players back on the wrong side. ;)

EDIT: There's a hidden cvar called director_swap_teams. Any idea if that would help?

Last edited by ChillyWI; 02-02-2009 at 18:15.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2009 , 23:19   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #29

Updated with a bugfix .

• BUGFIX - Another attempt to fix tank/witch early spawn during ready mode by turning off director at the end of the round instead of the beginning of the round.
ottobohn
Old 02-06-2009 , 22:57   Re: [L4D] Ready Up!
Reply With Quote #30

Is it possible to have an auto ready cvar?

So we can enforce bots to be ready and force them in VS game play?

otto

Gaming with benefits.
www.n00bsalad.net