Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

admin_mm - A Mod-Agnostic Admin Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

showdax
Old 01-01-2006 , 01:26  
Reply With Quote #11

Okay, I've decided how I'm going to do all of this CBaseEntity business. For Windows and Linux without symbol table stuff, the plugin would load an extra DLL that describes these classes. The DLLs would have definitions for CBaseEntity, CBaseCombatCharacter, et cetera, and a standard interface for accessing the functions, and there would be different versions for each mod and mod version. This would eliminate the issue of having to recompile the plugin itself when the classes are changed, and the same plugin would work in any mod.

Besides that, I also want to try out accessing member variables via offsets. These are pretty easy to find, so it would be easy to release updates for that sort of thing. The plugin would read offsets from a file that contains offsets for specific mods and specific versions. The plugin will only use the offsets that match both details. Then, with these offsets, I could create some generic functions that would replace the mod's functions.

I could also add signature support, but I'm not too fond of signature scanning since it's easily breakable. If I were to use anything like that, the searches would ideally be "fuzzy", and could possibly involve using the aforementioned offsets to locate them.

Ideally though, a combination of all of these methods would be used, and one would be able to specify which should be used over the other, or the three could complement each other.
Send a message via MSN to showdax
saulstari
Old 01-15-2006 , 15:13  
Reply With Quote #12

hello, how can I add admins?

nick/ip? for lun.
Nicodemus
Old 01-15-2006 , 19:48  
Reply With Quote #13

yeah i dont get how you add/remove admins
BugsBunny
Old 01-18-2006 , 06:38  
Reply With Quote #14

I guess since there is no repley for the last 2 questions this is a dead plugin with no real support in sight
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2006 , 13:33  
Reply With Quote #15

I'm taking a wild guess but does it maybe use Devicenull's Admin Manager?
Old 01-31-2006 , 03:52  
Reply With Quote #16

As showdax is very busy these days I suggest you guys to take a look at BAT or MANI for SourceMM which is updated regularly.
Send a message via MSN to tcviper
showdax
Old 03-18-2006 , 19:01  
Reply With Quote #17

Version 2 is out.

It's much more stable now. The code is also much cleaner (except for the mod_funcs macro mess). I'll hopefully have a Windows version up soon and it'll hopefully have the same amount of features as the Linux version.

Once that's done I'll add in-game admin support. Right now you have to control the plugin via RCON. I'll also be adding commands for printing to various areas of the screen.

If anyone wants to help out with signature scanning on Linux and Windows, I'd appreciate it. Or if anyone has a "fixed" version of the game DLL classes, I could use that to find signatures.
showdax
Old 03-18-2006 , 23:49  
Reply With Quote #18

Here's version 3. In-game player admin support has been added. You should add something like this to your autoexec.cfg

Code:
admin_setadmin "STEAM_0:1:12345" 1
Note: you MUST have quotes around the steamid.

You can view the admin list with "admin_listadmins". The plugin exposes every command to the admins you set, except for admin_setadmin. More fine-grained admin specification will come eventually.
lerum
Old 03-19-2006 , 06:12  
Reply With Quote #19

Heh, quick succession does this have the same commands?
When can we expect a .DLL version?
showdax
Old 03-19-2006 , 20:05  
Reply With Quote #20

Version 5 is out. Pausing and unpausing should work properly now, and I fixed a serious bug involving ClientDisconnect not getting hooked properly.

I've compiled a win32 binary, but it's still lacking the same commands that version 1 lacks. Linux and win32 binaries can be found here: http://dackz.net/projects/admin_mm/