Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.

Post New Thread Reply   

NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-14-2009 , 20:12   The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, I had an Idea earlier.
Would it be possible, to have a 3rd team named "Ghosts". Let's make a quick description of what a ghost would be in Zombie Mod :

Gohsts : They would randomly appear at zombie's infection events, some time the zombie will infect the other player and because he isn't fresh meat with a tasty brain human anymore the zombie won't continue to eat him, but at random times, he'll eat too much of his brain for him to survive, so he'll become a Ghost. Ghost are randomly assigned to a team, their task will be to help their team mates to get their objectives done, if there team wins, they Win +1 Ghost point, if the last human alive die or is infected and that they are currently assigned to the human team, they'll automatically die (so the round end and zombie wins). Ghost will have some powers, by typing !GhostMenu

Smoke cloud : To mask the view of players if they are on zombie team, and it will dammage and slow down zombies if they are on human team (Cool Down Time 50 Sec)

Pick A Boo : If the Ghost has 5 Ghost point for this game, he'll be able to use this power wich will totaly empty the current clip of the weapon of the humans in a 5 meters range that will force them to reload their weapon (Cool down : 4 Min) If they are on the human team, it will strip the zombie's claws for 15 - 30 secs (2min30 Cool down time).

Cold run : Will slow down movments of players in a 5 meters range, making them shot slower, move slower, everything slower for 6 secs. Humans will get a Knock Back boost of 5% on normal shots, and 15% under this effect. Zombie will gain 50% dammage reduction. (50 sec cool down)

It's all Dark : The player will be slowly blinded in a 8 sec time, then the light will come back but he'll be kind of flashed by the light arround him (Like when you wake up in the morning and get the light in the face). (This one will be funny too cause we'll see crazy shoters xD) (1min20 cool down)

And much more other ideas of powers, specific teams powers.
What do you think of this idea?

I've forgot to say that Ghost Will be in a Kind of no clip, and automatically die if they are not near a player. Every ghost points earned on round wins will reduce the cool down time of their powers by 1 or 2 seconds.
Old 08-14-2009 , 20:41   Re: The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #2

This isn't possible without a very heavy extension.
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-14-2009 , 20:44   Re: The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #3

Pretty cool idea, but this is game-play changing and if made, would be a separate plugin/ext to add onto ZR. I like the idea though.
Old 08-14-2009 , 20:46   Re: The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #4

I think we should set a limit on some feature types. We can't do all feature requests, otherwise the plugin would be a zombie-ghost-freeze-super-knife-grenade-plugin. The plugin is already on the edge to be bloated if we add stuff like this, I mean, this will change the gameplay heavily.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-14-2009 , 22:23   Re: The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah but the third team is just the title, I don't wanna see it into score board, so maybe it would require a new extension until it would just use a cool ghost skin, and give to the ghost special abilities (like zombie have) (New class Human-Allied-Ghost, Zombie-Allied-Ghost).

Ghost would just join human or zombie team so it's easier to not have a 3rd team on score board, but I knew you would say that. I just hope you'll code it some day, so there would be zombie-mods under the ZR plugins, to change game play and have new kind of fun. It would be a mod to ZR like deathrun is a mod to CS:S if you didn't get my bad english explanation

Soon as you'll take care of making some fun mods under ZR i'll have an other crazy plugin to ask xD :

Human teams would be splitted on a special maps (with zones so ZR can reconize the winning human team)
On this map there'll be cannons, like a castle / boat fight, and the goal is to launch the cute zombie into the ennemie's boat/castle so he can eat all brains arround and the human team wins the fight xD
ZR could reconize both team's aera, add wind so the zombie would have a random target sometimes, and much more feature when they miss the shot and send a zombie splash on a wall, and if one team win, force the other now-eated-brain team to line up in an other part of the map and forced to perform a crazy-duck-dance on a strange-zombie music. Ok I stop now I wont bother you anymore with my "unmakable" ideas xD

Edit : I've made like 6 - 7 "normal" (non-zombie) plugins request on sourcemod, now I think I understand better why only one got handled by a great coder (Thanks Again to Gachl for coding it) xD

Last edited by NouveauJoueur; 08-14-2009 at 22:33.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2009 , 00:53   Re: The ultimate featurrree reqqueest : Third Team.
Reply With Quote #6

Well I DO have plans when it comes to support different game modes, so these ideas are absolutely valid in that case.

There's nothing wrong in updading ZR with new cool stuff. Just look at Team Fortress 2. They've made TONS of new features since they released it. It's not impossible to do this with ZR too, and it could be interesting pushing SourceMod a bit. ^^

But first we have to aim for ZR 3.0.0 before we do big changes like this.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby