Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Haerdoepfel
Old 01-07-2021 , 08:39   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5221

Hi Guys

I've been fiddeling around in CS:S with Gungame and set up a DM Server which actually runs. I've come to two hurdles that i don't seem to be able to overcome.

Sourcemod Version 1.10.0.6488
Metamod Version 1.10.7

Usually i play with friends an the server only runs then. Whenever we feel like playing Gungame i just launch the Mod manually by ececuting a cfg-file:

Code:
sm plugins unload cssgore
sm plugins unload giftcash
sm plugins unload headshotexplode
sm plugins unload knifefight
sm plugins unload rankme
sm plugins unload weapon_restrict
mp_timelimit 0
mp_winlimit 0
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_maxrounds 0
sm_ggdm_enable 1
sm_ggdm_sp_enable 1
sm_ggdm_sp_removeonfire 1
sm_ggdm_fspawn_enable 1
gg_enable
As long as were just playing together everything works smoothly. As soon as i add bots though the server just crashes. There isn't even an errorlog, it just exits... There does not seem to be a common thing that always makes the server crash too. It crashes with 5 or 30 bots. Sometimes it crashes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10. I haven't changed anything afaik concerning bots so i'm at a loss and i hoped that maybe someone has a solution.

The second thing that really bugs me is that i'd like Gungame to turn on automatically when a certain map plays like a gg_map or ar_map. I've come across this post and tried this which didn't work. I then tried this mod with the same cvars as above but when a map loads it does not automatically enable Gungame. Has anyone experience or a solution to that?

Last but not least i wondered if theres a way to include a Gungame votecommand. Lets say that de_dust is playing normally but players want to play a round of gungame. Is it possible to include a vote by typing for example !votegungame in chat? I actually tried this with this mod but couldn't succeed.

Thanks in advance for your answers. I've been googling like hell and flew over 500 pages of Gungame-Thread but didn't find a solution to these things... If i need to provide more info, of course i will...
whit
Update 1: I think i solved problem number 2, the map specific executing of gungame. I combined this mod with this one and delayed the enabling of gungame for a few seconds. And now... i think it works...

Last edited by Haerdoepfel; 01-24-2021 at 15:17.
Haerdoepfel
Old 01-24-2021 , 15:10   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haerdoepfel View Post
Hi Guys

I've been fiddeling around with Gungame and set up a DM Server which actually runs. I've come to two hurdles that i don't seem to be able to overcome.

Sourcemod Version 1.10.0.6488
Metamod Version 1.10.7

Usually i play with friends an the server only runs then. Whenever we feel like playing Gungame i just launch the Mod manually by ececuting a cfg-file:

Code:
sm plugins unload cssgore
sm plugins unload giftcash
sm plugins unload headshotexplode
sm plugins unload knifefight
sm plugins unload rankme
sm plugins unload weapon_restrict
mp_timelimit 0
mp_winlimit 0
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_maxrounds 0
sm_ggdm_enable 1
sm_ggdm_sp_enable 1
sm_ggdm_sp_removeonfire 1
sm_ggdm_fspawn_enable 1
gg_enable
As long as were just playing together everything works smoothly. As soon as i add bots though the server just crashes. There isn't even an errorlog, it just exits... There does not seem to be a common thing that always makes the server crash too. It crashes with 5 or 30 bots. Sometimes it crashes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10. I haven't changed anything afaik concerning bots so i'm at a loss and i hoped that maybe someone has a solution.

The second thing that really bugs me is that i'd like Gungame to turn on automatically when a certain map plays like a gg_map or ar_map. I've come across this post and tried this which didn't work. I then tried this mod with the same cvars as above but when a map loads it does not automatically enable Gungame. Has anyone experience or a solution to that?

Last but not least i wondered if theres a way to include a Gungame votecommand. Lets say that de_dust is playing normally but players want to play a round of gungame. Is it possible to include a vote by typing for example !votegungame in chat? I actually tried this with this mod but couldn't succeed.

Thanks in advance for your answers. I've been googling like hell and flew over 500 pages of Gungame-Thread but didn't find a solution to these things... If i need to provide more info, of course i will...
whit
Update 1: I think i solved problem number 2, the map specific executing of gungame. I combined this mod with this one and delayed the enabling of gungame for a few seconds. And now... i think it works...

So I set up a completely new CSS server which ran fine with bots. But as soon as I installed Gungame and ran it with bots the server crashes... no idea why. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
pedrotski
Old 01-25-2021 , 06:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5223

Has anyone had issues with weapons auto firing?
Old 02-04-2021 , 05:26   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5224

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotski View Post
Has anyone had issues with weapons auto firing?
GunGame plugin shouldn't have any connections with firing. It catches events like Player Death. Fire is on the client side.
Goodz717
Old 02-05-2021 , 01:47   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haerdoepfel View Post
So I set up a completely new CSS server which ran fine with bots. But as soon as I installed Gungame and ran it with bots the server crashes... no idea why. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
Yes I'm having this issue as well. I've tried a million things nothing has worked there are no logs the server just closes itself.
OneMore
Old 02-05-2021 , 07:58   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodz717 View Post
Yes I'm having this issue as well. I've tried a million things nothing has worked there are no logs the server just closes itself.
I advise recompiling the plugin yourself for the latest sourcemod.
Goodz717
Old 02-05-2021 , 16:13   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5227

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
I'll have to google that, probably the only thing I haven't tried

Just found this too: https://i.imgur.com/fKB1qGw.png looks like this is set up for cs:go not css?
Goodz717
Old 02-05-2021 , 17:51   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5228

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, but not a lot of luck googling how to re-compile the plugin ha. How would one re-compile the plugin?

*Edit* Recompiled everything, unfortunately the crashing remains

Last edited by Goodz717; 02-05-2021 at 20:04. Reason: update
OneMore
Old 02-08-2021 , 09:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodz717 View Post
...unfortunately the crashing remains
Do not understand what do you mean by "crashing remains".
Have you managed to recompile the plugin under the latest Sourcemod?
I use the plugin on CS:GO and everything fine with me. You need to carefully change all necessary settings for it. This plugin is very complicated, so be careful. Read the page 1 and do all necessary settings.

Last edited by OneMore; 02-08-2021 at 09:17.
Goodz717
Old 02-08-2021 , 22:00   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5230

Quote:
Do not understand what do you mean by "crashing remains".
Have you managed to recompile the plugin under the latest Sourcemod?
I use the plugin on CS:GO and everything fine with me. You need to carefully change all necessary settings for it. This plugin is very complicated, so be careful. Read the page 1 and do all necessary settings.
Just like I said, sadly the crashing remains. Yeah, I guess I'll have to go through line by line, if this is working for your CS:GO should be working for source. I'll update if/when I fix the issue.

*Update* - So far so good, the game successfully got through one round without any crashing. Just need to get the map changer working and then import sm cvars from my other server. Will continue to test, and monitor.

Last edited by Goodz717; 02-09-2021 at 18:15.