Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A competitive mode for people who think they can handle it :)
    Old 12-27-2009 , 11:02   [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #1

Are you tired of continually raping a team, only for them to find a stash of 1298625 med kits and defibrillators? Do you want to see who can crown, and who just shotgun spams witches? Do you think you're pro enough to get a perfect score with no med kits or tier 2/3 weapons? If so, then please check this out

It's basically similar to frustian's mod (but a lot simpler), but since it doesn't support L4D2 (or at least, I think it doesn't), I thought I'd make my own.

This is my first plugin, so please be gentle.

CVars
    l4d2_hardcore_mode <mode> - turn hardcore mode on or off (valid modes are 1, 2 or 3. see below for what each mode entails)
    l4d2_hardcore_version - version

Console Commands
    sm_hardcore_info - a description of the modes is printed

Current Features

• 3 modes
    • For any mode, there is a tank and a witch on every level, except for the ones with no spawns coded. A player will become black and white on first incap, the witch will kill with 1 hit, and the tank has 1.5 times as much HP.
    • Mode 1 replaces kits/defibs with pills.
    • Mode 2 does as above, but replaces t2/3 weapons with t1 weapons, with limited ammo, which can only be picked up once.
    • Mode 3 does as above, but removes all health support.
    Possible Future Features
    • A ready up system (which I have all ready made, it just needs testing)
    • Maybe a mode 4, where once a survivor dies in a round, they are dead for the remaining rounds of the match (although, this may be a bit too harsh...)
    • Or maybe removed hud, and removed object/player outlines (if this is possible)
    • A mode before 1 with kits in the saferoom?
    • On some of the shorter maps which are guaranteed no tank, I could trigger a tank at a certain point.
    • Increased damage
    • I'm happy to take more suggestions.
    Now, please remember, this is my first plugin, and there are probably some bugs/things people don't like/suggestions. If you think there's something wrong/could be improved, just tell me and I'll have a go. I'm constantly adding new stuff, so check back for newer version etc.

Known Bugs
    • Items spawned by the director or hardcoded into the map still exist. They cannot be used, but they still exist. I'm looking for a better solution.
    ChangeLog
    • Version 2.0.0: Release
    • Version 2.0.1: Increased ammo restriction in mode 2 (I thought it wasn't enough), fixed a function which didn't return anything that should have.
    • Version 2.0.2: Fixed the ammo pile problem by...removing them. Ammo piles are now replaced with a weapon. It's the only way I could get it to work...
    • Version 2.0.3: Fixed tier 2 weapon spawns which were hardcoded - players can now not pick them up. They still exist, but can't be picked up. T'is the best I can do for now...
    • Version 2.1.0: New feature - black and white on revive for all modes! (thanks to Zverina and Crimson_Fox)
    • Version 2.2.0: Added modifications to witch/tank, and fixed a bug which crashed large maps.
    • Version 2.3.0: Increased survival bonus to 100 (makes actually surviving a lot more rewarding). Now also uses a panel for sm_hardcore_info, which is a lot easier to..see...

I look forward to some feedback.

Jack.

P.S. I made a version which just modifies weapon pickup limits like some of you requested... (jackpf_hardcore_weapons_mod_mode.sp)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jackpf_hardcore_weapons_mod_mode.sp - 3909 views - 2.0 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jackpf_hardcore_mode.sp - 4552 views - 10.4 KB)

Last edited by jackpf; 01-09-2010 at 17:11.
    kwski43
    Old 12-27-2009 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #2

Great idea, I'm gonna test this soon on my server
    Old 12-27-2009 , 13:56   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #3

Awesome! Let me know how it goes, if you would be so kind.
    hyperfriend
    Old 12-27-2009 , 17:58   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #4

In mode 1 does it replace the original health kits from the safe room with pills or just the ones after the safe room?
    GanjaStar
    Old 12-27-2009 , 18:46   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #5

awesome idea, just wondering, is there a tank on hard rain map 4 with this plugin? thats really the map that needs tanks and witches.
    JackieChan
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 12-27-2009 , 19:54   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hyperfriend View Post
    In mode 1 does it replace the original health kits from the safe room with pills or just the ones after the safe room?
    If it's the first case, there should be a mode where just the first 4 kits are the only ones in the map.

Anyway, great plugin.
    Antithasys
    Old 12-27-2009 , 20:00   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #7

I like the idea behind this plugin, but when I first saw it, I asked myself the question: why not just make everything you configure a cvar as well?

This would allow for a "custom" mode and admins can configure it in greater detail... this would have a benefit to you as well, as admins wouldn't have to continue to ask for different modes, or changes to the modes, requiring different versions.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
    thresh0ld
    Old 12-27-2009 , 21:16   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
    I like the idea behind this plugin, but when I first saw it, I asked myself the question: why not just make everything you configure a cvar as well?

This would allow for a "custom" mode and admins can configure it in greater detail... this would have a benefit to you as well, as admins wouldn't have to continue to ask for different modes, or changes to the modes, requiring different versions.
    This is exactly what I need. Good plug-in though.
    ldoh0112
    Old 12-28-2009 , 01:31   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #9

Very good plugins!
    jackpf
    Old 12-28-2009 , 06:25   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hyperfriend View Post
    Mode 1 will replace all kits with pills. I guess I could make a mode before that which leaves saferoom kits...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
    awesome idea, just wondering, is there a tank on hard rain map 4 with this plugin? thats really the map that needs tanks and witches.
    You know, I'm not actually sure, I'll test it (don't think I've played hard rain with this plugin yet). I think Valve must have hardcoded no tanks into some of the shorter maps, which is annoying. I suppose I could try and trigger a tank spawn at a certain point in the map if one hasn't all ready spawned.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
    If it's the first case, there should be a mode where just the first 4 kits are the only ones in the map.

Anyway, great plugin.
    Yeah, might do this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post

That's a good point. The thing is, I originally made this just for me, so I tailored it to what I wanted, but that's not the same for everybody. But, it could get confusing with all the different factors of each mode becoming a cvar...I'll look into it though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ldoh0112 View Post
    Very good plugins!
    Thanks