Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore

Post New Thread Reply   

Nafrayu
Old 04-23-2013 , 13:12   Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore
Reply With Quote #1

I can't prevent nospread cheats from working anymore, even if do something simple such as:

Code:
public Action:OnPlayerRunCmd(client, &buttons, &impulse, Float:vel[3], Float:angles[3],&weapon, &subtype, &cmdnum, &tickcount, &seed, mouse[2])
    seed = GetURandomInt() + 7;
}
Did any of the recent sourcemod updates break this?

Edit:
It seems to be a problem with setting it to GetURandomInt - it works fine if i just use something like
seed = 7;
As the weapon spread for the above is always the same, as expected

Edit2:
I should've probably posted that somewhere else, not in the SMAC section?
This section seemed to fit the most though

Last edited by Nafrayu; 04-23-2013 at 13:25.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2013 , 13:40   Re: Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore
Reply With Quote #2

Were you testing with client prediction disabled?
Old 04-23-2013 , 14:40   Re: Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore
Reply With Quote #3

I'm at a loss here, changing the seed seems to be working normally - the guy who was on my server is apparently using something else than a no spread cheat - he called it no recoil.

After some testing i noticed that his bullets don't hit exactly the same spot on a wall, but are rather spread over a really tight area - yet when i spectate him it looks like any other no spread hack - changing the seed on the server side doesn't affect his no recoil cheat at all, his bullets still land in the same tight area

SystematicMania
Old 04-28-2013 , 09:15   Re: Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore
Reply With Quote #4

The reduced spread was likely accomplished through modifications to angles as opposed to seeds. Did you happen to spectate him while he played? Did he appear to shake in an unusual manner?
Old 05-03-2013 , 10:55   Re: Changing the seed in PlayerRunCommand doesn't do anything anymore
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystematicMania View Post
The reduced spread was likely accomplished through modifications to angles as opposed to seeds. Did you happen to spectate him while he played? Did he appear to shake in an unusual manner?
After the cheater was gone i have tested this with someone else, as i'm too afraid to use any cheats myself (i just spent way too much money on steam to get vac banned) and the guy was apparently using a no recoil cheat - i have solved it by writing my own detection for those - those source-engine sourcecode-leaks are finally useful for something!