Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Getting back into the scene...

Post New Thread Reply   

jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 17:00   Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #1

Well I might be getting back into AMXX and maybe source stuff as well. As some might know I like taking old abandoned plugins and upgrading and fixing them up. Was just wondering what plugins people are using these days? Here are some categories to think about.

Player Control / Punishment
Map Management
Server Management
Drastic Gameplay Change
General Fun
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 17:08   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #2

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
Was just wondering what plugins people are using these days?
well uh... http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdi...esc&sort=views
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 10-27-2007 , 17:31   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #3

Good to see yea again. lol
Old 10-27-2007 , 19:43   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Well I might be getting back into AMXX and maybe source stuff as well. As some might know I like taking old abandoned plugins and upgrading and fixing them up. Was just wondering what plugins people are using these days? Here are some categories to think about.

Player Control / Punishment
Map Management
Server Management
Drastic Gameplay Change
General Fun
Man, it has been a while since I've seen you posting. Here's a link to plugins you have posted. I would assume ones that have recent posts are being used and need help but that's one man's assumptions.

http://www.amxmodx.org/compiler.php?...=jtp&go=search

What happened while you were gone: Virginia Tech unfortunately and an idiot attempting for us to feel pity for him posted here and was banned. Then another idiot claimed he was going to the front lines of the Iraq war providing no proof and a brand new registered member of the forums.

So all in all, you only missed several bans and some random bullshit. Welcome back!

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 21:25   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #5

ooook... I know how to find my plugins, and also how to view the plugins section. I was wondering, coming from people who RUN servers, what plugins people are using.

I can even see what servers are using my most recent plugins (with the jtp10181 cvar).

http://game-monitor.com/search.php?s...&type=variable

1700+, not bad.
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2007 , 00:34   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
ooook... I know how to find my plugins, and also how to view the plugins section. I was wondering, coming from people who RUN servers, what plugins people are using.

I can even see what servers are using my most recent plugins (with the jtp10181 cvar).

http://game-monitor.com/search.php?s...&type=variable

1700+, not bad.
Lol I know you knew how to check everything yourself but I was merely saying to check when the last posts were made regarding your plugins, and if a long time ago, you could probably ignore them or create a major update to release. As per the new ones, then you could do some more maintenance on the fly...

1700+ people using your plugins is awesome because they still like them even though they are probably not necessarily maintained (er, weren't). I say you just release some optimized updates to your plugins maybe to meet current demands? (I have not read any of your plugins for quite some time now so for all I know, they all still meet demands - also, I don't even recall when you left.)

But I definitely remember you and good to see you back :-)

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2007 , 06:18   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #7

Whuy don't you convert your plugins in fakemeta only ? (has already be done for parachute).
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2007 , 07:15   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #8

I'm sure many people use this but the author got banned so it was left alone.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=400082
I think people just want a fully random jam number and maybe new jam and unjamming sounds.
IMO: I want time bar from defusing the C4 to be in this plugin while unjamming your weapon. So it isn't an instant unjam effect.
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-28-2007 , 07:33   Re: Getting back into the scene...
Reply With Quote #9

Welcome back jtp!