Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Server side bullet impacts (optimally with penetration info)

Post New Thread Reply   

2called-chaos
Old 02-25-2018 , 12:18   [CS:GO] Server side bullet impacts (optimally with penetration info)
Reply With Quote #1

As we all know, certain features that work on listen servers won't work on dedicated server, like nade trajectories, server registered impacts and bullet penetration info.

I already use NadeTails but are the plugins to bring the bullet impact features to dedicated servers?

I found a plugin that enable clients to use sv_showimpacts without sv_cheats but still you only get the red markers (client) but not what the server sees (blue). And also no penetration information.

I guess it's no rocket science to hook bullet_impact and render markers but my sourcemod skills are not that good. But penetration information could be a lot more tricky, right?

My post was useful? Than klick here, please. Tanks.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 02-26-2018 , 00:18   Re: [CS:GO] Server side bullet impacts (optimally with penetration info)
Reply With Quote #2

you can just use a weapon tracer plugin though...
2called-chaos
Old 02-28-2018 , 11:17   Re: [CS:GO] Server side bullet impacts (optimally with penetration info)
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks, I tried CSGO Support Tracers.

I guess it works in general (to see the discrepancies between client and server) but unfortunately the tracers won't go through walls if the bullet does.

My post was useful? Than klick here, please. Tanks.