12% 

AFK Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

hoboman
Old 09-15-2007 , 13:20   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #21

omg an afk manager? thank god!
we needed one of these

the one feature that i would love to see that if the server is x% full then start kicking the spectators. Kinda like in VEN's version. imo it is kinda weird having a plug in switching people to spect and letting em just sit there. You could be running the risk that there will be too many spects and nobody will be able to join up, right?
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 09-15-2007 , 17:01   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #22

@hoboman

Yes for sure, unless you had a small redirect or something. lol Or kick em once you hit reservation limit or something.
Old 09-16-2007 , 06:51   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #23

Updated v1.2
*Now plugin kick the spectator who have been Afk for the longest time. (connorr)
*Added german translation. (Mordekay)
*Afk AutoCheck, bug fixed. (koloyu)
*Added Unassigned player check. (manix)
*Added Full Server Kick spec, when a player is connecting and server is full, a player from spectators is kicked. (bmann_420 / hoboman)

Thanks all for suggestions.
Old 09-16-2007 , 09:55   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #24

Tell me what about if there is reserved slot
Code:
afk_fs_kick_spec 1 //(Default:1) - If server is full and a player is connecting, a player from spec, will be kicked
What will happend ?

ex.

there is 18/19 slots, 19 slot is reserved for admin.
and if players is connecting (18/19) and somebody is in spectator (for 60 sec)
will he be kicked ?

or connecting player will be kicked due to reserved slot ?

Next idea.

Could you create a menu which is asking player in spectator about recording demo ?

ex.

Player is in spectator mode and he is recording demo, after 30 sec. he will be asked about:

"Are you recording demo ?"
and "Yes" - he will stay in spec. mod
and if he dont answer question, after few seconds will be kicked.
Is it possible ?

Thanks
Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-16-2007 , 10:16   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #25

@Tramp
1.He will kicked due reserved slot lulz! Unless he is admin, he will can't play anyway,so ...
2.What ?! This is so useless... plugin has already an protection for players that recording a demo.

@All - Players who stays in spec team will not be kicked unless another player is transfered, due Afk, or afk_fs_kick_spec is 1 .

*Little bug fixed*
Updated
Old 09-16-2007 , 10:53   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka View Post
@Tramp
1.He will kicked due reserved slot lulz! Unless he is admin, he will can't play anyway,so ...
Updated
hmmm no, read again ;x

there are 17 players which are not afk, 18th player was transfered by plugin to spec. (due to afk)
19th player is connecting to server, will 18th be kicked to make available slot for 19th ?

(situation 18 + 1 reserved)
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 09-16-2007 , 13:40   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #27

Tried to use this on my Condition Zero server today and ahd to turn it off immediately again :/
It lagged and crashed my server out after a few seconds. Any reason why it should not run on CZ?
If it is not desinged for CZ i will try it on my 1.6 servers, until then...

Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-16-2007 , 14:12   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #28

@Tramp - If maxplayers == 18, yes, afk player will be kicked and 19th player will enter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp
(situation 18 + 1 reserved)
Hmmm, i think no, because in this case maxplayers == 19.

@Mordekay - I don't think so, you need cstrike module, i just tried again on my server and works :S

Updated
*Little bug fixed. (If plugin was disabled, when re-enable autocheck wasn't working...)
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 09-16-2007 , 14:25   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #29

Code:
20:24:24 Currently loaded plugins:
               description      stat pend  file              vers      src  load  unlod
          [ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm_i386.  v1.76d    ini  ANY   ANY  
          [ 2] SBSRV            RUN   -    sbsrv_mm_i386.so  v3.5.2    ini  Start Never
          [ 3] Fun              RUN   -    fun_amxx_i386.so  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 4] CStrike          RUN   -    cstrike_amxx_i38  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 5] CSX              RUN   -    csx_amxx_i386.so  v1.76c    pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 6] MySQL            RUN   -    mysql_amxx_i386.  v1.76b    pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 7] Engine           RUN   -    engine_amxx_i386  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 8] FakeMeta         RUN   -    fakemeta_amxx_i3  v1.76d    pl1  ANY   ANY  
          [ 9] SQLite           RUN   -    sqlite_amxx_i386  v1.76b    pl1  ANY   ANY  
         9 plugins, 9 running
As you can see cstrike module is running ;) Condition Zero is a counter-strike mod.

Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2007 , 15:08   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #30

Okay, you need to fix the player_id thing. Now that I go and back and look at it, I don't think you tested this with multiple people using the menu at the same time. Find another way to pass the player_id through the menus. The method just isn't safe (nor will it work like it should in the first place)

Here's a way you could do it:
Use the data parameter to store the key AND the player id. Some pseudo-code:
Code:
// The string looks like: "2|17" new data[6]; menu_item_getinfo(..., data, sizeof(data-1), ...); new szKey[3], szPlayerID[3]; new key, player; strtok(data, szKey, sizeof(szKey)-1, szPlayerID, sizeof(szPlayerID)-1, '|', 1); // you could just use a space if you wanted to. key = str_to_num(szKey); player = str_to_num(szPlayerID); // Do w/e you need to here...

If you don't understand, PM me*.

*: Others, don't take this is an invitation to PM me when you need help. I gave explicit permission to Alka, and to Alka only.

edit
Or an easier way is to just make the variables an array. (this was discussed in PM, I put it here as a reference for other users).

Last edited by Zenith77; 09-16-2007 at 15:57.