Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMM versions?

ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2006 , 09:46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic00
I hope you do not pull it for a SourceMM version, myself I can find nothing SourceMM can offer my servers that is not available with normal plugins, so why should we use it?

We use this and mani's server plugin, the normal one not the SourceMM one.

I see no reason to add many binaries made by many different people with wide rage of dedication and abilities, just to watch everything get tossed in a mix when an update comes along.

Unless someone puts out a plugin that has a lot of beetles mod features like auto kick and auto temp bans, a uniname blocker, winlimit team based weapon restrictions, and so on, and has a strong linux backing, I see no reason what so ever for us to use SourceMM.

I would be behind a stackable server plugin mod much the way this one works, where coders could use it's admin end and just add other functions.

It's not about how many screwy binaries and silly mods you can run, it's about how fast you can get your stable servers back on their feet for your players after a steam update.

Sorry if this offends and is not meant as a flame, it just I have been running community based hl servers for more then 41/2 years and our source servers have been online a year and a half now. I am just very disappointed with the state of source server plugins not coming even close to being as configurable as we had on other versions of CS.

<3 U Xad
Lots of people are disappointed with the state of source server plugins. Thats why they created sourcemm.
Old 02-14-2006 , 08:55  

I'm all up for a SourceMM version of PTBx
[Arnold]
Old 02-18-2006 , 06:38   Re: SourceMM versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Not sure what I considered... I know that I wanted it to be published for SourceMod ...
I have looked at the API but not decided yet as I'm very busy at work... I also want to make sure SourceMM is stable and really used as I otherwise have to support both (and is running none)... If people will use Mani's SourceMM version then it would really make sense to move PTBx too...

/X
Did you make up your mind? May we look forward to some "fruit of the keyboard"? ;-)

Best regards

Arnold
lunatic00
Old 02-18-2006 , 09:46  

Still using it, still loving it, still have found no reason to use or make our servers dependent on S:MM

Xad please keep a non S:MM version available.

S:MM people don't take offense, just voicing our wishes as you are.
Also remember there are some GSPs that wont allow S:MM as of yet
No flame offered no flames requested.
[Arnold]
Old 02-18-2006 , 10:40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic00
Still using it, still loving it
Which you both shall continue to wether there is a SourceMM version or not. I don't get the point of your interventions.

Arnold
lunatic00
Old 02-18-2006 , 11:02  

Xad does not want to have to support two versions, I am just trying to make sure he knows there are those who still want a non S:MM version, just as others here stating what they want.
awuh0
Old 02-18-2006 , 11:29  

There is no reason for a plugin to be a sourcemm plugin unless it does hooking of virtual functions and it can be unloaded.

It doesnt look like any od XAD's plugins do this, so the move to sourcemm would be useless, as well as more work that XAD does not need to do.
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
lunatic00
Old 02-18-2006 , 12:46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by awuh0
There is no reason for a plugin to be a sourcemm plugin unless it does hooking of virtual functions and it can be unloaded.

It doesnt look like any od XAD's plugins do this, so the move to sourcemm would be useless, as well as more work that XAD does not need to do.
See that both worlds can be happy and no added work for Xad
[Arnold]
Old 02-19-2006 , 04:38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by awuh0
Or uses inter-plugin communication. Ok, I think I'll join a Formula 1 forum and convince people that driving their sophisticated cars at such speeds is useless because rounding the circuit works fine with a Volkswagen. Seems to be fun. ;-)

Arnold
Shadowdogg
Old 02-26-2006 , 10:15   Re: SourceMM versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Not sure what I considered... I know that I wanted it to be published for SourceMod ...
I have looked at the API but not decided yet as I'm very busy at work... I also want to make sure SourceMM is stable and really used as I otherwise have to support both (and is running none)... If people will use Mani's SourceMM version then it would really make sense to move PTBx too...

/X
What i think is the problem is that many metamod source plugins are kept to themselves and aren't publicly available for people. If there were more plugins for metamod source then many would swop over.

eg. I swopped over to Metamod source all due to the IRC relay plugin

Then just by chance did i see that mani had a metamod source version coming out too so decided i might aswell swop.

If you see where im coming from? Basically - people wont use SourceMM if there aint anything useful on it.