Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mystik Spiral
Old 05-25-2021 , 07:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #101

Thank you!

Taking your hunting rifle example... without the ReverseFF plugin, does it do 2500 damage to the victim?

I definitely do not want to create custom damage for every weapon, but I might consider a damage modifier percentage, with 100% as the default. Using your example with the hunting rifle which does 2500 damage, setting a damage modifier to 10% would damage the attacker for 250 instead of 2500 (2500*.1=250)...if the damage modifier was set to 1% it would damage the attacker for 25 instead of 2500 (2500*.01=25).

How does that sound?
Old 05-25-2021 , 12:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
Thank you!

Taking your hunting rifle example... without the ReverseFF plugin, does it do 2500 damage to the victim?

I definitely do not want to create custom damage for every weapon, but I might consider a damage modifier percentage, with 100% as the default. Using your example with the hunting rifle which does 2500 damage, setting a damage modifier to 10% would damage the attacker for 250 instead of 2500 (2500*.1=250)...if the damage modifier was set to 1% it would damage the attacker for 25 instead of 2500 (2500*.01=25).

How does that sound?
Yeah, sure thing, that would do the trick. I tried no friendly fire plugins, but the molotov does no damage to survivors teamates which I really don't like. and 1% of my weapon damage reverse I would love that for my server too =D

glad that you still visit your lovely plugin. <3 love ya

Last edited by TrueDarkness; 05-25-2021 at 12:20.
Proaxel
Old 05-25-2021 , 13:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #103

A couple suggestions:

Normally, when AI survivors hit you with their weapons, your camera will flinch but nothing else. But with this plugin, when bots shoot you, your view flashes red, you get a hurt marker, and your character vocalizes, all as if a real player shot you, just without the actual damage. I think this is slightly annoying; is it possible you can revert this behavior?

Also, is it feasible to add a command that toggles the player being able to damage bots normally, without any penalties? There's the rare occasion where bots go full retard and get stuck somewhere, and their teleport fails to work, so the only way is to either teleport them manually or kill them. There's always the admin commands but I'd like an option for the players if there is no admin around to help.

Other than that, great plugin!
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-25-2021 , 20:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proaxel View Post
A couple suggestions:

Normally, when AI survivors hit you with their weapons, your camera will flinch but nothing else. But with this plugin, when bots shoot you, your view flashes red, you get a hurt marker, and your character vocalizes, all as if a real player shot you, just without the actual damage. I think this is slightly annoying; is it possible you can revert this behavior?
I noticed that too shortly after the 2.6 release and already made the change in the 2.7alpha code. It will be included in the full 2.7 release.

Quote:
Also, is it feasible to add a command that toggles the player being able to damage bots normally, without any penalties? There's the rare occasion where bots go full retard and get stuck somewhere, and their teleport fails to work, so the only way is to either teleport them manually or kill them. There's always the admin commands but I'd like an option for the players if there is no admin around to help.
I'm not sure if I want to allow a victim to take damage, even stupid stuck bots, but I'll think about options. I'm leaning towards relying on some other plugin to force a stuck bot to move/warp/die .

Quote:
Other than that, great plugin!
Thank you!
Old 05-25-2021 , 23:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.6 (11-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
I noticed that too shortly after the 2.6 release and already made the change in the 2.7alpha code. It will be included in the full 2.7 release.

I'm not sure if I want to allow a victim to take damage, even stupid stuck bots, but I'll think about options. I'm leaning towards relying on some other plugin to force a stuck bot to move/warp/die .

Thank you!
Nice, bro. I am waiting for your 2.7 release @_@
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-27-2021 , 18:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #106

New version 2.7 released, see original post for download.

27-May-2021 v2.7
- Add damage modifier (reverseff_dmgmodifier) ConVar to decrease/increase reversed damage by a percentage.
-- 1=damage unmodified (default), <1 damage reduced, >1 damage increased, 0=no damage
-- 0.01=1% less, 0.1=10% less, 0.5=50% less
-- 1.01=1% more, 1.1=10% more, 1.5=50% more
- Fix regression when bot is attacker to remove hit/hurt sound/visual, even though no damage was actually done.
- Fix when attacker continually causes friendly-fire using translated language and would occasionally display some of the messages in English (not translated).
- In conjunction with the translation fix above, reduce the frequency of reverse friendly-fire messages.
-- The translated message fixes require you download the new l4d_reverse_ff_phrases.txt file and copy it to the left4dead/addons/sourcemod/translations directory.
Old 05-28-2021 , 01:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
New version 2.7 released, see original post for download.

27-May-2021 v2.7
- Add damage modifier (reverseff_dmgmodifier) ConVar to decrease/increase reversed damage by a percentage.
-- 1=damage unmodified (default), <1 damage reduced, >1 damage increased, 0=no damage
-- 0.01=1% less, 0.1=10% less, 0.5=50% less
-- 1.01=1% more, 1.1=10% more, 1.5=50% more
- Fix regression when bot is attacker to remove hit/hurt sound/visual, even though no damage was actually done.
- Fix when attacker continually causes friendly-fire using translated language and would occasionally display some of the messages in English (not translated).
- In conjunction with the translation fix above, reduce the frequency of reverse friendly-fire messages.
-- The translated message fixes require you download the new l4d_reverse_ff_phrases.txt file and copy it to the left4dead/addons/sourcemod/translations directory.
Thx for the awesome update and I agree that we should"rely on some other plugin to force a stuck bot to move/warp/die" but what plugin can do that?
Proaxel
Old 05-28-2021 , 14:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #108

Thanks for the update!

Also, now that I think about it, a "teleport all bots to me" plugin might be better for the situation with stuck bots I described earlier. But that's a topic irrelevant to this thread at that point.
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-28-2021 , 17:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #109

When an admin is present it is very easy. I use the Admin System by Rayman1103 and issue commands like...

/warp zoey <- to warp zoey to my location
/warp all <- same thing, except warps everyone to my location
/move francis <- this might not work if the bot is stuck, but the bot will walk over to my mouse cursor location

Note that you need to install/configure Admin System on both the dedicated server and on the client.

If an admin is not present it could get tricky, and personally I don't want random players to have the ability to kill or move bots on my server. I have a bunch of bot control entries in my server.cfg and do not use any plugins to control bots, but there are some out there that might help. Again, I have not used them so I'm not endorsing them, but some examples I found include Left 4 Bots, Merciless Survivor Bots, and Improved Bots.

If you have any follow-up questions, please PM me so we keep this thread on the topic of reverse friendly-fire. Thanks!

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 05-28-2021 at 17:45.
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-30-2021 , 07:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #110

Apparently I forgot to upload the 2.7 source code. Sorry about that, uploaded now.