Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

PTB Server Wont Start

XAD
Old 11-05-2005 , 16:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpKiller
However sometimes it seems to be too many rounds saying the teams are fine, even thought the maxscore and/or maxstreak are exceeded.
The switching logic is comparing the teams on a lot of different dimenstions. To make a switch, the differense must be at least two. Maxscore is one and maxstreak another dimension. If all other are equal a switch should occur but the loosing team could still have more skills.

Quote:
I was under the impression that playerfreq determined how often EACH player was switched (minimum rounds between switches, so it has a history for each player on the server). Is this an incorrect assumption and it is really a min rounds before ANY player is switched ? Thus needs to be lower to enable more frequent switches.
playerfreq is minimum rounds between switching a individual player.
switchfreq is the minimum rounds between switching any player.

Quote:
Also I have looked in the readme, and on here, and some of the variables seem to be undescribed, like scorehist. Is there a better source of information than README_PTBx.txt ?
Yes, the source code (as I haven't cleaned up my code yet and published it I would suggest you to look in the AMX/AMXX PTB plugin source code).

The scorehist parameter is new though, and it is created to minimise the effect when a good team looses good players. If a team had a very skilled player and won 5 rounds and the loosing team has 0 wins, the skilled player leaves, then that team will still have a score advantage eventhough the team is no longer that good. By setting scorehist to 5, the score used to team balance, will only consider the last 5 rounds. The scorehist setting should be balanced with the maxscore setting as otherwise maxscore might not ever happen (maxscore of 5 and scorehist of 5, would require one team to win 5 rounds in a row to activate the maxscore limit).

Quote:
ptb minrating 1.2
ptb maxrating 1.8
ptb superrating 2.6
If you want faster switching, these values should be lower. Value of 2.6 is very high...

/X
ChumpKiller
Old 11-06-2005 , 06:19  

As always a very quick and comprehensive reply, many thanks for that.

I will tweak away some more, but I am taking it a small step at a time so I can judge the results of the changes.

I must repeat again, that its general balancing is by far the best of any balancer I have seen or used before