12% 

Steampipe.. speculate

Post New Thread Reply   

CuriousG
Old 03-19-2013 , 00:46   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravu al Hemio View Post
And for those who don't want to wait, I will be providing updated gamedata files for the beta until it is released. Please read and follow the instructions at the top of the files.

Currently, I have up-to-date game data files for CSS, DoDS, HL2DM and the TF2 Beta.
Is there any way you can provide an updated sm-tf2.games.txt? The AddCondition for Windows is wrong. Plugins like rtd and ampnode rely on that.

Last edited by CuriousG; 03-19-2013 at 01:08.
Ravu al Hemio
Old 03-19-2013 , 09:36   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
Is there any way you can provide an updated sm-tf2.games.txt? The AddCondition for Windows is wrong.
I'll try, but it will take a while longer. If the sigscan fails, Valve probably made a few larger changes to that method.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2013 , 11:52   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #83

So if tf2 is going to be steampipe is it necessary to upgrade your server .bat update & launch files into Steampipe or i can still use them?

Last edited by Oshizu; 03-19-2013 at 11:52.
Ravu al Hemio
Old 03-19-2013 , 14:41   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
Is there any way you can provide an updated sm-tf2.games.txt? The AddCondition for Windows is wrong. Plugins like rtd and ampnode rely on that.
So I (finally...) found where the method went. The new pattern is:
Code:
"\x55\x8B\xEC\x83\xEC\x2A\x53\x56\x8B\x75\x2A\x57\x8B\xD9\x83\xFE\x2A\x7C\x2A\x8D\x2A\x2A\x8D\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x89\x2A\x2A\xEB\x2A\x83\xFE\x2A\x7C"
Darn compiler decided to move registers around.

Also, ForceRespawn has moved one offset further, i.e. 324 for Windows and 325 for Mac/Linux.

Unfortunately, I can't release a file to override, since sm-tf2.games.txt doesn't use the new "in a folder" structure. For the time being, try introducing the above fixes and then making the file read-only to keep it out of the misguided grasp of the automatic updater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
So if tf2 is going to be steampipe is it necessary to upgrade your server .bat update & launch files into Steampipe or i can still use them?
If you want to perform updates, you'll have to modify your scripts -- instead of HLDSUpdateTool, you will be using SteamCMD, which has a completely different command-line interface.

Last edited by Ravu al Hemio; 03-19-2013 at 14:42.
CuriousG
Old 03-19-2013 , 14:56   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravu al Hemio View Post
So I (finally...) found where the method went. The new pattern is:
Code:
"\x55\x8B\xEC\x83\xEC\x2A\x53\x56\x8B\x75\x2A\x57\x8B\xD9\x83\xFE\x2A\x7C\x2A\x8D\x2A\x2A\x8D\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x89\x2A\x2A\xEB\x2A\x83\xFE\x2A\x7C"
Darn compiler decided to move registers around.

Also, ForceRespawn has moved one offset further, i.e. 324 for Windows and 325 for Mac/Linux.

Unfortunately, I can't release a file to override, since sm-tf2.games.txt doesn't use the new "in a folder" structure. For the time being, try introducing the above fixes and then making the file read-only to keep it out of the misguided grasp of the automatic updater.

If you want to perform updates, you'll have to modify your scripts -- instead of HLDSUpdateTool, you will be using SteamCMD, which has a completely different command-line interface.
Thanks I'll try it out? I'm assuming everything else in that file is the same? I already am doing the read-only trick. I already had ForceRespawn set as it appeared pretty much everything outside of > 100 shifted +1

edit: Just tested and everything appears to be in working order again. Thanks!

Last edited by CuriousG; 03-19-2013 at 15:19.
nikooo777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2013 , 01:05   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #86

Hello i am still not very sure about this, I didn't understand everything so i have few questions:
(serverside)
do we have to put all the models, materials and sounds that are custom in the custom/randomnamehere/<structure> or can we just let them where they are now?
Can we pack all our custom files so it's faster for the client download?
What changes do we have to bring to our fastdownload server (if any)?

Thank you and sorry if my questions were already answered somehow but even by going through all the posts of this thread i couldn't figure out.

Nikooo777
Old 03-20-2013 , 01:22   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikooo777 View Post
Hello i am still not very sure about this, I didn't understand everything so i have few questions:
(serverside)
do we have to put all the models, materials and sounds that are custom in the custom/randomnamehere/<structure> or can we just let them where they are now?
You can leave files where they are now, but it's recommended that you either pack them into VPK files or move them into a subdirectory of custom to separate the files by plugin.

Quote:
Can we pack all our custom files so it's faster for the client download?
Sadly, no.

Quote:
What changes do we have to bring to our fastdownload server (if any)?
I believe you have to divide them up like you do on the server side, but I'm not sure about that.

Fast Download servers can't have VPKs, so they need the files loose on disk in the custom directory using the same directory structure that the VPK did. It's still recommended that you bz2 these files.

Note: If you DON'T have a Fast Download server, the files have to be loose on disk on your server as well (I think).

Now, Fletcher Dunn did mention possible Workshop support later, but it sounds like that is more for client mods rather than server mods. I'm hoping they have support for server mods like CS:GO does for Workshop maps... clients are required to download those from Steam when connecting to the server.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2013 , 13:28   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #88

i'd rather have my clients downloading maps from my servers, they are certainly faster than steam ones...

Anyway you are confusing me, you said
Quote:
it's recommended that you either pack them into VPK files or move them into a subdirectory of custom to separate the files by plugin.
and then
Quote:
Sadly, no.
what did you mean?

also on fastDL will i need to put them in a structure like cstrike/custom/whatever/<structure> or like clientside one: cstrike/downloads/whatever/<structure>?

Last edited by nikooo777; 03-20-2013 at 13:29.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2013 , 13:42   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
i'd rather have my clients downloading maps from my servers, they are certainly faster than steam ones...

Anyway you are confusing me, you said

and then

what did you mean?
You can put VPKs on the game server, but not the fast download server.

Quote:
also on fastDL will i need to put them in a structure like cstrike/custom/whatever/<structure> or like clientside one: cstrike/downloads/whatever/<structure>?
cstrike/custom/whatever/<structure>
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2013 , 15:36   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #90

thank you!

so there is actually no point in using VPK serverside if we can't use them on the fastdownload server right?