Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?

Post New Thread Reply   

Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2011 , 19:39   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
Nice job. But how does registering traits work? Would it be like if the trait is 100 more damage or something like that, would the trait plugin hooks Ham_TakeDamage, and then there's a native like zp_trait_user_has( iClient, iTraitHandle ), and if it returns 1 they add 100 to it? Or is it a completely different setup?
Exactly. So that plugin would have zp_class_register_ability("100 Damage Bonus"), and then in the plugin have zp_class_class_has_ability(class, ability) != ABILITY_NONE and this would mean that this class has the ability. They are tied to classes and not players because a players class can change very often. So you'd need to do a zp_class_get_user_class(id).

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2011 , 20:01   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirant View Post
Exactly. So that plugin would have zp_class_register_ability("100 Damage Bonus"), and then in the plugin have zp_class_class_has_ability(class, ability) != ABILITY_NONE and this would mean that this class has the ability. They are tied to classes and not players because a players class can change very often. So you'd need to do a zp_class_get_user_class(id).
Sounds good. Is it already implemented or are you waiting for it to be tested before releasing it?
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2011 , 20:48   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
Sounds good. Is it already implemented or are you waiting for it to be tested before releasing it?
I'm actually trying to find someone who can help me test it and try and find breaks or clean up some code or add error checking where necessary. This person would have to run it on a home server, probably dedicated and not listen. Don't really have to know how to code, but at least how to compile and make a decent log of case-testing errors. And most of all be dedicated to get the work done.

Right now most of the work is done, but remains untested. Once it is tested, then it can be implemented and I can move forward.

Base Builder [100% done]
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2011 , 21:25   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #54

I could help you test it + create some basic abilities to try and see how they work.

Already got a home dedicated server setup.

Add me on steam: shalkien
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Dimni
Old 09-08-2011 , 05:54   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #55

Another ideas:
1) Native to knockback user with a set force using all those multipliers like ducking multi, class multi from a attacker
(like: zp_core_knockback_user(victim, attacker, Float: power) )
2) Native to change player name during game (for mutating plugins, etc.)
3) Is that possible to open ZP buymenu using B key w/o slowhacking?
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2011 , 06:08   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimni View Post
Another ideas:
1) Native to knockback user with a set force using all those multipliers like ducking multi, class multi from a attacker
(like: zp_core_knockback_user(victim, attacker, Float: power) )
2) Native to change player name during game (for mutating plugins, etc.)
3) Is that possible to open ZP buymenu using B key w/o slowhacking?
1) It's implemented into the Zombie Class system, not the core. It's also based by class and not attacker/victim.

2) amx_nick does this.

3) It's not a button we can get, but I believe there's a possibility of using the buy command.

Base Builder [100% done]
abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2011 , 06:54   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
3) It's not a button we can get, but I believe there's a possibility of using the buy command.
wont client_command(id) catch this ?

My Plugins For ZP

Inactive due to College and Studies
Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman
Dimni
Old 09-08-2011 , 07:11   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
1) It's implemented into the Zombie Class system, not the core. It's also based by class and not attacker/victim.
I wasn't talking about changing Zombie Class knockback, but creating/dealing knockback to user using only one native.
For example, this could be usind in lasermines or bazookas (== raptors will be knockbacked further, while fatties will receive only half of the knockback, etc)

Quote:
2) amx_nick does this.
It was meant to change classname in HUD, like: Survivor, Raptor Human, Light Zombie. Using this native we could change players classname, to ie. Tyrant T-103 after using an item.

Quote:
Yes, I was talking about the buy command, not the B key. Sorry for that
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16
CSO-fag
This message has been deleted by bibu. Reason: Spam
Old 09-08-2011, 13:53
Se7ven
This message has been deleted by bibu. Reason: Spam
abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2011 , 14:03   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #59

I m repeating the 10000th time, Assassin and Sniper can be added as seperate classtypes, there isnt any need to integrate them by default so plz stop asking about them.

My Plugins For ZP

Inactive due to College and Studies
Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman
XINLEI
me too
Old 09-09-2011 , 00:54   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #60

Is it possible to make the .ini configs per map?