Evolution

Post New Thread Reply   

6pack
BANNED
Old 12-26-2006 , 01:32   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide View Post
OMG, my teacher was talking about making us read that book.
Its "The origin of species"
You are right, I meant;

Charles Darwin on "The Origin of Species"
6pack
BANNED
Old 12-26-2006 , 01:35   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Suzuka View Post
You are catholic not fundamentalist. You don't believe Gods word has to be interpreted literally; if you did, your entire religion wouldn't make sense. So you should be open to evolution; it fits rather well with genesis if genesis is not interpreted word for word as truth.
Amen

The hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.
bonafide
Old 12-26-2006 , 02:33   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #23

Speaking of the bible, Well the edit this out but its awsome. Jesus was playing with some friends and they ditch him. Then they went to one of there friends house and hide in the back room. Then when jesus asked are they back there the mom (who played a long)said no there are only sheep back there. Then jesus said okay and then when jesus walked out the mom open the door and his friends were sheep!
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 03:21   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #24

Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 13:56   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Which came first the chicken or the egg? It would have to be the egg because a chicken was not always a chicken but another animal. That part of evolution I agree with.
(Opinion) If you look at this question another way, it seems to ask evolution or creation? Your right that evolution would mean the egg came from another animal. Creation would mean God had created the chicken. So if someone seriously considers this question and answers chicken, they will likely believe creation. If they answer egg, they will likely believe evolution. (I did this "experiment" when I realized this a few years ago)
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 14:32   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #26

<-- evolutionist, and not prove you wrong, but I see that niether the chicken nor the egg came 1st, it was a concurrent developement. cause technically every mother of every animal makes some sort of an egg, but mamals have a wet embrio sack, versus the shell of an egg. same concept, different structure.
6pack
BANNED
Old 12-26-2006 , 17:16   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenwr View Post
<-- evolutionist, and not prove you wrong, but I see that neither the chicken nor the egg came 1st, it was a concurrent developement. cause technically every mother of every animal makes some sort of an egg, but mamals have a wet embrio sack, versus the shell of an egg. same concept, different structure.

I know that we have not got off on the best of terms and I am sorry for that, truly I am but look at what you just wrote....You wonder why people are -karma bombing you?
Spelling is one reason
Ignorance is another
Lack of education is absolutely a bad thing.
karma here means nothing....but if you believe in Karma, get it in real life, not on the forums. That will make you feel much better and will help you later...well in your head anyway

Last edited by 6pack; 12-26-2006 at 17:28.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 17:19   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #28

oh hahahahahaha
6pack
BANNED
Old 12-26-2006 , 17:28   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post

oh hahahahahaha
you are the man
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 12-26-2006 , 20:42   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Suzuka View Post
So you should be open to evolution; it fits rather well with genesis if genesis is not interpreted word for word as truth.
I'm going to piggyback off of Twilight's though here, as her comment is how I personally can defend evolution when presented w/ an argument of creationism.

Please note that I am an agnostic and I do believe in evolution.

People look at time as a representation of how many seconds, minutes, and hours have gone by. The Bible says that not only the world, but the entire universe, was created in 7 days. To MOST PEOPLE this puts the context that God runs on human time, where 60 seconds make up a minute and so on.

If you bypass this thought, you can come to the fact that a day for God isnt really a 24 hour day, but in fact could very well be millions or billions of years. This very well COULD give creedance to both evolution AND creationism. Humans and the entire planet COULD very well have been created in a "day" when using this context of time. Humans took millions of years to evolve, planets took billions of years to form, etc etc.

And if anyone says that Intelligent Design disproves evolution, I will be more than happy to take a dinosaur fossil, and promptly ram it up your ass.
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?

Last edited by Roach; 12-26-2006 at 20:49.