Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.14 dated 18Oct2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2021 , 11:55   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by doroemon View Post
I downloaded 1.9 version and test on playload map,
but it seem still not working correctly...
Ouch! 1.9 worked well with CP maps when I tested it, but I didn't test it with PL maps. A test today revealed that you are correct. Version 1.9 didn't work on payload maps.

Good News! Plugin updated to version 1.10 in original post. This version corrects bug where you couldn't limit weapons to a single team while playing on a Payload map.

Thanks for pointing out the bugs. Your help was rewarded with granting you VIP status on my server. Feel free to join by searching for server name: HappyLand (Uber Upgrades and Bots)
doroemon
Old 02-23-2021 , 11:23   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Ouch! 1.9 worked well with CP maps when I tested it, but I didn't test it with PL maps. A test today revealed that you are correct. Version 1.9 didn't work on payload maps.

Good News! Plugin updated to version 1.10 in original post. This version corrects bug where you couldn't limit weapons to a single team while playing on a Payload map.

Thanks for pointing out the bugs. Your help was rewarded with granting you VIP status on my server. Feel free to join by searching for server name: HappyLand (Uber Upgrades and Bots)
Tested and work correctly now
thank for help
That Annoying Guide
Old 03-21-2021 , 20:46   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #63

Hello again I was itching to update this plugin a little bit more with a few tweaks I wanted to do so I finally got around to them
I few of the tweaks I have done

Tweaked the item giving formula a bit to make items that were normally rare a bit more common to pop up

Fixed a few bugs I can't really remember and added some missed weapons like the golden ambassador

A bit more that I can't really remember

Edit: reverted sapper tweaks as they were causing issues.

Edit 2: Found an error that prevented getting stock sniper rifles went and fixed that now.

Edit 3: fixed a general issue with engineers shotgun also removed the gunslinger and the wrangler cuz there kinda buggy for engi bots.

Edit 4: Thanks to the help of PC Gamer I have now been able to add all weapon spell effects to this plugin like spell rockets and green fire and ghosts on death.

Edit 5: tweaked a few chances for festive weapons and spells.

Edit 6: Changed the way warpaints are given so more can show up

Edit 7: added a tpose fix made by showin from his give bots loadouts plugin https://gamebanana.com/mods/37013 should help prevent seeing tposed demoman and others.

Edit 8: Removed The Beggar's Bazooka because I have now learned that support for bot overhaul was dropped for the time. (P.S I'm using bot overhauls bot_ai plugin as a base to determine what they can use so I recommend using that or they may run into issues)

Edit 9: added warpaints from Halloween update
Attached Files
File Type: smx AGWeapons.smx (29.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (AGWeapons.sp - 77 views - 121.5 KB)

Last edited by That Annoying Guide; 10-06-2021 at 20:56.
Patro56
Old 04-17-2021 , 11:39   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #64

Hey PC Gamer.
Any chances of making your plugin work with x10 mod? The given weapons seem to ignore x10 stats whenever the mode is active.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2021 , 03:10   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro56 View Post
Hey PC Gamer.
Any chances of making your plugin work with x10 mod?
I don't use the x10 mod, but after looking at the x10 source code I think I see the problem.

Issue: Bots spawn with random weapons with stock stats.

Desired functionality: Bots spawn with random weapons with x10 stats.

Probable Cause: Both plugins update things during player inventory which occurs when the player spawns or touches a locker. The x10 plugin updates current weapons with new stats 0.1 seconds after the player updates their inventory. The GiveBotsMoreWeapons plugin removes existing weapons and replaces them with new ones 0.2 seconds after the player updates their inventory. In other words, the stock weapons given to players at spawn are given x10 stats and then immediately removed and replaced with random weapons and no x10 stats.

Possible Fix: The GiveBotsMoreWeapons plugin should replace weapons first. After that occurs the X10 plugin should apply x10 stats. To accomplish this you will have to either increase the current 0.1 delay of the x10 plugin to something greater than the GiveBotsMoreWeapons plugin or decrease the current 0.2 delay of the GiveBotsMoreWeapons plugin to less than the x10 plugin.

Suggested Fix:
There is no cvar to change the delay in the x10 plugin but the sourcecode could be easily changed. There is a cvar to change the delay in the GiveBotsMoreWeapons plugin. You could use that to make the delay something like 0.05 and test it with your x10 plugin. With both plugins running, try this at the console: sm_gbmw_delay 0.05

Let me know if that works. If not, you'll probably need to increase the delay in the x10 plugin.
Patro56
Old 04-18-2021 , 11:09   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #66

Thanks for the reply.
Just applied your suggested fix but sadly, no dice. Tried tweaking times but it didn't yield the desired effect either.

The x10 mod did work with Leonardo's Bot Weapon Randomizer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1539933) and, unlike yours and luki's plugin, this one had one more extra dependency, which I believe is what made his plugin work with x10 (since x10 also uses it), which is TF2Items (and maybe tf2items.randomizer.txt too).
Dunno how much of hassle it'd be to try but I sure as hell wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
RevilleAJ
Old 06-22-2021 , 15:32   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #67

It appears that the latest TF2 update, which initially broke any SourceMod build before the latest version, has broken this plugin along with Give Bots More Cosmetics. They just now reference pose and Scouts only use their pistol, while Engineers can still use their PDA. Reportedly might be caused by TF2Items or TF2Attributes (so any plugin using them may also be broken).

Last edited by RevilleAJ; 06-22-2021 at 15:33.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2021 , 20:42   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #68

Tested plugin after today's TF2 update and it appears to be working fine without the need to change anything. I think it works fine now that SourceMod's automatic updates have taken effect. Let me know if that isn't the case for you.
RevilleAJ
Old 06-23-2021 , 20:59   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.10 dated 17Feb2021)
Reply With Quote #69

Yeah, it's working fine now. I actually had to redownload the mod since I realized I was still using 1.4 or something (don't really remember, it had been a long while). Also the old crashing issue I had is long gone and I don't know how (possibly from using SourceMod dev builds instead of stable).
Shadowysn
Old 12-30-2021 , 03:16   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.11)
Reply With Quote #70

This plugin will tend to crash on tr_walkway_rc2 or any other maps that have the bots simply standing still on a resupply area.
If the amount of bots and the deploy time are too much, the amount of dropped weapons will eventually crash the server with no free edicts.

Not to mention it looks ugly to watch bots just drop a whole bunch of weapons upon touching resupply in general.

EDIT: I've made a quick-fix for this repeat-drop of weapons on resupplying.
Also converted it to SM 1.11 compiler rules, but the smx is compiled on, and should work on SM 1.10.
This also generates a GiveBotsMoreWeapons.cfg config file into cfg/sourcemod.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (GiveBotsMoreWeapons.sp - 57 views - 100.2 KB)
File Type: smx GiveBotsMoreWeapons.smx (27.9 KB, 65 views)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 12-31-2021 at 00:31.