Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Earn a FREE plugin review

Post New Thread Reply   

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-27-2019 , 17:06   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #11

Borrow a CS server and make a plugin where everyone who connects can enter their forum username via messagemode, then after a few days randomly pick one of them.
Old 07-27-2019 , 21:51   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
I'm bored and I kinda want to review a plugin so I thought let's do something "fun" or at least different. The first person who answers the following question correctly will get to choose what plugin I'll review next(maybe you made that awesome plugin or mod and no approver bothered with it for 5 years - this is your chance).

PHP Code:
#define PRINT_SQUARE(%1) server_print("%d", %1 * %1)

new 2
PRINT_SQUARE
(1
What's the output of the call PRINT_SQUARE(x + 1)? WHY? What if instead of the macro we had a function?
Don't use macros, and don't use old 1.6 syntax. It's {{CURRENTYEAR}} for god sake.

int x = 2; and do a function like a normal person. Macros are (apparently) going to be unsupported in the future (don't quote me on that)

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-27-2019 at 21:52.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2019 , 02:24   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post
Don't use macros, and don't use old 1.6 syntax. It's {{CURRENTYEAR}} for god sake.

int x = 2; and do a function like a normal person. Macros are (apparently) going to be unsupported in the future (don't quote me on that)
That's the Pawn used in AMXx, they don't have our 1.7 syntax yet (shh don't they almost noticed us)
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-28-2019 , 04:06   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post

lmao: you missed it is for amxx and you also missed the fact that the entire point of the thread was to use a macro.
I guess in {{CURRENTYEAR}} people do not bother reading the entire thing anymore.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-28-2019 at 04:13.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-28-2019 , 06:06   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDS1337 View Post
(shh don't they almost noticed us)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You do realize that Half-Life is an ancient game right?
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2019 , 06:24   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #16

I dunno what you are pointing at, but the thing is that I've been active on both AMXx (few years back) and now I'm kinda into SourceMod....

And what I gotta say is that people who use the AMXx forums don't know (most of the time) the ones who use the SM forums and vice versa. It was just funny to see them collide
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-28-2019 , 06:31   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDS1337 View Post
I dunno what you are pointing at, but the thing is that I've been active on both AMXx (few years back) and now I'm kinda into SourceMod....

And what I gotta say is that people who use the AMXx forums don't know (most of the time) the ones who use the SM forums and vice versa. It was just funny to see them collide
Because HL[mods] are barely playable nowadays. Investing on it is nothing but clueless. Sometimes I just check the SP forums and I realize why they have a new syntax, plus them forums are VERY active.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2019 , 08:11   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Because HL[mods] are barely playable nowadays. Investing on it is nothing but clueless. Sometimes I just check the SP forums and I realize why they have a new syntax, plus them forums are VERY active.
AMXx forums used to be very active too, that's prior 2013. but then it all shattered... we lost a lot of old members/mods/plugin approvers etc...
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-28-2019 , 19:36   Re: Earn a FREE plugin review
Reply With Quote #19

I thought this was for SourceMod. Whoops!