Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Connect Announce

Post New Thread Reply   

VSG
Old 07-10-2020 , 21:11   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #911

I tried testing this plugin -which is awesome btw- on a more recent sourcemod version, before I was running it on 1.8 and now, 1.10. It still works even without compiling it. On linux.

The problem is, GeoIP databases are not updated anymore and the last one is quite outdated now, from February.

A manual workaround would be nice, I can suggest 2 sites where I found some legacy material and somebody could tell us which one is the right one to upload:

https://www.miyuru.lk/geoiplegacy

https://mailfud.org/geoip-legacy/
flashing
Old 07-11-2020 , 03:00   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG View Post
I tried testing this plugin -which is awesome btw- on a more recent sourcemod version, before I was running it on 1.8 and now, 1.10. It still works even without compiling it. On linux.

The problem is, GeoIP databases are not updated anymore and the last one is quite outdated now, from February.

A manual workaround would be nice, I can suggest 2 sites where I found some legacy material and somebody could tell us which one is the right one to upload:

https://www.miyuru.lk/geoiplegacy

https://mailfud.org/geoip-legacy/
you have to use this extension https://github.com/Accelerator74/GeoIP2 which uses new database format from MaxMind .mmdb
then download and use the latest database file from here https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/

Discord: FLASHING#8548
              Steam

Last edited by flashing; 07-11-2020 at 03:02.
Ja-Forces
Old 07-11-2020 , 05:55   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #913

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=888
Old 07-12-2020 , 02:57   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #914

can you change this
"messages_admin"
{
"playerjoin" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} {DEFAULT}<{LIGHTGREEN}{STEAMID}{DEFAULT}> connected from country {GREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRY} {DEFAULT}({LIGHTGREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRYSHORT}{DE FAULT}), IP {GREEN}{PLAYERIP}"
"playerdisc" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} {DEFAULT}<{LIGHTGREEN}{STEAMID}{DEFAULT}> from country {GREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRY} {DEFAULT}({LIGHTGREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRYSHORT}{DE FAULT}) disconnected from IP {GREEN}{PLAYERIP}{GREEN}reason: {DEFAULT}{DISC_REASON}"
}

to this ? After I did this nothing happened . I unloaded the plugin and loaded it back but still nothing .
"messages_admin"
{
"playerjoin" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} s-a conectat pe server !"
"playerdisc" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} {DEFAULT}<{LIGHTGREEN}{STEAMID}{DEFAULT}> from country {GREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRY} {DEFAULT}({LIGHTGREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRYSHORT}{DE FAULT}) disconnected from IP {GREEN}{PLAYERIP}{GREEN}reason: {DEFAULT}{DISC_REASON}"
}

Last edited by Coz; 07-12-2020 at 02:58.
VSG
Old 07-12-2020 , 11:18   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #915

Thanks for your help, @flashing and @Ja-Forces, much appreciated. I'll try with that soon again and post how it went.
Old 07-15-2020 , 05:32   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
can you change this
"messages_admin"
{
"playerjoin" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} {DEFAULT}<{LIGHTGREEN}{STEAMID}{DEFAULT}> connected from country {GREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRY} {DEFAULT}({LIGHTGREEN}{PLAYERCOUNTRYSHORT}{DE FAULT}), IP {GREEN}{PLAYERIP}"
}

to this ? After I did this nothing happened . I unloaded the plugin and loaded it back but still nothing .
"messages_admin"
{
"playerjoin" "{PLAYERTYPE} {GREEN}{PLAYERNAME} s-a conectat pe server !"
}
after loading plugin, file 'addons/sourcemod/data/cannounce_settings.txt' gets created which can be used to change the connect/disconnect messages. Here you can customise the standard messages and the ones displayed to admins when sm_ca_showenhancedadmins is set.
Old 08-29-2020 , 06:01   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #917

My settings show one color even though this is the shape. How can I fix this?
Quote:
"CountryShow"
{
"messages"
{
"playerjoin" "{GREEN}{PLAYERTYPE} {DEFAULT}{ORANGE}{PLAYERNAME}{DEFAULT} {GREEN}From{DEFAULT} ¤{ORANGE}{PLAYERCOUNTRY}{DEFAULT}¤ {GREEN}Has Joined."
"playerdisc" "{GREEN}{PLAYERTYPE} {DEFAULT}{ORANGE}{PLAYERNAME}{DEFAULT} {GREEN}From{DEFAULT} ¤{ORANGE}{PLAYERCOUNTRY}{DEFAULT}¤ {GREEN}Disconnected{DEFAULT}<{RED}Reason: {DISC_REASON}{DEFAULT}>"
}
"messages_admin"
{
"playerjoin" "{ORANGE}{PLAYERTYPE} {DEFAULT} {RED}{PLAYERNAME} {GREEN} From {DEFAULT} ¤{ORANGE} {PLAYERCOUNTRY}{DEFAULT}¤ {GREEN}Has Joined."
"playerdisc" "{ORANGE}{PLAYERTYPE} {DEFAULT} {RED}{PLAYERNAME} {GREEN} From {DEFAULT} ¤{ORANGE} {PLAYERCOUNTRY}{DEFAULT}¤ {GREEN}Disconnected{DEFAULT} <{RED}Reason: {DISC_REASON}{DEFAULT}>"
}
}

Last edited by Darkwob; 08-30-2020 at 07:39.
weffer
Old 10-11-2020 , 04:59   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #918

Hi:

Error in game :

L 10/11/2020 - 01:49:18: [SM] Unable to load plugin "cannounce.smx": Native "GeoipCity" was not found
Nightmare Pyro
Old 12-17-2020 , 20:19   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #919

Is there a command to disable ip address (to stop showing)?
flashing
Old 12-21-2020 , 01:54   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Pyro View Post
Is there a command to disable ip address (to stop showing)?
just remove {PLAYERIP} from the config

Discord: FLASHING#8548
              Steam