Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2015 , 17:25   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4951

Is anyone else having issues in cs:go with your level showing correctly in the scoreboard when playing with bots?

I have LevelsInScoreboard set to1 but they do not show up correctly...

Last edited by zeroibis; 10-18-2015 at 13:55.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2015 , 13:22   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4952

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
Is anyone else having issues in cs:go with your level showing correctly in the scoreboard when playing with bots?

I have LevelsInScoreboard set to1 but they do not show up correctly...
It's probably not your problem, but just make sure that you have your config set to level up on BOTs. GG can be set to not level up on BOTs in certain situations, or not at all.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2015 , 06:54   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4953

Oh it does level up on bots as in when I kill bots I level. This is also true in mixed environments with multiple bots and humans. I also level up on bots with nades and knives in all of these situations. However, it appears to be an issue when payers use the take over bot feature and that is where the scoreboard starts to go off the rails.
Old 10-20-2015 , 18:17   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4954

Quote:
Oh it does level up on bots as in when I kill bots I level. This is also true in mixed environments with multiple bots and humans. I also level up on bots with nades and knives in all of these situations. However, it appears to be an issue when payers use the take over bot feature and that is where the scoreboard starts to go off the rails.
It may be a coding issue then. I can see where that could happen. I'm not sure if the GG code is being updated anymore or not. You might want to disable BOT takeover while GG is running. Another longshot you can try is using my BOT takeover plugin and disabling the built-in BOT Takeover in CS:GO. My plugin was written for CS:S, so it probably won't work, but you can try it. Link is in my sig. Other than that, you'd have to disable BOT takeover completely or try a different GG.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2015 , 07:02   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4955

If I knew what file/part of gg dealt with the scoreboard I could probably just fix it and release the instructions here.

Also what is the cvar to disable bot take over. I should try with it disabled completely to isolate the problem.

Last edited by zeroibis; 10-21-2015 at 07:04.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2015 , 14:31   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4956

Quote:
If I knew what file/part of gg dealt with the scoreboard I could probably just fix it and release the instructions here.

Also what is the cvar to disable bot take over. I should try with it disabled completely to isolate the problem.
I looked through some of the source code once, it's pretty complicated. I'm not familiar enough to tell you where to look. I also don't know about CS:GO, I only played the beta. The word I hear on the net is that the cvar is bot_controllable, but that list is calling it a "Locked" cvar, whatever that is.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=186668

My plugins:
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2015 , 16:41   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4957

Looks like the issue is the scoreboard is only being updated at round end instead of when a users level actually changes. I bet it I look into the methods being called on round end I can find the answer.
Old 10-22-2015 , 10:33   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4958

Ok so it appears the issue is likely caused by valve at round end resetting the score values. This can be corrected by setting the user score when they spawn via a plugin that uses the existing method:

Code:
UTIL_SetClientScoreAndDeaths(client, score, deaths = -1) {
    SetEntProp(client, Prop_Data, "m_iFrags", score);
    if ( deaths >= 0 ) {
        SetEntProp(client, Prop_Data, "m_iDeaths", deaths);
    }
}
Old 10-22-2015 , 16:57   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4959

CS Source:
Gungame Map does not switch. How do I get gungame to end and switch to the next map.
I am currently using the basic mapchooser plugin, and mapchooser is using the mapcycle.txt file for map rotation if no map is selected by a player. Any suggestions? Gungame is set to use sm_mapvote
Old 10-22-2015 , 18:08   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes7 View Post
CS Source:
Gungame Map does not switch. How do I get gungame to end and switch to the next map.
I am currently using the basic mapchooser plugin, and mapchooser is using the mapcycle.txt file for map rotation if no map is selected by a player. Any suggestions? Gungame is set to use sm_mapvote
AFAIK, GG itself doesn't change the map, it just signals that the current map is completed, and whatever you have in place to change maps takes over.

My plugins: