Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Amx vs AMXX?

kil0
Old 02-19-2007 , 21:00   Amx vs AMXX?

Hi, I am an AMX and now an AMXX users. I am said that Amx is dead... and for that matter locked as well. But I dont get it... Whats so good about AMXX. Infact there is a few things that i have found to be better in AMX than AMXX.

Please help me.

Also I read the sticky and dont shout at me and ask me why I am here if i like AMX better, it says we can ask this.

Pleas help

Thanks a lot.
kil0
Send a message via AIM to kil0
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2007 , 21:06   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

AMXMODX is a more optimized version of AMX MOD producing better server efficiency as illustrated by the data on http://www.amxmodx.org/bench/. It has more features which I will not explain because there are far too many. Welcome to the AMXMODX community - I think you'll find it quite a pleasant place to be!

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
kil0
Old 02-19-2007 , 21:23   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Thank you Slmclarengt.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2007 , 22:07   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Think of AMXX has an optimized tyrannosaurus version of AMX. A lot of the benefits can't really be seen from the user side except through the functionality of plugins. The way is coded is a ton better, and provides more yet better tools for the programmer.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-20-2007 , 02:40   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kil0 View Post
Infact there is a few things that i have found to be better in AMX than AMXX.
Sorry, I would just like it if you could please elaborate on this. Maybe something could be done/changed to improve upon your feelings in this respect. Or maybe there are just different ways to go about doing what you like in amx that you don't know how to do in amxx and someone could help explain them.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
kil0
Old 02-21-2007 , 18:12   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Well. amx.cfg has some more features, for example you can chose how the next map is chosen, nominations or vote. You can chose if you want the nextmap to be chosen from maps in the maps folder, mapcycle.txt, or maps.ini... the amx.cfg also has more but this is just what i have on the top of my mind. Also, when you put plugins into the the plugins folder you dont have to list it in plugins.ini.
There is a lot more features in the client/gaming side, such as the menu has more functions. some off the top of my head are that there is an menu option that shows all plugins and their commands... sorry i do not have much time now i will reply tonight when i have more time. RIGHT!! also with amx you have a option of a 'y' userflag which is superadmin. you can access commands on anybody even with immunity. this feature is really handy specially when you are the leader of a clan.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2007 , 20:02   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

FYI, that superadmin flag is a bunch of crap. It's the equivlant of ADMIN_RCON flag.

But yea, all those things you listed can be done through plugins that already exist. Some of these features may have been ripped from them (like they did with the last few versions).
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2007 , 00:13   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Quote:
you can chose how the next map is chosen, nominations or vote. You can chose if you want the nextmap to be chosen from maps in the maps folder, mapcycle.txt, or maps.ini
There are a good number of map nomination plugins as well as one built into AMXX.
Quote:
when you put plugins into the the plugins folder you dont have to list it in plugins.ini.
There is a plugin that does this, so you have to install one plugin and it's done.

Quote:
the menu has more functions ... a menu option that shows all plugins and their commands (and cvars)
This will be in AMXX 1.77

Quote:
with amx you have a option of a 'y' userflag which is superadmin. you can access commands on anybody even with immunity.
This can be easily recreated if you used ADMIN_RCON (flag "b") for this flag and changed the stock function cmd_target() to use the ADMIN_RCON flag for skipping immunity. You would just need to recompile the plugin.

I'm not sure if this was scheduled into the next release but you could ask for it. Or if BAIL looks here he can deny or allow it after he reads this.

I'm sure anything else you can think of can be done here in AMXX, oh and we have this thing called the AMX Compatibility where you can use the AMX plugins rather than the AMXX plugins, but using AMXX's additions, optimizations.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
kil0
Old 02-23-2007 , 00:03   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate your help
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2007 , 01:44   Re: Amx vs AMXX?

Quote:
Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate your help
That was never found on the AMX boards. Sorry, if this disappoints you.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos