Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

H(x)m3m do S@c0
Old 02-03-2007 , 09:30   [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Hi, all.

I´m a Amxmod user until the end.
Amxmod 2006.3 (lastest version from KRoT@L)

With this last KRoT@L version i´m capable to host a Listenserver with VAC Secure enabled, and with AmxmodX 1.76c i´m not .

Help please

Note: Some people say that its not possible to vac secure listenservers, but i assure you that its possible with Amxmod 2006.3 (secure "1" in liblist.gam any mod i want).

Last edited by H(x)m3m do S@c0; 02-03-2007 at 11:00. Reason: Forgot something..
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 02-03-2007 , 11:28   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

In addition to this being illogical, as server-side plugins do not interfere with VAC at all, I cannot reproduce this.

I just fired up a listen server with amxx on and:

Quote:

VAC secure mode is activated
Maybe VAC's master server was just having issues when you tried?
Old 02-03-2007 , 11:43   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

May be you right, but the truth is that i also try amxx and didn´t vac secure, and than i tried again with amx2006.3 and "Vac secure is activated", after that i tried again with amxx 1.76c, and guess.. "vac secure disable". Vac master server´s issues?? May be.. but as you say this is a little illogical. Thanks for your help.
schnitzelmaker
Old 02-03-2007 , 13:57   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

You need to add
Code:
secure 1
to you server.cfg and listenserver.cfg.
Old 02-03-2007 , 14:07   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

I highly doubt amx or amxmodx could cause this. This is more likely just a bad setup either something in a config is truning it off, the vac server you are trying to connect to has issues, or your ports aren't forwarded to allow a connection.

see here for other possibilities - http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...hp?p_faqid=374 (i know it's for connecting to a server, but since you are running a listen server some of it could apply.)

Last edited by vittu; 02-03-2007 at 14:11.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
H(x)m3m do S@c0
Old 02-04-2007 , 10:48   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

No way, i tryed everything i remember and also follow your tips but Vac don´t activate with amxmodX 1.76c. I really want to migrate to amxmodX, but not like this. The truth is that when i put my listenserver up with amxmod 2006.3, no problems at all, "VAC secure is activated". I think i´m gonna stay with 2006.3 (from KRoT@L), it works perfectly and without this issues. A big thank you for those who tryed to help me. Note: By the way, its a condition zero server.

Last edited by H(x)m3m do S@c0; 02-04-2007 at 10:53.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-04-2007 , 13:55   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with either AMX Mod X or AMX Mod, and is an issue with your client installation.
Old 02-05-2007 , 09:06   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

I understand you, but i´m really stuck on this, i don´t know what to do more. Any ideas on how to solve this client installation issue? Aparently everything is fine, what could be the diference between the way of installing client with amxmodX and amxmod? Thanks all
Ramono
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2007 , 08:31   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Try this:

Open liblist.gam in any text editor.
Find the line that starts with secure.
If its secure "0"
Change it to secure "1"
Or if the line does not exists
Add secure "1" to the end of the file.

Maybe that works.

GL

Ramon
Old 02-06-2007 , 14:15   Re: [HELP] VAC Secure Listenserver (Yes its possible), but...

Thanks Ramono, that was the first thing i tryed. Vac disabled in amxmodx with secure "1" in liblist.gam, even placed in last line. This is a X-FILE lol