12% 

CS2 Linux Dedicated Server

Post New Thread Reply   

hkkelvin1995
Old 12-15-2023 , 06:01   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogiv View Post
Will valve split the dedicated files or make the dedicated standalone like csgo 730/740 apps? Currently downloading the full client/game is the only way to have dedicated server.
Probably yes, right now all the methods to host are just workaround, CS2 Dedicated Server is still not officially supported.
Gogiv
Old 12-20-2023 , 15:30   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #112

What is the most recommended way to AUTO update the server when new update is available? Currently tried to use - autoupdate parameter when launching cs2 dedicated server on linux (debian 12), but without success. I think thag doing it with cronjob every 1 hour for example is not a good/best idea. Do you guys (more experienced server owners) have some recommendations?
Ryan2
Old 12-20-2023 , 17:40   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
What is the most recommended way to AUTO update the server when new update is available? Currently tried to use - autoupdate parameter when launching cs2 dedicated server on linux (debian 12), but without success. I think thag doing it with cronjob every 1 hour for example is not a good/best idea. Do you guys (more experienced server owners) have some recommendations?
You can use the Steam API to check the current version number, based on that you can do as you wish.

https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamA....1&format=json
Gogiv
Old 01-05-2024 , 16:42   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
You can use the Steam API to check the current version number, based on that you can do as you wish.

https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamA....1&format=json
This will be my final option.

Is the -autoupdate option even working on linux on cs2? I tried and did search in forum and google, also different methods, but the server doesn't want to update itself automatically.. Any ideas? It's really annoying to update manually and even when you are not on pc.
Ryan2
Old 01-05-2024 , 22:32   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
This will be my final option.

Is the -autoupdate option even working on linux on cs2? I tried and did search in forum and google, also different methods, but the server doesn't want to update itself automatically.. Any ideas? It's really annoying to update manually and even when you are not on pc.
Dug into this some more and came across a plugin:

https://github.com/dran1x/CS2-AutoUpdater

Maybe you can use the plugin or try the suggestion
Quote:
Important

It is required for the server to have hibernation disabled: sv_hibernate_when_empty set to false.
Gogiv
Old 01-06-2024 , 08:39   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #116

Yup, I reviewed everything on the Internet.

Currently trying to figure out if there is autoupdate parameter since we are launching the server from cs2.sh and on csgo was with srcds_run script which has autoupdate in the script.
Currently I am spawning a server(s) when needed only (5v5 like faceit/esea), so my idea is to be auto updated on start or when they are empty. I will share more information if I find solutions.
Wizzardoff
Old 02-07-2024 , 15:19   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #117

I would like to combine workshop and official maps but i dont find official maps in cs2 workshops. Any solution to combine some official maps and workshop in end map voting menu?
CaseyWalker
Old 03-13-2024 , 06:13   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #118

Reminds me of the time I tried hosting one for my gaming group. It was a bit daunting at first, but with some online tutorials and a few tweaks, we got it up and running smoothly. By the way, if you're looking to enhance your CS2 experience, I stumbled upon some neat boosting services at https://boosteria.org/cs2-boosting/prices. They really helped me up my game and enjoy CS2 even more.

Last edited by CaseyWalker; 03-18-2024 at 12:05.
Onaj
Old 03-13-2024 , 06:34   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzardoff View Post
I would like to combine workshop and official maps but i dont find official maps in cs2 workshops. Any solution to combine some official maps and workshop in end map voting menu?
Tried just about everything my imagination AI/Internet could muzzle up. But no luck so far.
So our Clan Nights are stuck with non standard CS2 Workshop maps. Luckily there are many good maps already, but the clan members miss the standard maps.
So I have to step in a play DJ Mapstro and manually changelevel to std. CS2 maps ones in a while.