[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2012 , 12:51   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by josko View Post
Ah, I think I understand now, the cvar sm_resize_joinstatus was 0 before, now thats it 1 it should make so everyone who join becomes resized on server start too and not only on map changes. Only problem though is with multiplay gameservers, they don't have ftp access yet, so I have to upload every file I change and that takes like 12+ hours >.<
I would switch providers... I use branzone on one of my servers the rest are on a dedicated box.
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2012 , 13:05   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
With the TF2 Beta update today, the Resize plugin works now!
That's great news CuriousG, thanks!

Quote:
I wrote sm_show_activity 5, hope that does it!

EDIT:

I don't know how sm_show_activity works, but it still shows that an admin resized a certain player, or does it just say that for me? In that case it's okay
// Specifies how admin activity should be relayed to users. Add up the values
// below to get the functionality you want.
// 1: Show admin activity to non-admins anonymously.
// 2: If 1 is specified, admin names will be shown.
// 4: Show admin activity to admins anonymously.
// 8: If 4 is specified, admin names will be shown.
// 16: Always show admin names to root users.

So 5 = 1+4 of the options above. Use a value which doesn't include 1 or 2 to hide activity from non-admins.

Quote:
The commands:

sm_resize_joinstatus 1
sm_resize_damage 0
sm_resize_voices 0
sm_resize_defaultresize 0.7

Only work on map change. If the server has restarted it will be normal. Why is that? How can I change that? I have all those commands in my server.cfg, it should make all players who join on server start size of 0.7, but these commands only executes when a map changes...

Edit2:

Ah, I think I understand now, the cvar sm_resize_joinstatus was 0 before, now thats it 1 it should make so everyone who join becomes resized on server start too and not only on map changes. Only problem though is with multiplay gameservers, they don't have ftp access yet, so I have to upload every file I change and that takes like 12+ hours >.<
Everything works fine, and, like you say, 1 will make newly joined players resized (or 2 for just admins).
Old 08-28-2012 , 15:17   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #103

11530, any idea why overrides don't work as expected? Players are still unable to use the !resize command.
josko
Old 08-28-2012 , 15:47   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #104

Hey 11530, any chance that you'll make an option so health will scale with bigger size? It's silly to be giant and die by someone who is normal size
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2012 , 17:32   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotzombie View Post
Code:
Overrides
{
	"sm_resizeme"		""
	"sm_scaleme"		""
}
in admin_overrides.cfg still says "You do not have access to this command".
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotzombie View Post
11530, any idea why overrides don't work as expected? Players are still unable to use the !resize command.
As for the first set of overrides, I don't know why 1) You'd try to override public commands to make them public still and 2) Why the above wouldn't work anyway.

Taking your second question into account, it seems you cannot override any command, so you must be doing something wrong your end, as I have no problems overriding !resize (I don't override !resizeme). There is also no code within any of the functions which block access - all access is done via the defaults and SourceMod overrides. Feel free to post your override config, but the problem may lie elsewhere.

Quote:
Hey 11530, any chance that you'll make an option so health will scale with bigger size? It's silly to be giant and die by someone who is normal size
I was attempting to change the health using the m_iHealth/MaxHealth netprops but nothing seemed to change. I'll have to look deeper into it.

For the moment, the damage cvar will at least bias fighting towards the bigger guys

Last edited by 11530; 08-28-2012 at 17:34.
island55
Old 08-28-2012 , 18:07   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #106

is there any way to only allow admins to be able to resize themselves and/or other players? i dont want everyone able to resize themselves, just admins
robotzombie
Old 08-28-2012 , 19:00   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
As for the first set of overrides, I don't know why 1) You'd try to override public commands to make them public still and 2) Why the above wouldn't work anyway.

Taking your second question into account, it seems you cannot override any command, so you must be doing something wrong your end, as I have no problems overriding !resize (I don't override !resizeme). There is also no code within any of the functions which block access - all access is done via the defaults and SourceMod overrides. Feel free to post your override config, but the problem may lie elsewhere.
My overrides config was as posted, I have other plugins that add !rtd and !robot and they both work fine, !resize worked fine at 1.0.0. The hook for !resize always reports that the player doesn't have access to the command, but it works fine when I login and have root (z) flags or use sm_resize from my console or rcon. All of my config files for sourcemod are default, apart from one admin entry in admins.cfg and the overrides changes I posted before but have now removed.

If I roll back to the original 1.0.0 I have downloaded, it works fine. As soon as I put in the new version, players are unable to use !resize again.

The sm_resizeme and sm_scaleme commands work fine for players, but the sm_resize and sm_scale commands don't. The non-working commands are flagged as ADMFLAG_CHEATS, would this affect it? Just did a clean install of SourceMod with same problem happening.

Last edited by robotzombie; 08-29-2012 at 05:32.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 08-28-2012 , 19:47   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post
is there any way to only allow admins to be able to resize themselves and/or other players? i dont want everyone able to resize themselves, just admins
Code:
Overrides
{
"sm_resize" "f"
"sm_resizeme" "f"
"sm_scale" "f"
"sm_scaleme" "f"
}
Put that in admin_overrides.cfg exactly how it is. You can change the flags to something else though.

Last edited by Sreaper; 08-28-2012 at 19:48.
island55
Old 08-28-2012 , 23:55   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Code:
Overrides
{
"sm_resize" "f"
"sm_resizeme" "f"
"sm_scale" "f"
"sm_scaleme" "f"
}
Put that in admin_overrides.cfg exactly how it is. You can change the flags to something else though.

greatly appreciated!!!!! and to the maker - greatest plugin ever
speratus
Old 08-29-2012 , 08:55   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #110

Does this plugin works with csgo