Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-11-2010 , 13:22   Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #1

For the people that don't read the change logs, Valve blocked loading of unsigned plugins on clients that are not started with the -insecure launch option.

This affects the Orange Box engine as a whole. CS:S, TF2, etc, as well as L4D2 now.

This is not a bug in either Metamod:Source or SourceMod, it cannot be patched by the developers.

The best way to fix this is just to install the Source Dedicated Server (there are plenty of guides around) and stop using the in-game Create Server option.

Last edited by psychonic; 12-12-2010 at 14:49. Reason: added l4d2 to list of games with the block
predaaator
Old 09-13-2010 , 12:03   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #2

it's work, everything fine right now ;) THX!!
Citrixlemon
Old 09-15-2010 , 11:23   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #3

What exactly is the point of this. It's annoying because I used a listen server to test stuff locally because I don't always have access to a dedicated server. I have heard rumors of Sourcemod exploits when you run it locally and then play on another server. Is this designed to stop that? I'm fine using -insecure to run Sourcemod but I'd like to know the reasoning behind the change.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2010 , 17:26   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrixlemon View Post
What exactly is the point of this. It's annoying because I used a listen server to test stuff locally because I don't always have access to a dedicated server. I have heard rumors of Sourcemod exploits when you run it locally and then play on another server. Is this designed to stop that? I'm fine using -insecure to run Sourcemod but I'd like to know the reasoning behind the change.
Learn to use google you can run the dedicated server on your local comp...
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?t=17875

that is the first link on google.....
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2010 , 21:40   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrixlemon View Post
That's exactly the point. People were using client-side plugins to cheat or take over the server.
step
Old 10-04-2010 , 06:52   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #6

I added -insecure but it crashes when I start a CS:S listen server with Metamod. Any idea why?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2010 , 07:45   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by step View Post
I added -insecure but it crashes when I start a CS:S listen server with Metamod. Any idea why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick4283 View Post
Learn to use google you can run the dedicated server on your local comp...
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?t=17875

that is the first link on google.....

*I had notice one thing when I test new custom maps with lot of bots
- When try "performance test map" with bots in listen server, it take lot of CPU resource and fps drops a lot.
- But test maps using srcds and join play do the test, it's totally different and it not burden CPU that much

It's maybe something to do bots AI
step
Old 10-04-2010 , 07:54   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #8

Well, the listen server crashes right at the start, so it's not performance related. I know I can use srcds, but I need to run sourcemod on the client to test some stuff. The point is: isn't Metamod supposed to work with -insecure?
acti0n
Old 10-09-2010 , 09:38   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #9

its bad... im usually use sm and smm in listen css version 34 server in local game, but in new css its not support? i right understand??
Send a message via ICQ to acti0n Send a message via Skype™ to acti0n
step
Old 10-14-2010 , 19:47   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #10

Will this be fixed?