Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2010 , 21:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #41

The plugin turns off if the amount of players goes over the cvar value of l4dl1d_players.

If you anticipate more players, set the value higher.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-13-2010 , 22:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #42

This is very interesting now in that in setting the number to 4 I'm no longer getting server crashes. About five people who connected instantly disconnected, though - so I'm not sure whether that is part of the problem or if they just didn't like my server motd.

I'll keep playtesting it, but I do still see that when a new player joins, it still causes the bots to respawn as before. Is this not something that happens on your server?
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2010 , 15:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #43

I don't have a server for players to join in and test out the plugin, so I can't really tell. I run both a local server and a temporary dedicated server to test my plugins.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-14-2010 , 16:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #44

I'm really surprised that nobody else has had this issue, but I guess they're not using it on an open dedicated server as I am.

Grr.

Seems like my best option is using the cvar sb_hold_position 1, and then just ... going on alone. When a new player joins, they start out in spawn, or, if the bots get killed, in a closet.

I guess it might make things a little confusing for them, wondering why the bots are just standing there, plus I have to use a command to kill them all when we get to the saferoom...

If you get a chance to run a dedicated server that allows random connections, you should try this plugin out and see what happens when someone joins after the bots are kicked. I'd be interested to know if you get the same problems, and whether or not there is a way around them. Thanks for all the replies.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-14-2010 , 20:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #45

New development. This happens when I host on a dedicated server:

If I only use director_no_survivor_bots1, bots respawn when a new player joins and if players start out as dead, the server crashes.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 0 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4dl1d_players 1), same thing.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 0 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4dl1d_players 4), bots respawn when new a player joins, but the server does not crash if they start out as dead.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 1 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4d1d_players 4), bots do not respawn when a new player joins, but the server does crash if they start out as dead.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-14-2010 at 21:03.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-14-2010 , 20:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #46

This happens when I host on a local server:

If I only use director_no_survivor_bots1, bots respawn when a new player joins and if players start out as dead, the server crashes.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 0 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4dl1d_players 1), same thing.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 0 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4dl1d_players 4), same thing.

If I set director_no_survivor_bots to 1 and use this plugin (l4dl1d_kick_bots 1, l4d1d_players 4), bots do not respawn when a new player joins, but the server does crash if they start out as dead.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-14-2010 at 21:04.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-14-2010 , 20:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #47

I just don't think I'm going to be able to get L4D2 to do what I want it to. L4D was so much better with this. Valve really screwed something up that nobody apart from me seems would ever care about.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-14-2010 at 21:04.
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-24-2010 , 14:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #48

I managed to get my problems worked out by writing my own plugin that makes bots die quickly and then prevents them from being rescued.

But I still like this, and it's pretty much necessary for me. I have a few suggestions, though - and if they're not something you're interested in doing, I might try modifying it myself.

1. An option to break free by simply holding down one button and seeing a progress bar instead of a random button/button combination
2. An option to help yourself out of a ledge grab (plus a separate timer/delay)
3. An option to help yourself off the grounb (plus a separate timer/delay)

Cheers!
chinagreenelvis
Old 10-24-2010 , 17:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #49

Here's a version that does it automatically after a certain amount of time (default six seconds), without notifications and without required inputs. Just in case anyone wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (selfescape.sp - 447 views - 11.9 KB)

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-24-2010 at 18:34.
probably2000
Old 09-24-2013 , 00:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left For Dead (1.2)
Reply With Quote #50

Hi,sir,I am using this plugin and its very helpful,thank u very much.but here is another problem hope u can see it.when i play a 8 players coop game ,i always find we were born not in the safe room but somewhere weird in the map . I mean we should stay in saferoom before the game start ,but we always in other place in the map sometimes in bug.So could i ask u to see this problem and help make a plugin that makes sure all players born in saferooom before game start.could u ?thank u anyway.