12% 

[L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RTW

Post New Thread Reply   

biship
Old 01-18-2010 , 11:48   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frus View Post
The number of features does not guage how good a [competitive] plugin is. I can predict that many people will prefer this plugin to those.

That said, this plugin is not nearly finished and done with ;)
Oh no, I agree there are great things in this plugin. Some of those other plugins are great too. The problem lies in that unless you can enable/disable every feature from every mod, you can't run more than one at once. There are features from multiple mods I would like to run, but I am forced to have to choose one mod.

It almost like 4 independant efforts, which could be one super mod, with all the right options. (in a dream world).
GanjaStar
Old 01-18-2010 , 11:48   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #12

finally tanks on every godamn map. one question. should i remove the cvars for tanks spawns at all? and mods like annoying item remover?

its like you ent inside my head and made the mod i dream about

thx for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biship View Post
Very similar to all these plugins. Nice to see some new features they don't have, but its missing still a lot. Looks promising.

http://code.google.com/p/confogl/
http://code.google.com/p/zero-comp-mod/
http://code.google.com/p/crxcomp/

zero comp mod has a lot of the similar features, but you need to restart maps for it to work. im hoping this one doesn't require a restart to implement changes? cant be botherer with restarign every map in pubs, team vs matches. not only comp players use this.

Last edited by GanjaStar; 01-18-2010 at 12:07.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2010 , 12:50   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #13

This great plugin needs a code name. When i tell people "Go look at this <link>, it's a great CW/PCW plugin" they just say aww screw it, it's probably just like CEVO...

Advertise it some more
Frus
Old 01-18-2010 , 13:33   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #14

But it is "just like CEVO", the plugin is being planned for use in upcoming tournaments and other events hosted by CEVO.

If you mean codename as in 'srsmod', then you already have it .
ChillyWI
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:14   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #15

Posted this in the Steam forums, but I'll copy/paste here too:

Quote:
CEVO should really do the following as well:

1. Water slowdown to COOP speeds.
2. !readyup and !pause features.
3. Lock spawn timers to X seconds (I've seen ranges from 15-20 work, so maybe 17?).

The "ghost warping" feature of Zero's comp mod (included in Confogl) is also handy at times, but not really necessary. I've also found that no starting kits works fine and many competitive players are already used to it. Note that the scoring in L4D2 works best when it's rare for teams to make it to the safe rooms.

I honestly can't believe that CEVO didn't include those three items above since they seem to be the least contentious of the competitive changes and really help certain situations.
Just noticed that water slowdown is implemented. They didn't copy that into the OP in the other forums.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:17   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
Why people allways remove them -_- I would like to see these options off by default.
OR - same things will spawn on same places for both teams.

And... Wow this is a nice plugin O_O <-- this is how my eyes looks now
We actually do have a CVAR for that

http://code.google.com/p/srsmod/w/edit/CVARs

srs_remove_enabled 0 and now none of the items will be removed.

Quote:
Oh no, I agree there are great things in this plugin. Some of those other plugins are great too. The problem lies in that unless you can enable/disable every feature from every mod, you can't run more than one at once. There are features from multiple mods I would like to run, but I am forced to have to choose one mod.
Our mod already lets you disable every feature so we're not incompatible with any other mods. We don't even change any in-game CVARs, that's how compatible we are. You could just use the features we do that other mods don't (tanks on every map, common despawns, remove dynamic pills) and not use the other features (chainsaw/gl/ammo removal).

Quote:
It almost like 4 independant efforts, which could be one super mod, with all the right options. (in a dream world).
Indeed, we already have a team of 3 devs, 1 qa and are up for growing. So other people can come join our team and we would welcome them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
finally tanks on every godamn map. one question. should i remove the cvars for tanks spawns at all? and mods like annoying item remover?
Yep you need versus_tank_chance_intro 1.0, versus_tank_chance 1.0, versus_tank_chance_finale 1.0. We aren't overriding any of those CVARs, we still let the director spawn tanks. We just unlock it on every map.

Quote:

zero comp mod has a lot of the similar features, but you need to restart maps for it to work. im hoping this one doesn't require a restart to implement changes? cant be botherer with restarign every map in pubs, team vs matches. not only comp players use this.
Requiring a map restart is the lazy way, only reason it was done that way in the CEVO config was to prevent people from finishing a round and then turning on the Ready-Up mod (which would then let them ready, but only play for 1 round before the map cycles).

Basically you don't need to restart the map for anything except item removal (maybe unprohibit bosses? I'm not positive) which only works at the beginning of the round so you would have to set those CVARs before the map ends or in a config executed during OnMapStart.

If you have a really good reason to want item removal in the middle of a round then let us know (and how it should work when the survivors picked up the items already), we can add that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
This great plugin needs a code name. When i tell people "Go look at this <link>, it's a great CW/PCW plugin" they just say aww screw it, it's probably just like CEVO...

Advertise it some more
It's not just like CEVO, it is part of CEVO. http://code.google.com/p/l4d2-cevo-configs/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
Just noticed that water slowdown is implemented. They didn't copy that into the OP in the other forums.
It's off in CEVO (and defaulted to off in srsmod), so it wasn't mentioned in their announcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI
CEVO should really do the following as well:

1. Water slowdown to COOP speeds.
2. !readyup and !pause features.
3. Lock spawn timers to X seconds (I've seen ranges from 15-20 work, so maybe 17?).

The "ghost warping" feature of Zero's comp mod (included in Confogl) is also handy at times, but not really necessary. I've also found that no starting kits works fine and many competitive players are already used to it. Note that the scoring in L4D2 works best when it's rare for teams to make it to the safe rooms.

I honestly can't believe that CEVO didn't include those three items above since they seem to be the least contentious of the competitive changes and really help certain situations.
1. Water brake has been out for what, 2 weeks? Not enough time to get used to it. People think Hard Rain 4 is a joke, well try it with tanks being able to run around on roofs and throw cars around while also extinguishing themselves anywhere on the map.

2. Already part of CEVO with the Ready Up mod, coincidentally 2/3 of the devs are the same.

3. As Frust said number of features doesn't make a mod better. Quality > quantity.

Last edited by Downtown1; 01-18-2010 at 14:27.
GanjaStar
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Basically you don't need to restart the map for anything except item removal (maybe unprohibit bosses? I'm not positive) which only works at the beginning of the round so you would have to set those CVARs before the map ends or in a config executed during OnMapStart.

i didn't need to restart maps for anything, not even items. no medkits spawned, and items were severley limited. basically almost no pills, a few adrenalines, and much lower throwable rates.one thing though. intro's and finales still only tank or only witch? on hard rain 1 we only had a witch, i thought i did something wrong but tank came on maps 3 and 4 fine. I guess i have to remove the sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_intro 1 and sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_finale 1? the director prefers witches for intros and finales, even if you put the witch chance cvar much lower then then tank chance cvar, at least in my experience.

just askiong if you guys can get both on intros and finales?

great to finaly have seen hard rain become a true versus campaign. and dead center 1 with the tank was hilarious

Last edited by GanjaStar; 01-18-2010 at 14:31.
Frus
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:25   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #18

Yes, still one tank or witch on intros, and one extra tank or witch on finales.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:28   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
i didn't need to restart maps for anyithng. one thing though. intro's and finales still ony tank or only witch? on hard rain 1 we only had a witch, i thought i did something wrong but tank came on mpas 3 and 4 fine.
Director game bug has existed since L4D1, put versus_witch_chance_intro 0 and versus_tank_chance_intro 1 (or the other way around). Director will only spawn in a witch OR a tank, never both on intro maps.
ChillyWI
Old 01-18-2010 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure 1.0 RC1
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
3. As Frust said number of features doesn't make a mod better. Quality > quantity.
Oh, I know and agree with that completely. I just think that whatever the default settings are will be the ones that 99% of servers use, which is a good thing (standardized settings between servers). I just think that starting kits doesn't work all that well with the scoring system in L4D2. My personal opinion, but we'll see what happens when it's put to the test. I am happy that you guys included the cvar for it, though.

I also think HR4 would be one of the hardest maps in the game with both water slowdown and a tank, which is a good thing IMHO. Other maps benefit from the slowdown as well (HR3, DaC1), so I just wish you guys would have turned it on by default.

Like I said, just my opinion. Kudos for great work on this.