Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2018 , 08:59   L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #1

The spitter may be the weakest and the worst infected in this game. Her only ability is a single spit. She usually dies before the spit touches the ground and the spread of the goo is just awful.

The number one cause of getting voted off today is: You're playing the spitter. Seriosly, people are getting votekicked for playing the spitter.

So my question is, what can you do to make this dull infected fun in the game? Something that is doable within sourcemod grounds ofc. I can't think of anything really.

Increase the model size, make her look like Thannos? Make her spit twice? These are the only ideas I've got and it wouldn't make her any better... barely.

Last edited by Visual77; 06-02-2018 at 09:03.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2018 , 09:29   Re: L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #2

Okay so, you know how Super Tanks has a Spitter Tank? How about we do the opposite of that and make a Tank Spitter? Instead of Tank's rock throws acting as a Spitter, why not make the Spitter throw a rock ALONG with the spit? That way, the rock can hit a survivor while also splashing goo on their feet.
Old 06-02-2018 , 12:28   Re: L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
The spitter may be the weakest and the worst infected in this game. Her only ability is a single spit. She usually dies before the spit touches the ground and the spread of the goo is just awful.

The number one cause of getting voted off today is: You're playing the spitter. Seriosly, people are getting votekicked for playing the spitter.

So my question is, what can you do to make this dull infected fun in the game? Something that is doable within sourcemod grounds ofc. I can't think of anything really.

Increase the model size, make her look like Thannos? Make her spit twice? These are the only ideas I've got and it wouldn't make her any better... barely.
from vicious infected plugin...

Spitter:
<*>Acid Swipe
When a Spitter claws a Survivor, they take damage over time.
<*>Sticky Goo
Slows down Survivor when standing in spit.
<*>Supergirl
Temporary invulnerability after Spitter spits.

Also Silvers new plugin that allows the spitter to move while spitting...I agree the spitter is kinda weak...Maybe add biling players when the spitters spit explodes on the ground near them? or make a new spitter ability that allows you to go invisible/transparent for a brief period of time?
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2018 , 17:32   Re: L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #4

Spitter is weak? I believe it’s the complete opposite of it. Spitter is a complementary SI. While going solo it hardly does any damage. Spitting properly with a charger, hunter or a boomer can result in one spit incap.

It’s not the SI, but the way it’s used that gives them strength.
Old 06-03-2018 , 01:37   Re: L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Okay so, you know how Super Tanks has a Spitter Tank? How about we do the opposite of that and make a Tank Spitter? Instead of Tank's rock throws acting as a Spitter, why not make the Spitter throw a rock ALONG with the spit? That way, the rock can hit a survivor while also splashing goo on their feet.
Yes and no... What I want is something brand new. I don't want to replicate already existing abilities and give it to another SI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
from vicious infected plugin...

Spitter:
<*>Acid Swipe
When a Spitter claws a Survivor, they take damage over time.
<*>Sticky Goo
Slows down Survivor when standing in spit.
<*>Supergirl
Temporary invulnerability after Spitter spits.

Also Silvers new plugin that allows the spitter to move while spitting...I agree the spitter is kinda weak...Maybe add biling players when the spitters spit explodes on the ground near them? or make a new spitter ability that allows you to go invisible/transparent for a brief period of time?
Acid swipe is ok but it doesn't bring anything new to the game. Sticky goo sounds terrible. Supergirl I've had for like 7 years and the spitter-move plugin was added recently or before its official release.

Now, the invisible, transparent mode, that's a new idea I could work on. What about that + being able to slide on your own spit? And maybe the spitter should be able to possess the soul of a survivor, rip the soul out by pressing the magic button? Collect two survivor rag dolls within 1 minute and get a super-power? We need new ideas people, this game is getting boring and the community is leaving it faster than you can say alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Spitter is weak? I believe it’s the complete opposite of it. Spitter is a complementary SI. While going solo it hardly does any damage. Spitting properly with a charger, hunter or a boomer can result in one spit incap.

It’s not the SI, but the way it’s used that gives them strength.
You're obviously that one vanilla guy in the room In certain places, the spitter is good, but on open maps, it can't do anything right lol.

Last edited by Visual77; 06-03-2018 at 01:49.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2018 , 04:39   Re: L4D2 Make the spitter more fearsome
Reply With Quote #6

You got me completely wrong here. I’m all in for modding stuff, but at the same time Chargers and spitters are the most used classes on my regular server.

Godframes + spitter is the deadliest combination. Hunter and jockey are the ones that I would rather try to balance.