Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Item Drop

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-02-2012 , 13:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #11

Ok so i need some help with this, yours seems to be the only working version. Plugin works great. The problem i'm having is this, my server contains the knife & riotshield, everything in that aspect works 100%, however. When I drop the knife or riotshield with this plugin, it causes me to drop a pair of hunter claws, and I know that has been talked about with knife & riotshield. At one point it was working fine like a yr or 2 ago, I could drop stuff with no hunter claws appearing. Now the interesting thing is, if I pickup another weapon in its place, the knife & riotshield fall to the ground in perfect condition, no hunter claws. So whats the difference between this plugin and actually replacing an item in your inventory with another, effectively dropping it. It must have something to do with the way this plugin drops items, I dunno. Any help would be appreciated...
paul92
Old 01-02-2012 , 19:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #12

Sorry for the OT: @MasterMind420, how in the hell did you add the knife and the riotshield in your server? Can you tell me how?

IT: Happened the same thing in a server i joined... That only happens with those 2 added weapons...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-02-2012 , 19:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #13

Goto Melee in the Saferoom plugin thread, my posts are towards the end, all the info you need is there, if you have trouble you can PM me and I will try to help, it's easy to moderate to setup... yah its a glitch with the knife & riotshield, It seems to be related to the item drop plugin, when you force it to drop it causes the model to change, which strangely enough if you look at the hunter claw script file, it has a reference to the knife in it, i'm trying hard to figure it out, but like i said, if there was a way to modify the item drop plugin to drop items as if your picking something up in its place, it would fix the problem, not really sure how that would work or if its even possible...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 01-02-2012 at 20:04. Reason: Add Text
panxiaohai
Old 01-03-2012 , 19:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Goto Melee in the Saferoom plugin thread, my posts are towards the end, all the info you need is there, if you have trouble you can PM me and I will try to help, it's easy to moderate to setup... yah its a glitch with the knife & riotshield, It seems to be related to the item drop plugin, when you force it to drop it causes the model to change, which strangely enough if you look at the hunter claw script file, it has a reference to the knife in it, i'm trying hard to figure it out, but like i said, if there was a way to modify the item drop plugin to drop items as if your picking something up in its place, it would fix the problem, not really sure how that would work or if its even possible...
Thank you your reply.
When I write the knife and riotshield are not used often, so plugin do not suport them, I have some plugin also deal with knife and riotshield, I will update it soonly, and add some new feature.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-04-2012 , 05:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #15

Ok I have an update on this issue, I found a version that someone posted that uses sdkhooks. It seems the issue is no longer there, even with all custom melee weapons...works good, I can post the file for you if you wanna take a look at it.
panxiaohai
Old 01-06-2012 , 03:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Ok I have an update on this issue, I found a version that someone posted that uses sdkhooks. It seems the issue is no longer there, even with all custom melee weapons...works good, I can post the file for you if you wanna take a look at it.
Thank you , let me study.
Jekyll Grim Payne
Old 04-26-2012 , 15:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #17

It's a really great mod, but please, please, PLEASE make it so that you DON'T drop items when activating flashlight twice! It's extremely annoying, sometimes I simply turn it off accidentally and then quickly turn it on -- and immediately I lose whatever I'm carrying. Plus, there are many players who like to turn flashlight on/off quickly to point at some item or place for other players, and they of course quickly lose everything they have. Please remove activation by flashlight, it's totally unnecessary. We can always bind a different button.

Also, it'd be great if a cooldown of something like 2 seconds was forcefully added after using the command, so that you can't accidentally throw away everything.
l4d2master
Old 07-10-2012 , 15:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #18

It seems this plugins is the only drop plugin for l4d2 that works correctly but i have a small problem. if i have tier 1 weapon in the pistol slot, it will not let me drop them. i am using the weapon variety mod http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=15454 from l4dmaps which puts tier 1 weapons (pumpshotgun/chromeshotgun/smg/silencedsmg/mp5smg) in the pistol slot and melee weapons (including chainsaw) in the grenade slot. plus puts defibrillator/weapon upgrades (incendiary/explosive ammo packs) in the pills/adrenaline slot. can you fix it so that it will drop the weapon wether or not it is in it's appropiate slot.
DimanX
Old 08-04-2012 , 17:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #19

How to change the button?
BrockLesnar05
Old 08-04-2012 , 23:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Item Drop
Reply With Quote #20

in your autoexec.cfg located in /Left 4 Dead 2/left4dead2/cfg add this line :-

bind "X" "say /drop"

change X to any key you want.