Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start

Post New Thread Reply   

thedudeguy1
Old 06-18-2015 , 15:17   Re: CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start
Reply With Quote #11

What were your CPU specs? The server I'm trying on has two dual core 2Ghz per core processors. I would think it should be able to handle it.
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-18-2015 , 15:23   Re: CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeguy1 View Post
What were your CPU specs? The server I'm trying on has two dual core 2Ghz per core processors. I would think it should be able to handle it.
I believe the current rule of thumb is at least a 3GHz clock speed, multi-core performance is irrelevant as the Source engine is primarily single-threaded.

Regardless of clock speed, that CPU will not be able to run a CS:GO server due to not supporting the required instruction set, no amount of tweaking or configuration will change this.
Old 06-08-2016 , 17:58   Re: CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start
Reply With Quote #13

I have solved my issue. The cause of the crash seems to be the lack of a 64 bit architecture as well as SSE3 and PNE instruction sets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Just as I thought, you don't have sse3, which is required.
I now run my server on an HP Pavilion Elite e9120f which isn't the top of the line or meant for server use but can support my current use just fine. It can run a 128-tick CS:GO server okay but bots come close to the straw that broke the camel's back. Looking at top (the task manager for Linux), I can see that although there is only about 15-25 percent total CPU usage, the CS:GO server process is using up at least 80% of its single-threaded process at all times when bots fill the server. Removing bots and/or running at a tickrate of 64 fixes this.

Since this is no longer an issue I can say a complete list of the people who have my thanks for helping me. These wonderful people consist of Maxximou5, asherkin, and Powerlord. Thanks so much for sticking around to help a clueless newbie and thanks for not treating me as such even if it was outwardly noticeable. Once again, thanks to all and have a nice day.
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-08-2016 , 18:17   Re: CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start
Reply With Quote #14

Thank you for following up. Glad things worked out.
Old 06-08-2016 , 18:32   Re: CS:GO DS Crashes Immediately On Start
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Thank you for following up. Glad things worked out.
Yes, this. It is a valuable resource to follow up, as I wouldn't know if my tidbit was correct.

Thank you again.