12% 

Anti-camp

Post New Thread Reply   

jones ray
Old 08-28-2007 , 06:03   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by -<[PAGC]>- Isias View Post
Yes, that would be a nice idea, as the sense of the beacon would be fulfilled once the person moves and gives up camping. Could you add a Cvar maybe to allow camping after the bomb has been planted? And maybe a text announce. But still, great work, thx.
Hi has the timer been added to this plugin yet?

cheers
hubington
Old 08-28-2007 , 06:08   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #12

I've got an anti camp plugin running from Roger Devil (see: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39695 ) which is really good. It's not desigend for the sourcemod engine, it's a seperate dll and dosn't focus exclusivly on anti-camping, although that aspect of it is quite mature now. I run it on a 20 user server with no noticable ill effects on play, although a source mod version may be more efficient for larger servers, I have to admit ignorance as to the pros and cons of the two methods.

Rather than trying to put you off though I thought you could use the maturity of this plugin to shave a little time of working out features as a number of the likely exceptions have already been included into this.

For example I run it on my Gun Game server where I have the unusual rule of you may only camp if you are on a sniper rifle and this lets me add immunity for those weapons.

If you dont' have a sniper and meet the camping criteria then you get beaconed and every 2 seconds loose some health. In what I think is an odd bug rather than a design feature (but it happens to suit me) when a campers health is less than that which would be slapped of them their health won't drop any more and the console will be filled will alerts that the kill command couldn't be executed, they are however still beaconed until they stop camping or get killed.

Oddly (as I'm usually all for slaying people as a means of behaviour correction) I dont' happen to think campers should recieve a slay as a matter of course as you do get some situations where people get pinned and if you slay them for that they probably won't come back but a bit of a slaping they will usually put up with. I know you could try and code something in for if they are taking or returning fire but I'm quite sure someone would find a way to exploit that and it's more load on the server. What would be nice though was if they were slapped to within an inch of their life for two sucessive rounds that they get slayed in the second round as even with this I end up having to slay the most habitual of campers.

In responce to Moggiex's question 5 though, for the most part it will when they see their health fall away or realise their location has been compramised. However for the most habitual of campers you will I'm afraid require a slay to effect any sort of change in behaviour, but even then they are more likely to just go elsewhere, but atleast you're shot of them.

Hope my comments help and if you want to put any quesions to me feel free.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2007 , 10:39   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones ray View Post
Hi has the timer been added to this plugin yet?

cheers
Nope, I spent last night failing to get the blood trails plugin to work again.

I will add some features to this tonight.
jones ray
Old 08-28-2007 , 15:10   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #14

ok thanks man you rule
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2007 , 23:52   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #15

New Release: Version 0.9

Changes:
  • Added an annoying sound to accompany the beacon
  • Added a cvar to allow camping after the bomb has been planted
  • Added a cvar to allow camping if health is lower than sm_anticamp_low_health_level
  • Added a cvar to control the radius that camping is checked
  • Added a cvar to allow the admin to define the number of total polls
  • Added a cvar to allow an admin to define the number of polls needed
  • Added a cvar to allow the admin to define the polling interval
  • Added a cvar to allow the camping beacon to be forgiven if the player moves
  • Added a cvar to control the sound to play
Note: I forgot to add the punishments so I will be adding those in the next version.
Note 2: I will try to add some documentation tomorrow to explain how all the cvar's work.
jones ray
Old 08-29-2007 , 03:47   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #16

you have been busy, cheers man ill check this when im home
Isias
Old 08-29-2007 , 06:34   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #17

Great update dalto, thank you.
st0kata
Old 08-29-2007 , 15:41   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #18

is it possible to edit it so that when a person camps a message appear to all players (via HUD) with the name of the player his weapon and the bullets (something like PERSON is camping with WEAPON) perhaps appearing after the campermeter reaches 50 % ?

Last edited by st0kata; 08-29-2007 at 15:47.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2007 , 16:23   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0kata View Post
is it possible to edit it so that when a person camps a message appear to all players (via HUD) with the name of the player his weapon and the bullets (something like PERSON is camping with WEAPON) perhaps appearing after the campermeter reaches 50 % ?
Sure, do you think it should be via HUD or chat?
st0kata
Old 08-29-2007 , 18:46   Re: Anti-camp
Reply With Quote #20

well excuse me but i'm not really good when it comes to explaining things about cs . I meant somethin like this <- the position of the text. hope u'll understand me

Last edited by st0kata; 08-29-2007 at 20:14.