Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [L4D2] AWP Steyr Scout Sniper Rifle Damage Boost vs Witch Plugin Request!

Post New Thread Reply   

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-21-2021 , 19:35   [L4D2] AWP Steyr Scout Sniper Rifle Damage Boost vs Witch Plugin Request!
Reply With Quote #1

Is there or can, someone make a plugin that boosts AWP and steyr scout damage vs the Witch in L4D2?

As it is, the damage, even with these 2 weapons damage boosted to 450 (steyr scout) 585 (AWP) it takes more than 20 shots to kill a Witch. So as u can see the balance isnt there. I need a plugin to correct that, and if there is someone point me to it, please.

thank you!

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 01-31-2021 at 22:02.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-21-2021 , 20:07   Re: [L4D2] AWP Steyr Scout Sniper Rifle Damage Boost vs Witch Plugin Request!
Reply With Quote #2

to Marttt

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=330131

Or know a plugin that achieves this effect against the Witch with steyr scout and awp? basically steyr scout and awp damage is too low against witch even boosted to 450 dmg steyr scout and 585 damage awp they both take 20+ shots to kill a witch in coop. so as u can see the balance isnt there even with those numbers do you know a solution to alter the mitigation values of the witch from game default vs those 2 weapons? Essentially removing / changing the default damage modifier from the witch verse those 2 weapons meaning / example:

awp 585 damage, 1.0 (100%) damage modifier / ratio vs the witch = 585 actual damage vs the witch
awp 585 damage, 0.5 (-50%) damage modifier / ratio vs the witch = 292.5 actual damage vs the witch

u can use these examples in the game cvar code to begin but have it utilize the witch mitigation value vs awp and steyr scout damage in that respect, in effect overriding the current ingame witch damage mitigation value for awp and steyr scout as i dont know the cvar or where abouts on how to change them.

sm_cvar z_non_head_damage_factor_easy 0.5
sm_cvar z_non_head_damage_factor_normal 0.5
sm_cvar z_non_head_damage_factor_hard 0.5
sm_cvar z_non_head_damage_factor_expert 0.5

those commands make all weapons in the game that dont have the instakill function like desert eagle do -50% damage to anything but the head of a common infected. basically if u can make a plugin that does exactly that for the witch, overriding the witches current mitigation / damage factor and utilizing cvars like that but only for the witch vs awp and steyr scout damage ratio, that would be swell.

please, let me know if u can do this like how u did the m60 plugin. u did, 10/10 on that one, u fixed that problem for me so easily back there, props! <3

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=330085

if that guy cant do it like how he did the m60 plugin a few days ago let me know if someone else here can. right now im voting for him cause hes pro, he did the m60 one so easily and quickly it wasnt even funny - now my m60 is fully armed and operational like a star wars movie and is completely balanced, tier 2 weapon style. it no longer instakills common infected and i can alter its damage output 100% with no other hidden bonus factor in the way. GG in that regard, props! <3

thanks!

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 01-21-2021 at 20:08.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2021 , 08:34   Re: [L4D2] AWP Steyr Scout Sniper Rifle Damage Boost vs Witch Plugin Request!
Reply With Quote #3

Well, I did some tests and seems that the damage is applying correctly in my local server.

Code:
Case 1: (vanilla game)

AWP damage: 115
Witch health: 1000
Difficulty: expert
Damage Factor: -50%

Math:
115 * 0.5 = 57,5 (damage rounds to 57)
It takes 18 shots to kill the witch.
Code:
Case 2: (your example, using vanilla values for unknown setups)
AWP damage: 585
Witch health: 1000
Difficulty: expert
Damage Factor: -50%

Math:
585 * 0.5 = 292,5 (damage rounds to 292)
It takes 4 shots to kill the witch.
Maybe you have other plugin messing with the damage.

Also do 2 checks, if you have the mission/weapon editor plugin type:

sm_info_weapons_list in console and check if is appearing this:

Code:
weapon_sniper_awp
... Damage 585
If not then check if you didn't add the weapon changes to the "commented" section.

There is a lot of reports about people changing the "l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg" file but they forget that Silvers left all commented out.

You can check that by opening it through notepad++ and changing to some language like c++

You will notice that there is a lot of coloured lines (usually green in a third party software or orange in the forum).

Post example:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=117

Last edited by Marttt; 01-23-2021 at 08:35.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-24-2021 , 15:53   Re: [L4D2] AWP Steyr Scout Sniper Rifle Damage Boost vs Witch Plugin Request!
Reply With Quote #4

Thank you very much once again. thats 2 birds u killed with 1 stone! it was an old plugin weaponunlock that was causing the confliction i removed that and edited the damage for steyr scout and awp to 565 awp and 450 steyr scout and witch died pretty fast - like it didnt take 18 or so shots like u said. good work!