Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Unscrambler

Post New Thread Reply   

ChillyWI
Old 01-05-2009 , 23:16   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #61

One possible addition that would be extremely useful would be /sm_unscramble_saveteams and /sm_unscramble_loadteams commands. This would allow you to record the current teams, change to a completely different campaign, and reset the teams to what they were. We often balance teams and then completely reload the map because of people screwing around while we balance. If we could save and reload the teams it'd be a really cool extra feature.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2009 , 01:56   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #62

Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet.. whenever I have scrims I reset the level and then we have to redo the teams after that.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-06-2009 , 02:18   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #63

You can do "callvote restartgame" in your console. In versus, it'll swap the teams and restart the round. If you're doing a scrim, get everyone in, pick the teams, then do the vote.
ChillyWI
Old 01-07-2009 , 11:50   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
You can do "callvote restartgame" in your console. In versus, it'll swap the teams and restart the round. If you're doing a scrim, get everyone in, pick the teams, then do the vote.
Doesn't work if the stage changes or if you switch to a different map. For example, we often set up teams on No Mercy and then decide to play Blood Harvest. Just saying it'd be nice. If you don't want to implement it that's fine... we can keep doing it manually.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-07-2009 , 22:13   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #65

So just pick the map before you pick the teams so you can do the vote, heh.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2009 , 15:35   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
I've tried doing that before, if you already beat a round and then restart the game I think it will switch to the next map after one team wins... not good skipping a round.
Earl_CG
Old 01-09-2009 , 07:36   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #67

Thanks for the plugin - been using it for a couple of weeks now and it's solved the problem beautifully
Old 01-13-2009 , 13:24   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #68

I was wondering.. why aren't you just hooking "map_transition" and "player_transitioned"? I am using this by saving the teams on map transition, and fix each player individually when they finish transitioning!

No messy workarounds to check if players changed team themselves.

Kind regards,

Matthias Vance
Fyren
Old 01-13-2009 , 19:56   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #69

map_transitioned would have the same problem as my original strategy to store teams whenever someone swapped. The problem was after the second half of a map, some servers would swap teams an extra time (so the first team who played survivors ended up on survivors again before the map swapped). I wasn't interested in figuring out why or when mystery swappage occured on other peoples' servers.

Using player_transitioned could work and might make the code simpler, but it'd have its own share of ugliness: players who join mid-load won't get a transitioned event (so I'll still need to scan a team to find a swapee sometimes, so I still need to keep/generate status info) and I still can't guarantee I fix a player's team when player_transitioned for him (since I can't empty the survivor team ever). player_transitioned might have been a better design decision, but it's too late now and I hope this week there'll be no more need to run this plugin at all.
Matthias Vance
Old 01-14-2009 , 06:20   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #70

Thank you very much for the clarification! I wasn't aware that they could also be swapped in mid-game, I suppose this will fire a round-start event or something, but well .. your plugin works like a charm, and I indeed hope that they will patch this issue very soon!

Kind regards,

Matthias Vance