Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Solved about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird

Post New Thread Reply   

zkfpk6
Old 09-30-2017 , 02:28   about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #1

i precache 13 .mdl files in a skin plugin
and i got a crash message on the dyd_bhop(when i load the skin plugin)

i search about it, and i know i must reduce precache .wav/.mdl/.spr, so, i delete 4 .mdl and 3 .wav precache code line, and disable a plugin called "cmdmenu.amxx"(at least 15+ .wav).
B U T!
still crash!!!and same reason!!!
when i change other map which is more and more .mdl line in .res files than this map, it's NOT CRASH?!?!WTF?
i must reduce precache .mdl only? but i really cant do this, i only precache 2 .mdl in other plugins

plz help

Last edited by zkfpk6; 10-15-2017 at 20:48.
zkfpk6
Old 09-30-2017 , 03:16   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #2

i try to connect my server with a new clean cs client, only download these resource(without map resource),
too much? i feel not.
TheSpaniard
Old 09-30-2017 , 03:35   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkfpk6 View Post
i precache 13 .mdl files in a skin plugin
and i got a crash message on the dyd_bhop(when i load the skin plugin)

i search about it, and i know i must reduce precache .wav/.mdl/.spr, so, i delete 4 .mdl and 3 .wav precache code line, and disable a plugin called "cmdmenu.amxx"(at least 15+ .wav).
B U T!
still crash!!!and same reason!!!
when i change other map which is more and more .mdl line in .res files than this map, it's NOT CRASH?!?!WTF?
i must reduce precache .mdl only? but i really cant do this, i only precache 2 .mdl in other plugins

plz help
Learn To Search Go Here
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2017 , 03:36   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkfpk6 View Post
Brush models are also counted. Some maps have about 300 brush models.
Old 09-30-2017 , 04:39   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpaniard View Post
Learn To Search Go Here
trust me, i already searched again and again, all they told me is to reduce precache. like i said, dont work.
DjSoftero
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2017 , 04:46   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #6

you can use this:
Spoiler

to see how much files are precached. link https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=71193
Old 09-30-2017 , 11:54   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSoftero View Post
you can use this:
Spoiler

to see how much files are precached. link https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=71193
tk u bro, i try this but it seems not log complete, i cant find my mdl in the log file. and when i crash, only log 405 precache.
by the way, can i reduce the default cstrike precache? my server is only kz, so dont need too much precache.
DjSoftero
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2017 , 12:56   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #8

you can use this: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4165 to unprecache some junk files. the sounds will play as they should. because client has them downloaded.

as for the precache counter, it`s not 100% accurate.
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2017 , 08:00   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
you can use this: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4165 to unprecache some junk files. the sounds will play as they should. because client has them downloaded.

I made something a bit simillar for my game servers, but unlike this 1, it reads from an ini file. Basicall it checks the mapname and looks for the ini file inside the unprecache folder and if it's found, it will start un-precaching the resources. For his needs i guess this un-precacher is more than good.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-03-2017 , 15:17   Re: about precache 512limit, please help me, really weird
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:

Fakemeta hooks are not triggered by plugin calls. What I mean is that if a plugin precaches something FM_PrecacheModel will not be called.
To fix that you have to hook pfnPrecacheModel with orpheu instead of fakemeta.