Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it

Post New Thread Reply   

Ark_Procession
Old 12-18-2020 , 10:24   How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #1

i was wondering if you guys will know a way to load a plugin for a specific map but disable it for the prefix..

example:

i have a plugins-cs.ini that disables exampleplugin.amxx in prefix "cs_*"

meaning that every cs_* map will not load that plugin.

but i want to load exampleplugin.amxx on a specific cs_ map only.

i can't find a way to do that.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2020 , 16:28   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #2

amxmodx/configs/maps/plugins-map_name.ini:
plugin_name.amxx

Last edited by OciXCrom; 12-18-2020 at 16:30.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Ark_Procession
Old 12-18-2020 , 17:01   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
amxmodx/configs/maps/plugins-map_name.ini:
plugin_name.amxx
hi man, thanks for the answer

thats exactly what i do, but i have a "plugins-cs.ini" deactivating plugins and i want for example: "cs_arabstreets.bsp" to activate a plugin that "plugins-cs.ini" deactivates.

but plugins-cs.ini overrides all CS Maps.
Th3822
Old 12-18-2020 , 20:38   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Procession View Post
hi man, thanks for the answer

thats exactly what i do, but i have a "plugins-cs.ini" deactivating plugins and i want for example: "cs_arabstreets.bsp" to activate a plugin that "plugins-cs.ini" deactivates.

but plugins-cs.ini overrides all CS Maps.
The only way is using a plugins file for the whole map, it overrides the plugins-cs one

copy plugins-cs.ini, rename that copy to plugins-cs_arabstreets.ini, open it with a text editor, and remove the "disabledPlugin.amxx disabled" line
Ark_Procession
Old 12-18-2020 , 21:13   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3822 View Post
The only way is using a plugins file for the whole map, it overrides the plugins-cs one

copy plugins-cs.ini, rename that copy to plugins-cs_arabstreets.ini, open it with a text editor, and remove the "disabledPlugin.amxx disabled" line
wouldn't that just make the cs prefix file take over cs_Arabstreets regarding the plugin i just removed?

im pretty sure the plugin would be deactivated by the cs file. but ill give it a try instead of making assumptions.

anyway i managed to find a solution... i just took the time to make a config file for each of my one hundred maps. after all, this way i get more customization than ever.

EDIT: i was right... the plugins-cs takes over the config. since there is nothing in the file for arabstreets ini telling it to activate said " plugin "

the only reasonable way is to create a different config file or use a map chooser plugin which i'm not willing to. i wanted the result in vanilla.

It's weird amx doesn't have a built in function for something this basic!

Last edited by Ark_Procession; 12-18-2020 at 21:18. Reason: i was right
Th3822
Old 12-18-2020 , 21:49   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Procession View Post
wouldn't that just make the cs prefix file take over cs_Arabstreets regarding the plugin i just removed?

im pretty sure the plugin would be deactivated by the cs file. but ill give it a try instead of making assumptions.

anyway i managed to find a solution... i just took the time to make a config file for each of my one hundred maps. after all, this way i get more customization than ever.

EDIT: i was right... the plugins-cs takes over the config. since there is nothing in the file for arabstreets ini telling it to activate said " plugin "

the only reasonable way is to create a different config file or use a map chooser plugin which i'm not willing to. i wanted the result in vanilla.

It's weird amx doesn't have a built in function for something this basic!
Oh, i was wrong, checked it on the wiki: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Configur...ecific_Plugins

you would still need the lots of plugin files, but you can only use the "disabled" line on those maps.ini, as the plugins-cs.ini will be loaded after that one
Ark_Procession
Old 12-19-2020 , 00:10   Re: How to load a specific plugin if a prefix blocks it
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3822 View Post
Oh, i was wrong, checked it on the wiki: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Configur...ecific_Plugins

you would still need the lots of plugin files, but you can only use the "disabled" line on those maps.ini, as the plugins-cs.ini will be loaded after that one
yeah, i'll just use specific maps ini and not prefix ini

thanks for the help