Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Item Buy System

Post New Thread Reply   

GrossKopf
Old 07-12-2009 , 23:34   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #101

Oh, and any chance you'll be adding the ability for SI's to spawn groups of regular infected, mobs and a panic event? I think these would be great things for the SI's.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 00:07   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
Oh, and any chance you'll be adding the ability for SI's to spawn groups of regular infected, mobs and a panic event? I think these would be great things for the SI's.
I think those are good ideas. I'll add those to a page 2 right now.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 00:51   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #103

Ok, I created a new version with the ability for infected to spawn mobs and panic events. I should be released (check the original post) in a few minutes. I decided not to put infected groups in, because, one, they don't really help the infected team, and, two, spawning them in auto would probably cause them to go to a place that you don't want them to, and if auto was taken off, then they could spawn in the safe room.

Also, here is a friendly tip: if you ever put in a new version of any plug-in on your server (not just mine), you might want to delete the old cfg file so a new one can be made.
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 08:56   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #104

Argh... seems there's a problem with the forums right now. I can't get the compiled version. It just sits there trying and trying with no luck.
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 09:41   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #105

You know what would be really sweet? If you could add Survivor Upgrades to the list of things that could be bought!:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95365
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 09:43   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #106

Sorry for the multiple posts.

What is this? "points_advertising_remind" I'm not sure I understand about reminding "the players how to get their number keys to properly work"?
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 12:41   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #107

While I'm multiposting, this should really be in approved plugins. It kicks butt.

...and I came up with another suggestion for the mod... a flag that gives a player extra points. ie: Someone connects and has the sm_kick access, they get an admin defined multiplier in points (Maybe an admin makes it so they get 1.1x the points, or whatever).
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 13:36   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
You know what would be really sweet? If you could add Survivor Upgrades to the list of things that could be bought!:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95365
I was thinking about that too, and it shouldn't be too difficult. I would just need permission.

Quote:
Sorry for the multiple posts.

What is this? "points_advertising_remind" I'm not sure I understand about reminding "the players how to get their number keys to properly work"?
Some players have problems with their number keys because the numbers 6 to 0 aren't bound to slot6, slot7, and so on. I personally had this problem too, and you can fix it by switching gamepad on and off if you don't know how to bind. The remind thing tells them to do this if they encounter problems.

Quote:
While I'm multiposting, this should really be in approved plugins. It kicks butt.
That's something I am confused about, too. A lot of other plug-ins have been approved, yet this hasn't even been touched by an approver. I don't know if it is because the mod needs to be more popular or something. They also seem quite biased against L4D plugins, since TF2 and CSS plugins get approved near instantly, yet L4D ones are left collecting dust. Porting this to one of those isn't really necessary, since someone already did that.

Quote:
...and I came up with another suggestion for the mod... a flag that gives a player extra points. ie: Someone connects and has the sm_kick access, they get an admin defined multiplier in points (Maybe an admin makes it so they get 1.1x the points, or whatever).
Maybe. But that's kind of overpowering the administrator, don't you think? Unless, of course, you're talking about donators. Then that is reasonable.
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 13:46   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #109

Got some more feedback based on a VS match I just played:

• I have -1 as the cost for Boomer, Hunter and Smoker, but they still show up on the menu (as cost 0). Is there a way to remove what isn't allowed?
  • Could you have an option to allow the admin to disable the !points and !usepoints output, so when someone uses it, it doesn't show up on screen (kinda like typing 'rank' for HLStatsX)
  • Would it be possible to have a small display on the side of the screen showing your current points?
  • I had one player with over 40 points, but for some reason it wouldn't let him spawn a tank, although I know someone on the other team had done it earlier. When he selected the Tank from the menu, it didn't do anything.
  • Can we get a cvar to set the time that the messages appear on screen that tell you about using the points and how to fix the problem with the 6,7, etc keys?
savagekid
Old 07-13-2009 , 14:25   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #110

You have to set the cost to 1337 to disable the cost (mentioned on first page). I don't think it's a good idea to add that display because it blocks a part of your screen which can be annoying. (Unless you add the options to turn onn or off)

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid