Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anti Bunny Hop

Post New Thread Reply   

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-07-2010 , 02:03   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #11

flawless13, I've looked into the problem for a few minutes only so far. It seems to only occur with awps. I didn't try auto-snipers, but I'll assume it may apply to them as well. It doesn't happen with scouts. I would have never noticed the problem had you not told me, because the server I use doesn't allow awps or auto-snipers.

A temporary solution until I fix it would be to just raise your threshold until it starts working. This will allow a little bhopping, but not too fast of a speed.

I would have fixed this already, but I have company over staying through the weekend. I will get it fixed soon though.

EDIT:
I've fixed the problem with jumping while zoomed with certain weapons.

From my testing, the lowest non-zoomed weapon-specific maximum ground speed for any weapon is 210. This is the speed for an un-zoomed awp and some other weapons. Now, when the plugin determines the weapon-specific maximum ground speed, if it's lower than 210, it sets it to 210. Therefore, if you're zoomed, 210 will be used in the calculation instead of whatever lower number it would have normally used as the weapon-specific maximum ground speed. Now, with the same threshold, you can make an equally fast jump with an un-zoomed awp as you can with a zoomed awp.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 08-07-2010 at 17:38.
flawless13
Old 08-09-2010 , 01:12   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #12

thank you very much
now it's perfect. great job
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2010 , 02:17   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks for the compliment. I'm still trying to think of a proper solution to make it compatible with admins messing with server-wide gravity and individual gravity.
morgunfreeman
Old 11-22-2010 , 00:01   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #14

I used this plugin on "INGLORIOUS BASTARDS" hl2dm server and it has helped a great deal with slowing down bunny-hop and skaters on my site. Most regular players on my server can't speed skate or bunny-hop real fast so this plugin really levels the playing grounds.

Thank you very much!

Morgun Freeman

"INGLORIOUS BASTARDS" HL2DM FST/DL
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-22-2010 , 01:18   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #15

I'm glad to hear it still has a purpose in other games.
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2010 , 14:31   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #16

good and very usefull plugin. KEEP IT UP!!!!

Eurolite
Old 12-07-2010 , 19:17   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #17

anyways to make it so people can bhop but not bhop hack (script)? I only found a anti-bhop script plugin for amx
Computermaker
Old 12-08-2010 , 14:54   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #18

I'm getting this error message when trying to use it on me DOD:S server running windows.

SM] Native "HookEvent" reported: Game event "player_jump" does not exist
L 12/08/2010 - 11:509: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "anti-bunny-hop.smx":
L 12/08/2010 - 11:509: [SM] [0] Line 38, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/3/2/7/5/71333.attach::OnPluginStart()

Any help would be appreceated..
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-08-2010 , 15:12   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #19

In the OP, it says, "I have not tested it in anything but Counter-Strike: Source, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Originally I had this marked as a CS:S plugin, but I changed it to Any after others said it works." I just made this bold.

DOD:S apparently uses a different jump event. CS:S and HL2DM are the games so far reported to work, as they both use "player_jump" for jumps.

The plugin could be made to work simply by replacing "player_jump" with whatever DOD:S's jump event is. I may look into fixing this later, but I don't have DOD:S installed, nor do I play it.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-10-2011 , 16:30   Re: Anti Bunny Hop
Reply With Quote #20

Someone loaded this plugin on a server and it was causing falling issues (jump from a height, instead of progressing forward you fall straight down). This is the hack I came up with (does the same thing as your plugin, just in another way).

If you see an issue with it (I'm using it in production), let me know. If you add a feature, again let me know. Do not let me know if you want me to support this. It's a work around for sv_enablebunnyhopping 0 not functioning.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (AntiBhop.sp - 683 views - 964 Bytes)

Last edited by KyleS; 09-10-2011 at 17:43.