Post New Thread Reply   

Bongholio
Old 03-20-2010 , 23:17   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #21

dual magnums FTW (one can dream)
ne0cha0s
Old 03-21-2010 , 01:10   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #22

i've recently run into another glitch, sometimes when you're hanging off of a ledge and are picked up it takes away your melee weapon. just happened to me

Oshroth
Old 03-21-2010 , 04:22   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0cha0s View Post
i've recently run into another glitch, sometimes when you're hanging off of a ledge and are picked up it takes away your melee weapon. just happened to me
*EDIT* I'm not sure whats causing that glitch because in my debug tests the incap event that replaces your weapons doesn't get called when you are ledge hanging, maybe you get incapped at the same time or something, anyway I'll keep looking into it as best as I can.

Last edited by Oshroth; 03-21-2010 at 12:32.
Oshroth
Old 03-21-2010 , 12:34   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
I found a little bug in your mod, sometimes the mod doesnt work correctly. What i mean by that is that sometimes when your down, it doesnt even give u a secondary weapon(it doesn't equip any secondary weapons when your down, not even a pistol) or it gives you the magnum but u cant shoot or something like that. I'm not 100% sure on whats happening when it doesnt work cuz a few of my game freinds said that so....yea. All that i do know is that sometimes the mod works and other times it doesnt, and if it doesnt work, it leaves u like a sitting duck when your down.
I've fixed that bug and I just need to test and upload 1.3
The bug was caused by me somehow removing code that checks if you were using melee before removing your weapons, I've put the code back in and it works fine
Old 03-21-2010 , 13:23   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
I found a little bug in your mod, sometimes the mod doesnt work correctly. What i mean by that is that sometimes when your down, it doesnt even give u a secondary weapon(it doesn't equip any secondary weapons when your down, not even a pistol) or it gives you the magnum but u cant shoot or something like that. I'm not 100% sure on whats happening when it doesnt work cuz a few of my game freinds said that so....yea. All that i do know is that sometimes the mod works and other times it doesnt, and if it doesnt work, it leaves u like a sitting duck when your down.

the same thing happens here, I have tried all 4 modes. Whenever a survivor is down, the survivor doesn't have anything to shoot or defend himself with. The secondary weapon is missing, not even the default pistol. In my case, its 100% of the time.
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-22-2010 , 07:37   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvius View Post
the same thing happens here, I have tried all 4 modes. Whenever a survivor is down, the survivor doesn't have anything to shoot or defend himself with. The secondary weapon is missing, not even the default pistol. In my case, its 100% of the time.
I have mode 3 on, always give magnum and it works 100% of the time. I didn't hear anybody else complain in the chat. I played for 3 hours yesterday and always got the magnum when incapped.

There is however, one small bug (which in fact doesn't bug me at all ) and that is when you have one pistol as secondary weapon and you get revived from incap, you'll get dual pistols back.

I would like to see an expansion of this plugin, where you can set the secondary weapon at the start of the map, so for example give everybody an axe, or maybe a cvar to set the secondary weapon when you're revived from incap to remove your pistol and give an axe or a sword back. This would work only when you had one pistol before incap and not replace chain saw, axe etc.

Would this be possible? Thanks!
Oshroth
Old 03-22-2010 , 12:00   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #27

It might be possible but at the moment I don't know how to check if a survivor is only holding one pistol. The weapon name is the same for dual and single pistols, so the plugin assumes that you are dual wielding and gives you 2 pistols afterward, even if you only had one pistol.
Old 03-22-2010 , 13:22   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #28

Since I started using this plugin, the effect has been great -- Survivors now have a much better chance getting back to their feet, since downed players are able to provide pretty decent cover. Thanks, and please feel free to contact me if you want help writing plugin descriptions (sent you a PM regarding this).
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-22-2010 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
I have mode 3 on, always give magnum and it works 100% of the time. I didn't hear anybody else complain in the chat. I played for 3 hours yesterday and always got the magnum when incapped.
I take this back, I've seen the strange effect this plugin is causing myself now, it's when you're revivied after incapped, you don't have anything anymore and it looks like you're floating around like a zombie, it's a hilarious view from another players perspective.

It's not a big problem though, because it only happens when people just have one guns as weapon, and that will only be in the first map of dead center.
leonil7
BANNED
Old 03-22-2010 , 19:48   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Magnum 1.2
Reply With Quote #30

how about an SMG instead of a magnum or pistol ?
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7