Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 27/6/2011

Post New Thread Reply   

anonpiss
Old 04-26-2010 , 21:15   Re: [CSS] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #11

Interesting. Since you used to be ES scripter, have you taken a look at ES SpawnProp?

So far all the SM version of prop spawning plugins makes the prop bounces against the wall or floor. But this ES prop spawning doesn't make the prop bounce.

http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/spawnprop
{123}
Old 04-27-2010 , 14:28   Re: [CSS] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #12

-.-Owned Myself-.- How may create props with GetClientAimTarget? You know as?

Last edited by {123}; 04-27-2010 at 15:57.
-.-Owned Myself-.-
Old 04-27-2010 , 18:16   Re: [CSS] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #13

GetClientAimTarget gets the entity the player is looking at. It doesn't actually do what its name implies :O

I tried making the props spawn where the player looked, it did not turn out well when I tried it. I also saw potential for exploitation (spawning props to slow down enemies etc.).

And to answer your question anonpiss, I took a look at that script after you posted it and there's nothing in there that I can use to solve the bouncing problem (except changing the height at which the props spawn.

The Eventscripts versions spawn the props at the userid's location, but I try and replicate the same thing. It may just be a limitation of prop_physics_override.
anonpiss
Old 04-27-2010 , 22:06   Re: [CSS] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #14

Ah, finally there is something that ES can do but not on SM. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, one of the problem about prop is team proping.
Slash The Mighty
Old 05-22-2010 , 07:26   Re: [CSS] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #15

An amazing feature would be if a transparent prop were to appear where you're looking, and then you'd +attack (left click) to spawn it, and +attack2 (right click) to cancel.

This would allow people to build forts and such, rather than the props spawning in walls or just places where they weren't supposed to be.

Edit:

Reading the thread, I see this feature has already been mentioned. Great! 5/5'd the thread for great ideas for further updates.

Last edited by Slash The Mighty; 05-22-2010 at 07:30.
Send a message via AIM to Slash The Mighty Send a message via MSN to Slash The Mighty Send a message via Skype™ to Slash The Mighty
mjmfighter
Old 07-15-2010 , 11:27   Re: [ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #16

Nice plugin, Thanks!

Edit:
A nice feature to this plugin would be paying for props, instead of using credits.

Last edited by mjmfighter; 07-15-2010 at 11:43.
SolidSnake916
Old 08-17-2010 , 00:26   Re: [ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #17

Might you make a cvar so i can disable the credit system, because even while being a admin the credit system is obnoxious.

Last edited by SolidSnake916; 08-17-2010 at 00:48.
Benjamuffin
Old 08-23-2010 , 15:54   Re: [ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #18

Been looking for something like this!

I have a few suggestions though:

1) As previously said, give an option to COMPLETELY disable the whole payment system.
- Some people just want it for themselves on their server as an admin prop spawner, and while there is an admin only feature, it still displays credit messages to players and admins, and uses the payment system.

2) Add a clean up option

- Props can naturally eventually lag and crash servers, and even if there isn't enough to do that, they can block passages and get in the way. A remove all command would be useful.

3) Make the menu stay on after picking something from the list
- It can get tedious to spawn several props at once by going into the menu over and over. This at least needs to be an option.

4) If the plugin is set to admin only, allow spectators to spawn props.
- Admins are (or should be) responsible/trust worthy. Not only that, but some server owners just want it for them, they should be allowed to spawn regardless.

I had a few other little tweaks like the above but canʻt remember any of them.

Other than that however, this is a great plugin, as the standard commands can leave many props stuck at things or in the air!
Old 10-29-2010 , 20:59   Re: [ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #19

This plugin is allowing non-admins to spawn props with the om_prop_public set to 0 or 1.. neither one works...

Also, this plugin needs a 'remove all props' command.
-.-Owned Myself-.-
Old 10-31-2010 , 13:04   Re: [ANY] OM Prop Spawn - Updated 25/4/2010
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamuffin View Post
Been looking for something like this!

I have a few suggestions though:

1) As previously said, give an option to COMPLETELY disable the whole payment system.
- Some people just want it for themselves on their server as an admin prop spawner, and while there is an admin only feature, it still displays credit messages to players and admins, and uses the payment system.

2) Add a clean up option

- Props can naturally eventually lag and crash servers, and even if there isn't enough to do that, they can block passages and get in the way. A remove all command would be useful.

3) Make the menu stay on after picking something from the list
- It can get tedious to spawn several props at once by going into the menu over and over. This at least needs to be an option.

4) If the plugin is set to admin only, allow spectators to spawn props.
- Admins are (or should be) responsible/trust worthy. Not only that, but some server owners just want it for them, they should be allowed to spawn regardless.

I had a few other little tweaks like the above but canʻt remember any of them.

Other than that however, this is a great plugin, as the standard commands can leave many props stuck at things or in the air!
I got the credits to be disabled (bar the price in the menu) however all the messages are now hidden with a simple cvar change. The problem now is the removal of props. I'm finding it a tad bit difficult to get the "targetname" property I set to the prop so I can remove it. It's the last major thing that's been requested and I will then fix/upload the new one when I am done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
This plugin is allowing non-admins to spawn props with the om_prop_public set to 0 or 1.. neither one works...

Also, this plugin needs a 'remove all props' command.
As I've said earlier in this post I have added a feature which should perform this but I am having difficulty in finding specific props which have been spawned (I'm trying to find the targetname which I've set). I've fixed the om_prop_public cvar too.