Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]

Post New Thread Reply   

Anjin
Old 06-29-2015 , 06:05   Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #1

1. What is Zombie Horde?

Zombie Horde was a popular shotgun-centered zombie gameplay mod from CSS that also employed bunnyhopping (but by no means was it necessary); in short, one team start as humans, the other team start as zombies. It differs from other zombie gameplay mods such as Zombie Mod, Zombie Riot and Zombie Escape in the following ways:
  • There is no "infection" or "escape" - teams are evened and Ts always start as zombies; the round is finished when one side kills the other
  • There is no knockback when you shoot a zombie
  • There are no special zombie/human classes or powerups (no throwing knives, super-fast zombies, etc.) The only ability the zombies have is more HP than humans and HP regeneration
  • There are no items such as parachutes, jetpacks, etc.
  • Maps are normal brightness, there is no dark overlay
  • Only headshots damage/kill zombies
  • Ammo is limited - you don't get 9999 ammo (but you do get more than default)
  • There are no freeze grenades (but Molotov/Incendiary grenades do set zombies on fire and slow them down)
  • Team mates are solid - you cannot walk through them
  • No zombie bots - humans play the role of zombies. Teams are swapped after halftime
  • To be an efficient zombie, you need to know how to bunnyhop (bind mousewheeldown to jump), but it is not absolutely necessary (increasing sv_airaccelerate could be useful)
  • To be an efficient human, you need to use the Nova shotgun (or any other shotgun) and desert eagle. Rifles and SMGs are useless when you're playing against jumping and bunnyhopping human zombies and not bots, even if you're a pro
2. How to play Zombie Horde?

Since SourceMod is so flexible, it's possible to get the same Zombie Horde gameplay via using different plugins. I already packed all the required plugins (source code included) and preconfigured everything, including sounds and models, so it should work out of the box, just extract into your gameserver. The recommended tickrate for the server is 128, because it makes bunnyhopping easier and Zombie Horde gameplay more enjoyable for all.

2.1. Zombie Horde sm_skinchooser version

Everything is already preconfigured, but you must use the server variables in README.txt and put them into your cfg/gamemode_casual_server.cfg. Some, such as mp_maxrounds, etc., you can freely edit to your liking. Also edit skins.ini and other sm_skinchooser configs to your liking (to use the default CS:GO models like Phoenix, GIGN, etc, you need to extract the mdl files from the vpks and put them in the models/player directory)

Plugin list:
Code:
sm_skinchooser.smx - Modified skin chooser plugin by Andi67, v2.7
weapon_restrict.smx - Weapon restriction plugin by Dr!fter, v3.1.6
onlyhs.smx - Modified only headshot plugin, original by Bara, v2.0.2
hpregeneration.smx - Modified HP regeneration plugin, original by bl4nk, v1.1.1
zombiesounds.smx - Zombie sound module ripped from ZR
zombiehp.smx - Custom plugin to set zombie HP
burn_slowdown.smx - Modified burn slowdown fix for CS:GO, v1.3
inf_slowdown.smx - Modified inferno slowdown fix for CS:GO, v1.0.1
NVG_Public02.smx - Nightvision goggles for CS:GO by TummieTum, v0.2
CsGoFlashlight.smx - Flashlight for CS:GO by Mitch, v1.3.2
allowlight.smx - Flashlight fix for CS:GO by GoD-Tony, v1.0
drapi_ammo.smx - CS:GO ammo fix by Dr. Api, v1.3.1
grenadegiver.smx - Modified plugin that gives Molotov to CTs on spawn by Franc1sco, v1.0
spawn_noblock_csgo.smx - Spawn noblock by dzej dzej, v1.4
zombiearms.smx - Custom zombie arms plugin
ignite_molotov.smx - Sets zombies on fire when you throw molotov/incendiary
disablezombiepickup.smx - Fixes bug with weapon restrict plugin (probably fixed in latest weapon restrict plugin)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ub...hooser1.04.rar I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THIS FROM MY MEDIAFIRE ACCOUNT SO THIS MOD DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST ANY MORE

Models for your FastDL webserver: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8e...kinchooser.rar

Playing Zombie Horde on CS:GO would be useless if there were no maps made for it. Luckily I ported 19 classic CSS Zombie Horde maps to CS:GO, and 2 ZM maps:

Map list:
Code:
zh_basic_arena_rebuild_v2.bsp
zh_bullfighting_re.bsp
zh_clearzone_rural.bsp
zh_courtyard.bsp
zh_dont_look_down_2_remakev1.bsp
zh_fight_or_die_v2.bsp
zh_grimoffice.bsp (you can play this map on Zombie Riot/Zombie Mod too)
zh_hangemhigh.bsp (you can play this map on Zombie Riot/Zombie Mod too)
zh_labflee2.bsp
zh_multi_toon.bsp
zh_outside_sunny_v2.bsp
zh_platforms.bsp
zh_run_or_die.bsp
zh_slant.bsp
zh_spacestationflee.bsp
zh_stadium_v2.bsp
zh_troopers2.bsp
zh_uhoh.bsp
zh_zombiecrusaders_v2.bsp

zm_4way_tunnel_v2.bsp
zm_eh_palace_final.bsp

Ported/made by others:
zm_lila_panic_csgo.bsp
zm_lila_panic_2012.bsp
zm_unpanic_csgo_pf_v1.bsp
If you want me to port any other map for Zombie Horde, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a...gs0w3/maps.rar

Download link for your FastDL webserver: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1...astdl_maps.rar

4. What needs to be done?

Currently, the zombie HP is set to 788 and regenerates 25 HP every second. This setup seemed to be well balanced and worked well on CSS, but with new weapons and changes in weapon damage and weapon "tagging" in CS:GO, this might not be the case any more, and might need an increase. It certainly felt this way when I tested Zombie Horde against bots and a friend. The only way to find a balanced value is by actually playing Zombie Horde to determine how much it needs an increase. For now, 788 HP seems ok; I also changed sm_cvar mp_tagging_scale to "2" to decrease the tagging.

Last edited by Anjin; 12-10-2020 at 15:05.
poel
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2015 , 08:50   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #2

Hi,

I can't understand this mod, what's the difference betwteen ZOMBIE ESCAPE and ZOMBIE RIOT ?

Btw, can you show me a video from this?

ty

Last edited by poel; 06-29-2015 at 09:15.
Anjin
Old 06-29-2015 , 09:01   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #3

The differences are listed in point 1.

There is no "escape" gameplay - you do not escape from zombies, you fight them. The round ends when one side kills the other.

There is no knockback when you shoot zombies. Only headshots damage/kill zombies. It is 10x harder than Zombie Riot because you play against real players, not bots. You will not be a good CT unless you use a shotgun like Nova, because you will not easily hit jumping/bunnyhopping zombie players in the head with M4A1, Negev, etc. You will not be a good zombie unless you know how to bunnyhop (you can just jump and crouch like crazy too, that works too).

Recommended tickrate for servers is 128, because bunnyhopping is easier and everyone can learn to do it, even complete noobs.

Some very old videos from CSS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj4PxRTICcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxE1HxAjydw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0WIubVtAM

Last edited by Anjin; 06-29-2015 at 09:31.
helpme_please
Old 06-29-2015 , 09:52   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #4

have ... ?
item shop for Human - vs - item shop for zombie ?
Darkness - vs - Grenade light color ?
Anjin
Old 06-29-2015 , 10:10   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #5

Hard to understand, but... There are no item shops, except for the default CT buy menu with weapons. There are no items, no parachutes, no jetpacks, etc.

Maps are normal brightness, not dark, unless a map is made that way (zh_grimoffice...)
Dr. Api
BANNED
Old 06-29-2015 , 13:09   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #6

Nive to see more zombie mod on CS:GO, now we need more skins Can be fun with bunny do you have an ip to play ?
Anjin
Old 06-29-2015 , 13:25   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #7

Not yet. Do you know where I can buy a server? PM me if you do.
poel
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2015 , 13:42   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
The differences are listed in point 1.

There is no "escape" gameplay - you do not escape from zombies, you fight them. The round ends when one side kills the other.

There is no knockback when you shoot zombies. Only headshots damage/kill zombies. It is 10x harder than Zombie Riot because you play against real players, not bots. You will not be a good CT unless you use a shotgun like Nova, because you will not easily hit jumping/bunnyhopping zombie players in the head with M4A1, Negev, etc. You will not be a good zombie unless you know how to bunnyhop (you can just jump and crouch like crazy too, that works too).

Recommended tickrate for servers is 128, because bunnyhopping is easier and everyone can learn to do it, even complete noobs.

Some very old videos from CSS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj4PxRTICcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxE1HxAjydw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0WIubVtAM
Well, its like zombie survival (maps ! zm_...)

But, with bhopping settings.... I will wait a server for that ^^"
Anjin
Old 06-29-2015 , 15:58   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
Well, its like zombie survival (maps ! zm_...)

But, with bhopping settings.... I will wait a server for that ^^"
Well, zh_ maps were quite different from zm_ maps, but zm_lila_panic was one of the most played Zombie Horde maps too!
veli
Old 06-29-2015 , 19:43   Re: Zombie Horde on CS:GO [Official thread]
Reply With Quote #10

I remember this from css. It is humans vs human zombies. When you die than you will not respawn. Human cant respawn too isnt?

Humans have not a real spot for hiding. it is a little bit same as escape but than you can kill zombies easier. A shotgun was very effectief weapon in css version.

But that was 8 years ago i guess.

I will give it a try.

Last edited by veli; 06-29-2015 at 19:44.