Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:S DM No longer working?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mirrors
Old 11-03-2006 , 08:45   CS:S DM No longer working?

I run a dedicated server. Shortly after the release of the new Steam Update, my dedicated server would no longer activate. When I disabled cssdm and metamod by renaming their folders, the server worked fine again. Before this, everything was in perfect working order, plugins and all. I was watching the forums to see if anyone else had reported this, but I'm starting to worry that it just might be me. I only run CSSDM on my server using metamod.

Last edited by Mirrors; 11-03-2006 at 11:26.
LyteFly
Old 11-03-2006 , 09:37   Re: CS:S DM No longer working.

CS updates overwrite your "gameinfo.txt" file that holds the MetaMod command. Therefore MetaMod and any MM plugins will not run. First thing to always check after an update. Put this line back:

GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin
Old 11-03-2006 , 09:43   Re: CS:S DM No longer working.

That line is still there since I change it as a read-only. It's that lousy Dynamic Weapon Pricing that's messing plugins up, isn't it? My friend has reported the same problem but with other plugins.
LyteFly
Old 11-03-2006 , 09:51   Re: CS:S DM No longer working.

hmmmmm...I don't know if changing gameinfo.txt to read-only is a good idea. There could be changes to that file with the CS update you need. Try placing mp_dynamicpricing 0 in your server.cfg. This should turn that off. As DWP was the reason for this update, I think we can assume it is the problem with MODs and Plugins.

And you only run CSSDM? Not even Stripper? Windows or Linux? If you have the ability, take off the read-only on gameinfo.txt and update your server again to ensure you get a clean update. I really don't think CSSDM has a problem with this update. Other MODs, yes...
Old 11-03-2006 , 10:24   Re: CS:S DM No longer working.

I'm running under windows, been reading up on Stripper recently so I may add that to the mix. Also, I was using goremod in the past, but it seems that has been crashing servers lately as well, but I may try a few tweaks to get that working again.

Ok, first thing I tried worked. I set the mp_dyamicpricing to 0 and everything worked like a charm. I hope this can be useful to those not sure what to do. I guess I just overlooked the obvious. Thanks for the help!
LyteFly
Old 11-03-2006 , 10:55   Re: CS:S DM No longer working.

Great, I used GoreMod until a couple of updates ago. I feel it is unstable and don't use it anymore.

LyteFly
Old 11-03-2006 , 11:32   Re: CS:S DM No longer working?

I feel the same way about goremod. I tried a couple tweaks to it, but it was never fully stable, often crashed the server. I wanted it to work for me, but I can do without it. As for stripper mod, have a link?
Closed Thread