Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-11-2008 , 21:08   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is out!

Looking great so far, thanks Basic =).

I wanted to request another way of displaying files that are open. Instead of showing tabs, I'd prefer if the files were put in a bit top-down list on the right hand side of the window. I >always< have a big amount of plugins open for reference, and scrolling through tabs gets tedious.

Another thing is the default indention width is insanely large. It needs to be shortened by half or add an option to adjust the width.

Last edited by OneEyed; 01-11-2008 at 21:14.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2008 , 21:50   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyed View Post
Another thing is the default indention width is insanely large. It needs to be shortened by half or add an option to adjust the width.
Extras [What the hell?] -> Preferences -> Indentation
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-12-2008 , 04:18   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Extras [What the hell?] -> Preferences -> Indentation
That only seems to work after the fact. It doesn't reindent the entire file again after you change it. Probably a bug.
Old 01-17-2008 , 12:06   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is out!

OneEyed, it's not supposed to re-indent the entire thing when you change it, that's what Ctrl+I is for

I've just released Pawn Studio 0.8.2, this version again fixes a few issues and comes with an improved indentation. From now on it supports custom tab sizes, which can be changed in the Settings dialog (Editor -> Indentation). It can now auto-indent your templates as well, you just need to activate that in the settings.
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-17-2008 , 13:20   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

About Tab. It doesn't work as I would like to have..

Is it possible to replace tab with spaces ? I mean, when I use tab key, instead of having a tab of size 4, I would have a tab with 4 spaces. Do you understand ? I've tried to use 'Use string' option in 'Indention style' but it doesn't replace tab with spaces when I use tab key. ( or I don't undertand how to use it )

As I've said above, I would like to have the same ability like notepad++. I really prefer working with spaces instead of real tab since it allows me to customize more easily my presentation of plugins.

So, is there a way to do that ?

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-17-2008 at 13:31.
Basic-Master
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2008 , 14:02   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

Oh, well, this can be added in the next version.

Edit: I've just implemented this feature; the SF downloads page has been updated.

Last edited by Basic-Master; 01-17-2008 at 14:22.
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-17-2008 , 16:35   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

Woot, thanks Basic-Master! The default tabbing is 1000x better thanks.

I'm having trouble custom highlighting my custom keywords that I created. I can't figure it out. In the advanced settings of Language Manager you should allow to connect a style to a custom keyword group.

You fixed the bug with opening more than 10 files. However when I checked the box to reopen saved files, then closed PStudio and re-opened it, it gave me an error.

Bug Report: http://www.soccer-jam.com/bugreport_Jan17.rar

Last edited by OneEyed; 01-17-2008 at 18:23.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2008 , 19:21   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

Not that this is of ANY use to anyone probably, but I want to verify that Pawn Studio is fully functional in both Windows XP Pro 64 as well as Windows Vista 64 platforms. It is not limited to a 32-bit Operating system.

Only reason I mention this:
Code:
32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP)
is/are the operating system(s) it defines, but since it doesn't load drivers, no problems are present. I especially wanted to bring this up to those people who don't understand not everything is as it seems.

Awesome job Basic Master!

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
[kirk]./musick`
Old 01-17-2008 , 21:20   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

This is honestly the most amazing text editor I've ever seen. Very great work, keep it up!
Send a message via AIM to [kirk]./musick`
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-23-2008 , 05:36   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.2 is out!

Quote:
Edit: I've just implemented this feature; the SF downloads page has been updated.
Thanks ! Now, it works like I wanted.

Also, there are some bugs.

First, with profile. If you create a profile, quit program and re-open, you will see 'default' instead my name. Basicaly, there are in the list : { 'default', 'default' }. If you try to add another profile, after re-openning, it's gone. ( EDIT: well, sometimes it's saved, sometimes not, really weird behaviour lol. Same with deleting. There is are really a bug here. )

The second, settings saving seems to not work properly. All related to 'Highlighter' section is not saved after re-openning. I've not tested more deeply. I've just changed font family, and it's not saved afer re-oppening. ( Mostly because there is a bug with profiles )

Sorry to not provide more informations.

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-23-2008 at 05:46.
Closed Thread