Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMX Mod X v 0.20 RC7 help

Post New Thread Reply   

threezeros000
Old 11-15-2004 , 00:30   AMX Mod X v 0.20 RC7 help
Reply With Quote #1

First off, let me start this by saying that I am at my absolute wits' end here. I've been browsing these forums and trying to get this shit to work for several hours now, obviously to no avail.

I'm trying to set up a LAN server with Counter-Strike 1.6 that I can put bots in and run a CSDM mod on, for the sole purpose of screwing around with my friends. I have the whole metamod thing up and running and I successfully installed AMX 0.9.9, but sadly the CSDM shit only works with AMXx. So I installed AMXx 0.16, only to find that it doesn't really work with a listen server. So I installed AMXx 0.20 RC7, and when I run meta list in game it tells me that it can't load the amxmodx_mm.dll file or whatever. I'm hoping that there's some incredibly obvious mistake I'm making here, but I'm sick of going through this crap and still more sick of trying to think coherently. Like I said, I've been through these forums, the CSDM forums (just for the hell of it,) and all the documentation for AMXx 0.16 as well as the update guide for AMXx 0.20 several times and I really can't find anything.

My c:\..\addons\metamod\plugins.ini looks like this:

Quote:
win32 amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_mm.dll
That's it. That's all that's there. Obviously I did the whole liblist.gam thing because metamod.dll is working. The directory for the amxmodx_mm.dll is, indeed correct. What am I missing? I don't have anything written in \..\metamod\config.ini. To be honest, I can't remember if there is a config.ini in metamod. I just made one cause I remembered making more than one .ini file when I installed AMX 0.9.9. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably be coming back for more.
BAILOPAN
Old 11-15-2004 , 06:27  
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
win32 addons\amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_mm.dll
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:43  
Reply With Quote #3

ah. NOW it works. Thank you so much; I know it wasn't that much trouble, but it's pretty great when you can ask for help and get a response from the developer within a day.