Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Rumba
Old 02-11-2008 , 16:54   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
that's like asking "what button do i have to press to control the airplane?". there's a little bit more to it than just setting one cvar - ask a specific question and i can give a specific answer.
best would probably be you show us your serverlist.ini contents and your current CVAR settings.
Look
CVAR settings :
Code:
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 1
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_announce 60
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_show 1
redirect_adminslots 1
redirect_maxadmins 0
redirect_retry 1
redirect_hidedown 1
redirect_countbots 1
redirect_localslots 1
redirect_announce_alivepos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_alivepos_y 0.01
redirect_announce_deadpos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_deadpos_y 0.35
And serverlist.ini :
Code:
[Server adress1]
address=IP
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=0

[Server adress2]
address=IP
port=27015

[Server adress3]
address=IP
port=27015
I dont make publicity
D4ark
Old 02-11-2008 , 17:27   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
socket error 2 means "could not resolve hostname". i'm a bit confused as the serverlist.ini you showed us does not contain any hostnames. did you change something in it since posting them (except nomanual and noauto)?
if you put a hostname instead of an IP after address= make sure that it is correct and can be resolved. maybe you had a typing mistake in it?

No, i havent changed the serverlist.ini since i posted it here, no. Thats what I found it a little bit strange, since I didnt get it in the start, just suddenly began to get the error message

It worked fine, but when i changed the noauto and nomanual, i started getting it... Then i changed the check_method to 0, and had my servers up for half an hour, maybe an hour, and didnt get the message anymore...
Old 02-11-2008 , 19:08   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Rumba:
i think it would help if i knew your server IPs, the problem lies somewhere within that. so for the sake of finding the problem it's ok to post them here. if for some reason you really don't want to show them here leave me a private message with your REAL serverlist.ini and i will see what i can do.
see, often the problem lies in a very small typing error within the serverlist.ini file, even a space at the end of a line can cause major problems. but when people reformat the file before posting it here they sometimes remove these errors without knowing it. i am then looking at a good file and never have a chance to find the problem. i only have a chance if you post the original file contents you ran into problems with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ark View Post
No, i havent changed the serverlist.ini since i posted it here, no. Thats what I found it a little bit strange, since I didnt get it in the start, just suddenly began to get the error message

It worked fine, but when i changed the noauto and nomanual, i started getting it... Then i changed the check_method to 0, and had my servers up for half an hour, maybe an hour, and didnt get the message anymore...
setting check_method 0 turns off all socket activity, so of course it will shut up the socket errors. that does not solve the root of the problem though.
why can't i reach any of your 3 servers anyway? maybe the socket error is the result of invalid IPs in your file. i got no other good explanation, your serverlist.ini file looks ok to me.
also i never heard of this error so i can't tell you anything about it from experience. an interesting fact to know would be: do all of the 3 servers show this error when check_method is activated? how often is the error message displayed (interval)?

Last edited by xOR; 02-11-2008 at 19:11.
D4ark
Old 02-12-2008 , 03:18   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

The reason u cant reach them, is probably couse they are not up xD

I dont really like to run the servers with errors, so trying to fix it before i run them 24/7 again.

2 of the servers is running at my computer (Good computer, can run 2 16-slots without any lag as far i and my mates know) and the third is running on my mates computer... As far as i know, he do not get this error, so maybe it got something to do with me hosting 2 servers from the same computer?
Old 02-12-2008 , 04:06   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

It work with NON-STEAM server???? in my server it work just this > /server , but when my server is full ppl dont redirect in other servers
D4ark
Old 02-12-2008 , 08:28   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Think it should work, seems to work at ours 3 standalone servers (Used hldsupdatetool and so on...)
Old 02-12-2008 , 09:26   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

i need install it in 3 server or its work with one server? i have 3 server , but is dont redirect when server is full
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2008 , 10:49   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

the plugin works fine on both steam and non-steam servers. show us your settings (cvars and serverlist.ini contents) and we will spot the error.

D4ark:
your problem is probably related to the two servers running locally on the same machine. others even crash in that configuration so as long as you only get an error message you can feel lucky

the next xREDIRECT release will use a localaddress= parameter in the serverlist.ini to query the server, it might fix the problem for these servers. as i was home early today i might find the time to prepare such a release now, let's see...
Old 02-13-2008 , 19:46   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Ok, waitin for it then ^^

But will the plugin still work with check_method 0?

I dont know so much about scripting and stuff like that, but the internal ip will be the same for both servers as well; in my case 192.168.10.101. So localadress wont work different than the external, adress, will it? As i said, i dont know, just askin
Old 02-14-2008 , 12:38   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ark View Post
Ok, waitin for it then ^^

But will the plugin still work with check_method 0?

I dont know so much about scripting and stuff like that, but the internal ip will be the same for both servers as well; in my case 192.168.10.101. So localadress wont work different than the external, adress, will it? As i said, i dont know, just askin
the plugin itself will work, but it can't display any information (up/down, map, active/max players) about the server in the menue or announcements.

about the ip stuff:
it just does not make sense that a machine connects to itself via its external ip address, many internet providers simply don't route these connections. if i try to ping my internet ip i get a timeout.
in your case it seems the connection works but has some weird errors, maybe the routing is there but not set up properly. to check whether the new version would help you, use 192.168.10.101 as address= for both servers and see if the problem persists. if it does, well, then something with your network drivers might be wrong.
and don't forget to make sure that you got no space characters or other invisible characters at the end of the address= or port= line in the server list file.