12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

OneMore
Old 04-19-2019 , 10:49   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5151

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyKeviin View Post
When i kill some one at lvl 1 with awp i get a new gun, but when i die at lvl 2 i lose the lvl 2 gun and got a lvl 15 gun?? can anyone help me with this?
You may make a mistake while editing configuration files. Set standard files from the distributive and check the behaviour.
TheBOSS
Old 05-03-2019 , 06:29   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5152

L 05/03/2019 - 12:08:59: [CSTRIKE] Invalid detour address passed - Disabling detour to prevent crashes
L 05/03/2019 - 12:08:59: [CSTRIKE] CSWeaponDrop detour could not be initialized - Disabled OnCSWeaponDrop forward

sm build 6280
Boxerman
Old 07-07-2019 , 18:58   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5153

Hi guys,

Sorry to pester you, it's been YEARS since i last set up a CSGO server! so bare with me!

Now, although it loads through sourcemod correctly, i have to manually turn on gungame to get the sounds working, and, if you die, you don't automatically respawn, also after the warm up, players keep the guns they got, which is confusing me!

Last one, no matter what i do, i can't get custom maps to work, i download them off GameBanana, and i get "Your map differs from the server".

24 hours i've been googling and most posts are from 2009-2011 and some of the things have changed, i set the server up using Pterodactyl if that helps?

Any advice or tips would be welcome!

Configs:
(NOTE: the gungame config is exactly like what i copied from the this site, they are in the correct location also)

Start up:
Code:
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -port 27017 +ip 0.0.0.0 +map de_dust2 +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 -strictportbind -norestart +sv_setsteamaccount XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Main server config:

Code:
// Server hostname
hostname "SERVERNAME REMOVED"

sm_cvar motdfile motd.txt

sm_cvar net_maxfilesize 64
sv_downloadurl "http://theimpracticalgamers.com/cstrike"
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1

// Rcon
rcon_password ""
// Server Password
sv_password ""

writeid
writeip
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg
SugarDx
Old 07-08-2019 , 10:14   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5154

For the maps issue, make sure they are uploaded to both the folder in your game server's directory, and at the download URL you placed in your config. They need to be in both locations and matching to work.
Old 07-08-2019 , 15:08   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5155

I'm doing that, but on the FastDL i have bz2'd them, i presumed that server is .bsp and FastDL is .bsp.bz2 ? or should they be exactly the same? both .bsp.bz2?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-08-2019 , 15:49   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerman View Post
I'm doing that, but on the FastDL i have bz2'd them, i presumed that server is .bsp and FastDL is .bsp.bz2 ? or should they be exactly the same? both .bsp.bz2?
In the game server's "maps" directory, you'll have the ".bsp" file.

In your fastdl's maps directory, you put in the ".bsp.bz2" file, under the condition that the original ".bsp" file was lower than 150 mb.

If the original ".bsp" file is 150 mb or more, then you just put your original ".bsp" file on the fastdl (and make sure you have NO .BZ2 there for that map!).

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Boxerman
Old 07-08-2019 , 17:14   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5157

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
In the game server's "maps" directory, you'll have the ".bsp" file.

In your fastdl's maps directory, you put in the ".bsp.bz2" file, under the condition that the original ".bsp" file was lower than 150 mb.

If the original ".bsp" file is 150 mb or more, then you just put your original ".bsp" file on the fastdl (and make sure you have NO .BZ2 there for that map!).
That makes a lot of sense, thanks buddy! Just running into the issue, i download a gungame map from GameBanana and then i upload the ".bsp" to the servers /csgo/maps folder and the ".bsp.bz2" to the FastDL server in /cstrike/csgo - but the error states "The map differs from the server"? - related to the mod (i presume not, but I'm still wet behind the ears).
SugarDx
Old 07-08-2019 , 17:29   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerman View Post
That makes a lot of sense, thanks buddy! Just running into the issue, i download a gungame map from GameBanana and then i upload the ".bsp" to the servers /csgo/maps folder and the ".bsp.bz2" to the FastDL server in /cstrike/csgo - but the error states "The map differs from the server"? - related to the mod (i presume not, but I'm still wet behind the ears).
Not entirely sure, but you might need to have both locations match on which files are which. I don't use the bz2 method on my server personally, so with fast download enabled, I just have the map files in both locations without compression. Your issue definitely sounds like it may be related to that. You can probably try disabling fast download temporarily and seeing if the maps will load. That should narrow it down to being a fast download problem, rather than an issue with GunGame.
Old 07-08-2019 , 18:31   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5159

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDx View Post
Not entirely sure, but you might need to have both locations match on which files are which. I don't use the bz2 method on my server personally, so with fast download enabled, I just have the map files in both locations without compression. Your issue definitely sounds like it may be related to that. You can probably try disabling fast download temporarily and seeing if the maps will load. That should narrow it down to being a fast download problem, rather than an issue with GunGame.
That makes sense; thanks guys!

(i may create a tut on this as i've been struggling! lol)

When players are in warmup, it gives them the gun, but if they get a kill in the warm up, when the game actually begins, it keeps that level and gun? How do i reset everyone?

How can i change it from rounds, to play and respawn until a winner? so first to get knifekill then the game ends and map rotates?
OneMore
Old 07-09-2019 , 08:58   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5160

To use GunGame mode you need to set "casual" game mode on the server in server.cfg like:
"game_mode" "0"
"game_type" "0"

Then you need to make all the necessary settings in gamemode_casual_server.cfg

You did not mention that in your initial post, so I stress your attention to it.