Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?

Post New Thread Reply   

Circusbrain
Old 04-28-2014 , 21:07   Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #1

I've tried what feels like every combination of every settings and every method of replicating a ragdoll on player death without all the dead body hopping around, and "noclip" yet.... I can either spawn a model without the ragdoll physics that is noclip but rigid, or, i can spawn a ragdoll that you have to interact with, OR on player death i skin them with my desired ragdoll and they're noclip'd yet, they bounce around like wild puppets.

Can it be done? Can you actually spawn a non interactive ragdoll based on someones exact last position/eye angle OR skin them on death without having them spazz out?
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 04-28-2014 , 21:45   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusbrain View Post
I've tried what feels like every combination of every settings and every method of replicating a ragdoll on player death without all the dead body hopping around, and "noclip" yet.... I can either spawn a model without the ragdoll physics that is noclip but rigid, or, i can spawn a ragdoll that you have to interact with, OR on player death i skin them with my desired ragdoll and they're noclip'd yet, they bounce around like wild puppets.

Can it be done? Can you actually spawn a non interactive ragdoll based on someones exact last position/eye angle OR skin them on death without having them spazz out?
You can parent the ragdoll and unparent the ragdoll to the player with bonemerging. it will keep the player's last animation, etc.
Circusbrain
Old 04-28-2014 , 22:28   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds like a lot more coding then I anticipated.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 04-28-2014 , 22:32   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #4

What game is this for?
Most ragdolls will lag the server, but i dont think youll have much issue with making them have no collision.
Circusbrain
Old 04-28-2014 , 22:34   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #5

Cs:s. The idea was to make a working decapitation mod. Headless model ragdoll for headshot, same model plus a detached head for knife kill.
Circusbrain
Old 04-29-2014 , 08:30   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #6

I've looked and tried nearly every variation of code on the forums, code from various .sp files on any kind of ragdoll/model mod... but nothing with bonemerging, guess that's next. Seems trivial now though, just for a death.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2014 , 09:03   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I've looked and tried nearly every variation of code on the forums, code from various .sp files on any kind of ragdoll/model mod... but nothing with bonemerging, guess that's next. Seems trivial now though, just for a death.
Maybe this:
PHP Code:
        SetEntProp(entityProp_Send"m_fEffects"EF_BONEMERGE|EF_NOSHADOW|EF_PARENT_ANIMATES); 
Make sure to use this before DispatchSpawn() is called, otherwise it might not have a valid effect

Defines:
PHP Code:
#define EF_BONEMERGE            (1 << 0)
#define EF_NOSHADOW             (1 << 4)
#define EF_BONEMERGE_FASTCULL   (1 << 7)
#define EF_PARENT_ANIMATES      (1 << 9) 

Last edited by Oshizu; 04-29-2014 at 09:04.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 04-29-2014 , 09:18   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #8

When it comes down to it the forums will only provide you with minimal coding when you are playing with entities.
I can try to help, but i currently dont have the script that i use parenting in atm.
Circusbrain
Old 04-29-2014 , 09:22   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #9

Oshizu, I appreciate it but I'm not even "there" yet... I have to figure out which option is best first.

Here's what I'm thinking... can't I get the position of the model on death, kill that entity, teleport a ragdoll in set to the same position and posed the same, and have that ragdoll be a noclip entity that only reacts to "world" (so it doesn't drop through levels/floors)?

The follow up question here is... how come no one has done it IF it's possible... the game/mods have been around forever? I WAS assuming it's either too hard, or not possible.

Last edited by Circusbrain; 04-29-2014 at 09:23.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2014 , 09:45   Re: Its just NOT possible no matter what... right?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Oshizu, I appreciate it but I'm not even "there" yet... I have to figure out which option is best first.

Here's what I'm thinking... can't I get the position of the model on death, kill that entity, teleport a ragdoll in set to the same position and posed the same, and have that ragdoll be a noclip entity that only reacts to "world" (so it doesn't drop through levels/floors)?

The follow up question here is... how come no one has done it IF it's possible... the game/mods have been around forever? I WAS assuming it's either too hard, or not possible.
Or just nobody was interesed in doing so