Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CoOp to Vs and Vs to CoOp

Post New Thread Reply   

Badkharma
Old 12-17-2008 , 14:20   CoOp to Vs and Vs to CoOp
Reply With Quote #1

Would be nice to be able to vote to change from co-op to versus on a public server and have it restart the server versus mode keeping the players that are in while making it public so others can connect afterward.

Also nice if you could vote Co-Op from versus with some way to let the first 4 votes stay on as Co-op.

Dont know what would be required or if it is even possible.

As it is now I can switch it to vs, but no one can join afterward. The server is set up as a public server Co-op, and it looks like through matchmaking it gets set to versus a lot, but after the campaign it defaults to co-op. Anyone know if any of this is possible? I thought it would be set up that way anyhow, that you could restart in either mode and the public could join but no one has ever joined after I switch it to versus.
ChillyWI
Old 12-17-2008 , 18:27   Re: CoOp to Vs and Vs to CoOp
Reply With Quote #2

It's just different maps. When you change to a versus map those players should be reconnected and be able to start playing. It works this way on my server. If you're limiting based on Steam group or something else, that may be causing problems. You also need to set the cvar for allowing non-lobby connections.
Badkharma
Old 12-17-2008 , 20:41   Re: CoOp to Vs and Vs to CoOp
Reply With Quote #3

It is a public steamgroup server, but that may still be the problem. Strange thing is if I just change map to a different co-op map players join quickly and it shows up in browser. When I switch to vs it does not show in browser and no one ever joins. Will do a switch to vs without steamgroup in config and see if that fixes it. Thanks.