Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MUDA MUDA MUDA
Old 06-21-2012 , 13:45   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Would it be possible to make a boss ability that gave stomp AOE damage? Like the boss super jumps then uses weigh down and when he lands everyone in 5m dies. Could make for some hilarity and is some what countered by the bosses being easy to knock around in the air so it carries some risk to attempt.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

NVM I forgot was loading saxton hale on top.

Code:
{
    new Boss=GetClientOfUserId(FF2_GetBossUserId(index));
    TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(Boss, TFWeaponSlot_Primary);
    SetEntPropEnt(Boss, Prop_Send, "m_hActiveWeapon", SpawnWeapon(Boss, "tf_weapon_drg_pomson", 588, 100, 5, "25 ; 0 ; 37 ; 0 ; 77 ; 0"));
        // 77 - 0 is max clip size
    SetAmmo(Boss, TFWeaponSlot_Primary,4);
}
This code actually works to spawn the weapon but he can keep reloading. Anyway to fix this with energy weapon?

Last edited by MaloModo; 06-21-2012 at 15:02.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 14:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I need to do some testing on it, but I've made a new version of freak_fortress_2.sp based on Otokiru's 1.06a that will (hopefully) add in the Monoculus boss health bar... thanks to Asherkin at pointing me to the entity the health bar uses (monster_resource)).

Other minor changes I hope to include are: Removing Jarate / Marked for Death immediately instead of waiting for the timer and better backstab detection based on SDKHooks 2.1's update to the OnTakeDamage hook (with fallback to the old method if that doesn't work).

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-21-2012 at 15:53.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 17:34   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I need to do some testing on it, but I've made a new version of freak_fortress_2.sp based on Otokiru's 1.06a that will (hopefully) add in the Monoculus boss health bar... thanks to Asherkin at pointing me to the entity the health bar uses (monster_resource)).

Other minor changes I hope to include are: Removing Jarate / Marked for Death immediately instead of waiting for the timer and better backstab detection based on SDKHooks 2.1's update to the OnTakeDamage hook (with fallback to the old method if that doesn't work).
Powerlord, have you posted your sub plugin's abilities?

Also, does anyone know how we can only allow Arnold to have a couple of shots and not be able to pick up ammo and keep shooting?
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 18:21   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
Gentlemen, may I present a boss, after a wait!

William Bill Overbeck
L4D's Bill: 'WHERE'S MY HAT?!'
Super-jump, weigh-down, 3 lives (first aid kits!), returned from the dead to kill us because we turned his hat into currency! (When we die we turn into bill's hat)

Video (NOTE: It says it has incendiary but was removed, and the sound_block_vo was 0. Fixed now):
http://youtu.be/yUV5I6K02aM (note: video is still uploading at the stage of this post, so check back later. lol ^__^)

BZ2 Included!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1bm52gqyo5a9avv

Extra:
Anyone know what logo/name this is from?:
Bill is missing the textures on his face also. This is easily seen with the model viewer
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 19:09   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
Gentlemen, may I present a boss, after a wait!
Quote:
}
mod_download
{
"1" "models\player\bill"
}
"download"
{

add "" your cfg file

Quote:
}
"mod_download"
{
"1" "models\player\bill"
}
"download"
{

Last edited by Research; 06-21-2012 at 19:17.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 22:03   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Other minor changes I hope to include are: Removing Jarate / Marked for Death immediately instead of waiting for the timer
Why not just remove the attributes from the Sydney Sleeper and Fan O'War?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 22:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Powerlord, have you posted your sub plugin's abilities?
My subplugin has one real ability. Two if you count the one I never released (which drugs all players).[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Also, does anyone know how we can only allow Arnold to have a couple of shots and not be able to pick up ammo and keep shooting?
You've tried the ammo restriction attributes? Those are attribute 37 for primary weapons (the Huntsman uses this one) or 25 for secondary weapons (the Flare Gun uses this one).

Now, for what you've all been waiting for (since earlier today)!
Presenting Freak Fortress 2 1.06b!

Based on 1.06a by Otokiru

What's new:
  • Boss health bar!
    • Bosses with multiple lives will need to have this bar knocked all the way down for every life they have. Can be used as a warning for when Ninja Spy's slowmo will activate.
    • I attempted to make it work with multiple bosses by adding their health and maxhealth together. If Valve makes it so multiple life bars work later, we'll change it then!
    • Can be disabled with ff2_health_bar 0 in FreakFortress2.cfg
  • New backstab detection! Works like a charm, too. No more hacky "check if the damage is > 1000 then if their weapon is a tf_weapon_knife." Well, unless you're using SDKHooks 2.0 that doesn't support the newer style, in which case it falls back to said hack. But you're all using 2.1, right? Right?!
  • Jarate and Marked for Death should wear off immediately. Not actually tested (whoops).

Known Bugs:
  • FF2 allows a boss's health to go negative. I have no idea why this is, but it happens regularly with both Ninja Spy's last life and Vagineer's life. Possibly the life is calculated differently in different spots. When a boss's health hits 0 or negative, the life meter vanishes.

Edit: I just made a quick change that should fix this and set the bar to 1 if any bosses are still alive but the total would be 0 or less.

What I haven't tested:
  • Multiple bosses. It should combine the boss' HP on the life bar, but I only have 2 computers and 2 TF2 accounts.
  • Jarate and Marked for Death changes.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 146 views - 165.1 KB)
File Type: smx freak_fortress_2.smx (85.9 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-21-2012 at 22:28.
Sindex
Old 06-21-2012 , 22:27   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Considering I have two bosses that use the mark of death attribute and one that might use jarate latter, I hope this does not break that. Besides those issues, I am fine with the updates that squashes more bugs instead of adding them.

Last edited by Sindex; 06-21-2012 at 22:28.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 22:28   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindex View Post
Considering I have two bosses that use the mark of death attribute and one that might use jarate latter, I hope this does not break that. Besides those issues, I am fine with the updates that squashes more bugs instead of adding them.
This is only when they're used on the boss... wait, let me double check that....

Code:
if (IsBoss(client))
Yes, this is only when they're used on the boss.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-21-2012 at 22:29.
Closed Thread