Eye Test module

Post New Thread Reply   

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 18:04   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
I speak of the module aimbot if you have not situated the module which I spoke ^^
What did you mean by "not responsive enough"? Also, it's best to post about it in the Aimbot module thread to keep things on topic.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-05-2011 , 18:49   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
I'm a bit confused. The default is off
I didn't realize that. Not sure what all the fuss is about then.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-05-2011 , 20:41   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #13

GoD-Tony, just a fyi there are many CS:S minigame maps that will could produce false positives as I've seen it happen numerous times. Maps that allow a player to take control of another entity, such as a boat or a chopper, have repeatedly punished players under KAC, so it's likely this one will do the same.
Old 06-06-2011 , 06:37   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
GoD-Tony, just a fyi there are many CS:S minigame maps that will could produce false positives as I've seen it happen numerous times. Maps that allow a player to take control of another entity, such as a boat or a chopper, have repeatedly punished players under KAC, so it's likely this one will do the same.
Code:
#define FL_ATCONTROLS			(1 << 6)	// Player can't move, but keeps key inputs for controlling another entity
PHP Code:
if(!(GetEntityFlags(client) & FL_ATCONTROLS))
{
// he are not controlling another entity :)

?
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2011 , 07:17   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I didn't realize that. Not sure what all the fuss is about then.
I believe CenT was simply asking how to interpret his logs because he had set it to log only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
I added a "buffer zone" to avoid detection in these types of scenarios, but with klausenbusk's snippet it can now be completely avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausenbusk View Post
?
I am impressed with this simple solution. This should also take care of potential issues on other mods such as DoD:S/INS and their stationary weapons. Thanks!
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2011 , 05:11   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #16

A little update on this: From the feedback I've received (as well as my own servers), this module has had a 100% detection rate for CS:S, and you should be able to safety enable automatic banning for this mod.

It's also quite aggressive at catching cheaters, as almost all aim related cheats seem to violate the eye angle boundaries that this module checks.

I haven't heard anything back about other mods, so it's still considered experimental outside of CS:S.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-14-2011 , 00:48   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
A little update on this: From the feedback I've received (as well as my own servers), this module has had a 100% detection rate for CS:S, and you should be able to safety enable automatic banning for this mod.

It's also quite aggressive at catching cheaters, as almost all aim related cheats seem to violate the eye angle boundaries that this module checks.

I haven't heard anything back about other mods, so it's still considered experimental outside of CS:S.
Will it lag a 32 slot server like the wall hack module does?
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2011 , 02:35   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
Will it lag a 32 slot server like the wall hack module does?
No, it should not.
Jonzky
Old 06-26-2011 , 06:43   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #19

How does the detection work? Assuming that a cheat would set the angles above the limit would it mean that there would be a continuous flood of logs for a client who might be cheating or would the 'cheater' only have these angles in specific circumstances?
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2011 , 07:05   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzky View Post
How does the detection work?
It checks a player's angles on every tick to make sure they aren't too far outside the normal range. Typically a cheater will join the server, shoot once, and be detected right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzky View Post
Assuming that a cheat would set the angles above the limit would it mean that there would be a continuous flood of logs for a client who might be cheating
Yes, normally this would cause a huge amount of flooding. I added code to only allow one detection per player connection. Otherwise a cheater would be detected and logged during every tick of the server (66 times per second).

For servers that have this module set to log/warn only, it might be a good idea to allow a detection to happen once per minute if the player is still in the server. I'll think about adding this in.